Do you want to get married?

So this question is simple for some and very complicated for others. Either way, what's your opinion?

• Yes.
    64% (42)51% (35)57% (77)Vote
  • No.
    18% (12)25% (17)22% (29)Vote
  • I'm already married.
    2% (1)6% (4)4% (5)Vote
  • Other. (Please explain.)
    14% (9)10% (7)12% (16)Vote
  • Results.
    2% (2)8% (5)5% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
26|33

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm already married but I didn't actually ever want to be married so much outside of the context of a relationship.

The idea of turning into a married man kind of terrified me, thinking my life would become so boring and with no sense of spice. I had that stereotypical image of a sub-urban married man who loves mowing his lawn while refusing to go out late at night because of the curfew set by his wife and kids.

I really didn't want to be that guy.

But I found over the years that I warmed up to the idea of marriage after living for a while with a woman I loved and got along with really well, and reaching a stable point in terms of income to be able to buy a house. For us, and given the dynamics of our relationship and the independent lifestyles my wife and I lead, it turned out to be much nicer than I thought it would be. Of course I can't just go out and splurge on drinks and debauchery anymore, but I still have my share of fun on weekends.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to be in a long term relationship, but I don't want to get married.
    I don't see the point of getting married. A ring around my finger and a piece of paper that says I'm married to someone doesn't prove that I love him more or less.
    Plus, I think weddings are just a waste of money.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 32

• No, I can't ever see it happen. Besides I never ever want kids, so that's a very big dealbreaker to begin with and it won't really matter as having a traditional kind of family just is never a goal a mines and not something I would ever want. I don't feel any kind of incentive to be with anyone. But Good Luck to anyone if marriage is one of their most important goals in life.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't see any benefits of marriage in present day's social structure.

1|0
    0|0
    • Then find a structure you believe in, and a woman who shares your views on that structure. Do what you legally can. Don't conform to the ungodly aspects of the current culture. You are not beholden to them anyway.

• I picked D. I used to get married but I'm honestly not sure now. I've heard more about the consequences and risks so I'm less excited about the idea. If I meet the right person and things go well, I'll probably want to get married eventually though.

1|0
    0|0
  • accidentally clicked no

I wanna get married, but not for religious reasons or anything like that. and preferably not in the church, but I'll go with whatever she prefers

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd need to be interested in a relationship first. Don't see that happening any time soon, but things can happen I suppose.

1|0
    0|0
  • Later on. Definitely not now.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well since I think we should life long companions I just choose to get that companion at around 32 years old.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup that's the end goal in dating. Wife, family, dog, kids, house.

1|0
    0|0
  • For sure

1|0
    0|0
  • With you 😶?

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd love to, but the current culture makes me rather wary of getting married. >50% chances of divorce are nothing to snark at.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too busy for that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes for sure I want to make my own family

1|1
    0|0
    • That's great! It seems like you have ambitions, that's impressive.

• Show All
    • Well that's the truth hun , isn't it?

• It definitely is the damn truth. 😊

• No definitely not

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i want to marry a kind hearted girl one day , and i want to have like 4 or 5 kids i want a big family :]

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I want to get married.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh, hell yes! I'm just waiting on God right now. He'll send me the right one at the right time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I want to marry @cinderelli

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I want to

1|0
    0|0
  • I chose other because it would all depend on if the girl wanted to or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do, but it's just a silly dream.

1|0
    0|0
  • to be honest, no, marriage is for dopes.

1|1
    0|0
  • yuppp.. for sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes oh God yes!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • sure but shouldn't we get to know each other first?

1|0
    0|0
  • Legally speaking I see no benefits to men when they get married.

I believe in God so it might be that I get married anyway for religious reasons but honestly I don't want to do so. All it does is promise 50% of my stuff (and hers) practically guarantees she gets the house and has me legally supporting her for years if something goes wrong. I know that works both ways but I wouldn't take an ex partners money... Nothing in marriage for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I went to a wedding yesterday.
    Y'know... the more I think about how a wedding of my own would play out, the less it appeals to me.
    I really don't think I ever want a wedding.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't see the point, I think it's stupid

1|1
    0|0

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 25

• Possibly some day, I'm not eager to and I don't think I will be in the future, if it happens it happens and it'll be all for the right reasons and if it doesn't doesn't mean a piece of paper will define my family.

1|0
    0|0
  • Someday.. yes

1|2
    0|0
  • id love to get married someday <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I definitely want to get married someday. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to, yes. It's not really necessary but I think I'd enjoy it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if I meet a guy who'll make the idea of marriage appealing to me. For the time being, I value my freedom.

2|1
    0|0
    • Freedom is definitely something that should be valued. But getting married to the right person doesn't completely strip you of your freedom.

• I would love to get married someday but I can't ever see it happening 😒 I would elope if I were to get married but nobody's gonna wanna elope with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • without a doubt

1|1
    0|0
  • Um. Not a legal marriage, that shit is like a curse. plus legal marriage means nothing when people don't take it serious anymore. But hats off to those married 10,20,30 years and still happy and in love.

1|2
    0|0
  • Been there, done that. Never again.

2|2
    0|0
  • i would like to... one day

1|0
    0|0
  • In my 30s probably. Life is too beautiful for spending half of it in commitment.
    I don't know I am very free, will I ever find a man who will make me want to commit or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • not particularly no. the idea makes me feel claustrophobic... but never say never i guess.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I want to make sure that I'm 100% ready for it. I want some kids too <3

1|0
    0|0
  • One day, maybe.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. :p

1|0
    0|0
  • We'll i want to get married but there's always a part of me that will be scared that it won't work oud that we'll have to share custody of kids and stuff i dont want that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, yes I do.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yep. Definitely. Not anytime soon though.

1|0
    0|0
  • In the future, yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup, one day

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes ofc :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Heck yeah!