What should I do now?

My fiancé and I are planning to be married at the end of this year. Yesterday, I was preparing the invitations to be sent out to my family and friends. Unfortunately, last night, we got into a heated argument over a trivial matter and my fiancé said, "this is how you are making me feel right now" and tore one of the invites. I was gutted by his response but he told me afterwards that "he did that because he was so angry at that moment and that he is not thinking about cancelling the wedding." I still feel that his reaction was uncalled for and it was not a good reason for him to act that way. I just do not know what to do at the moment. We have been together for five years and have been talking about marrying each other for a while now. But this incident is making me contemplate a lot of things. I would appreciate getting some insights from another person's perspective. Many thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• All I can say is if you're second guessing don't marry

Most Helpful Girl

• Number 1, I wouldn't have waited 5 years just to get married. And I believe that he just has a serious problem. There was no need for him to do something like that regardless how angry he got. You need to ask yourself if this is somebody you want to get married to? Somebody who does things irrationally, without being careful of how he argues. Debates is natural. Arguments happen, spark will fly, and it will happen after you get married. That's just part of marriage. Think about this now, because if you have to contemplate, it may not be right for you to marry him at all. You have to be sure and positive about your relationship. Otherwise your going to be stuck with that throughout your married life. You don't want to marry just to divorce. Your aim should be to stay married to life. You don't have to stay if you don't want to, or feel you can submit to him as a wife. Because that is the top question: Are you willing to submit to him as a wife? Because if you won't, don't get married.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Have you considered seeing a counselor? The two of you can see a marriage or relationship counselor and talk some things out.

• what was the reason for that argument?
    is he going through stress?

• He ripped an invite. It's not the end of the world. Why is everyone going on full blown rage for nothing? Don't worry, I'm sure it will all be fine. He's probably just stressed out.

• You're contemplating the entire five year relationship because he tore up an invite?