Do you want to get married?

So this question is simple for some and very complicated for others. Either way, what's your opinion?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • I'm already married.
  • Other. (Please explain.)
  • Results.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm already married but I didn't actually ever want to be married so much outside of the context of a relationship.

The idea of turning into a married man kind of terrified me, thinking my life would become so boring and with no sense of spice. I had that stereotypical image of a sub-urban married man who loves mowing his lawn while refusing to go out late at night because of the curfew set by his wife and kids.

I really didn't want to be that guy.

But I found over the years that I warmed up to the idea of marriage after living for a while with a woman I loved and got along with really well, and reaching a stable point in terms of income to be able to buy a house. For us, and given the dynamics of our relationship and the independent lifestyles my wife and I lead, it turned out to be much nicer than I thought it would be. Of course I can't just go out and splurge on drinks and debauchery anymore, but I still have my share of fun on weekends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to be in a long term relationship, but I don't want to get married.
    I don't see the point of getting married. A ring around my finger and a piece of paper that says I'm married to someone doesn't prove that I love him more or less.
    Plus, I think weddings are just a waste of money.

What Guys Said 32

• No, I can't ever see it happen. Besides I never ever want kids, so that's a very big dealbreaker to begin with and it won't really matter as having a traditional kind of family just is never a goal a mines and not something I would ever want. I don't feel any kind of incentive to be with anyone. But Good Luck to anyone if marriage is one of their most important goals in life.

• No, I don't see any benefits of marriage in present day's social structure.

• Then find a structure you believe in, and a woman who shares your views on that structure. Do what you legally can. Don't conform to the ungodly aspects of the current culture. You are not beholden to them anyway.

• I picked D. I used to get married but I'm honestly not sure now. I've heard more about the consequences and risks so I'm less excited about the idea. If I meet the right person and things go well, I'll probably want to get married eventually though.

• accidentally clicked no

I wanna get married, but not for religious reasons or anything like that. and preferably not in the church, but I'll go with whatever she prefers

• I'd need to be interested in a relationship first. Don't see that happening any time soon, but things can happen I suppose.

• Later on. Definitely not now.

• Well since I think we should life long companions I just choose to get that companion at around 32 years old.

• Yup that's the end goal in dating. Wife, family, dog, kids, house.

• For sure

• With you 😶?

• I'd love to, but the current culture makes me rather wary of getting married. >50% chances of divorce are nothing to snark at.

• Too busy for that.

• Yes for sure I want to make my own family

• That's great! It seems like you have ambitions, that's impressive.

• Well that's the truth hun , isn't it?

• It definitely is the damn truth. 😊

• No definitely not

• Yeah i want to marry a kind hearted girl one day , and i want to have like 4 or 5 kids i want a big family :]

• Yes, I want to get married.

• Oh, hell yes! I'm just waiting on God right now. He'll send me the right one at the right time.

• Yes I want to marry @cinderelli

• Yes I want to

• I chose other because it would all depend on if the girl wanted to or not.

• Yes, I do, but it's just a silly dream.

• to be honest, no, marriage is for dopes.

• yuppp.. for sure.

• Yes oh God yes!!

• Yes.

• sure but shouldn't we get to know each other first?

• Legally speaking I see no benefits to men when they get married.

I believe in God so it might be that I get married anyway for religious reasons but honestly I don't want to do so. All it does is promise 50% of my stuff (and hers) practically guarantees she gets the house and has me legally supporting her for years if something goes wrong. I know that works both ways but I wouldn't take an ex partners money... Nothing in marriage for me.

• I went to a wedding yesterday.
    Y'know... the more I think about how a wedding of my own would play out, the less it appeals to me.
    I really don't think I ever want a wedding.

• Nope. I don't see the point, I think it's stupid

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 25

• Possibly some day, I'm not eager to and I don't think I will be in the future, if it happens it happens and it'll be all for the right reasons and if it doesn't doesn't mean a piece of paper will define my family.

• Someday.. yes

• id love to get married someday <3

• Yes, I definitely want to get married someday. :)

• I'd like to, yes. It's not really necessary but I think I'd enjoy it.

• Only if I meet a guy who'll make the idea of marriage appealing to me. For the time being, I value my freedom.

• Freedom is definitely something that should be valued. But getting married to the right person doesn't completely strip you of your freedom.

• I would love to get married someday but I can't ever see it happening 😒 I would elope if I were to get married but nobody's gonna wanna elope with me.

• without a doubt

• Um. Not a legal marriage, that shit is like a curse. plus legal marriage means nothing when people don't take it serious anymore. But hats off to those married 10,20,30 years and still happy and in love.

• Been there, done that. Never again.

• i would like to... one day

• In my 30s probably. Life is too beautiful for spending half of it in commitment.
    I don't know I am very free, will I ever find a man who will make me want to commit or not.

• not particularly no. the idea makes me feel claustrophobic... but never say never i guess.

• Yes but I want to make sure that I'm 100% ready for it. I want some kids too <3

• One day, maybe.

• I don't know. :p

• We'll i want to get married but there's always a part of me that will be scared that it won't work oud that we'll have to share custody of kids and stuff i dont want that.

• Yes, yes I do.

• Yep. Definitely. Not anytime soon though.

• In the future, yes.

• Yup, one day

• Yes ofc :)

• Heck yeah!

• yes absolutely.

• I wanna get married someday