Do you agree that women marry for resources while men marry for love?

Now this phrase hasn't originated by gag but by a lot of people some online, some in real life that women tend to marry for resources while men marry for love. To clarify, what they mean is women know how to exactly press a guys button, manipulate and make herself seem in love with him.
Do you agree that women marry for resources while men marry for love?They know how to go after men who make money, and efficiently as possible got themselves in the door and now married (studies actual show husbands on average make 20% more than their wise for the bear minimum). All under the rouse of love. We see evidence of this when we hear many women say they just want to get married already so they can get fat. We also see other instances when a male wises up a little and questions female behavior only to get shammed and bash for even having the though.

Example - Suppose a girl went out with a completely different type of guys in her youth. College athletes, real estate agents with swagger etc. Yet, by he late 20's she goes for an IT nerd she wouldn't have given a chance in her early 20's.

Guys who aren't brainwash by social programming and take a step back to question "Hey i'm nothing like any of the men she pursued in the past (which gives a pattern of what she likes) why does she want me?"

Many women and some men will chime in that the man is being insecure for asking a very real question about a woman's intention in wanting to get with him.

We also see evidence of resource extraction when 70% of divorces are initiated by women in marriages where the laws are in favor of extracting money from the man.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Inevitably!

I'm not saying women marry merely for money but money is mostly always one of the reasons they marry - at least I believe so.
    I mean if men had the same benefits as women would have in marriage, we sure would RUSH like women do to get married ASAP.
    Isn't it shady enough, that women URGE to get married and men try to avoid it like the plague? It fucking is!

I'm just going to live a bachelors life and be done with it :) No risks involved.

What Girls Said 17

• No. If I marry a guy (God forbid because marriage isn't really my thing) it'll be because I love him. Not because I want his money or whatever.
    Gold diggers marry for resources. Not all women are gold diggers.
    The reason why 70% of women initiate divorce:
    "When men and women seek couples therapy and then subsequently divorce; or, when either partner seeks individual therapy about a marriage conflict that ends in divorce, it’s often the woman who expresses more overt conflict and dissatisfaction about the state of the marriage. On the other hand, the man is more likely to report feeling troubled by his wife’s dissatisfaction, but pretty much “OK” with the way things are; he's content to just lope along as time passes."
    I. e. men seem more reluctant to fix things and just float along in the relationship, whereas the woman is more open about the conflicts they're experiencing, and more open with showing dissatisfaction.
    Then we also have the unfair laws regarding divorce and custody, men might be more afraid of getting a divorce because of the possible blow their bank account might take from it, or because they're afraid of not being able to see their kids as much. This is not to say that women divorce just for money, it just means that women aren't as scared of ending an unhappy marriage because they tend to have less to lose.

• No.
    Actually look around you. Women that marry for resources in the West are the exception.
    Most women get married cause that was the first decent boyfriend that asked and made an effort in the relationship.

Looking at these pics I feel that those men are not marrying out of love. But because they feel entitled to a hot girl. That's often why men want riches isn't it? So they can get their hearts desires!

I want to marry my man now out of love and because we are expecting a baby - but he says he wants to be a good provider before he is a husband. Apparently it would make him feel worthless if he married poor. Without a house or car.
    Once he has that - he says the first thing will be marriage.

No doubt I won't wait - and in the future he will meet a hot girl to be his wife who is attracted to his success instead of who he is.
    It makes me incredibly sad that so many men are like this.

I refuse to do the same unless I happened to fall in love with someone who happen to be rich. Although its not attractive to me.

• I have been proposed to twice by rich men before my boyfriend.
      It was obvious they just wanted a pretty young wife and never actually got to know me.

• What a clever excuse to dodge marrige and commitment lol.

• @Hotsoup Ha It might sound like an excuse but its not.
      He genuinely feels this way. He initiated marriage talk. I can tell he is fustrated and angry at himself. Men usually marry as a final step to show the world they 'made it'.

• I wholeheartedly disagree. I come from a two income household and quite frankly make more money than my husband does. Granted, he has foreseeable potential to earn much more than I do if he makes tenure but if my career really takes off I could trump him in a heartbeat. I didn't marry him thinking I would have a Jag and a gorgeous home in the coast. I married him because I love him, and he's the sexiest, most intelligent, most wonderful man on earth and no money can make than happen. It's alarming men still have this mentality in this day and age. It's quite disappointing really...

• He is a fast food manager. I'm a tour guide. I work less hours and I bring in more money.

• Nope. Both men and women marry for the resources. It's not love if they have to use you just to get it. It's not love if a woman have to divorce you over property, your finances, your inheritance, etc. Nobody would be swindling anybody. One of the main reasons why men are refusing and scared to be married to a woman is because the old saying and the Biblical account about a woman is true. You get with the wrong one, a woman will destroy a man, literally. Everything he owns end up gone, along with his dignity as a man. Men are no different, for the ones that do so. They will do the same things, except make sure she has no place to stand on as a woman ever again in life. Basically to shame her. Especially if his only goal in marrying her is just sex and make her feel unwanted as a wife.

All people can do is use common sense, and be watchful for those kinds of people. But no, I don't agree with that at all. It all boils down to their choices in life as well as their true intentions for you.

• I'm only going to college so that I can meet and marry Chad Thundercawk. After I spit out a couple of kids I'll dIvorce him and be set for life. 😂😂🙋

• Nope, I think that most people marry for love or at least what they believe to be love.
    "We see evidence of this when we hear many women say they just want to get married already so they can get fat."
    Never in my life have I heard this. People don't go into a marriage expecting to get fat. It just happens.

• y'all make it seem as if only women are gold diggers. Not true boys and you know it too. Who doesn't want to have money and live well off? Most of you guys would jump to marry a rich woman in a heart beat.
    Now can we please stop with this bullshit? People these days can't think of anything better to do smh.

• i say no! >:(

• people r different... both girls n boys... half r good n half r bad... do not generalise.

• Half are good? Someone's optimistic today xD

• @mikemx55 the reason y i use the term half is coz according to the laws of nature there has to be a balance so if there is yin there is yang n if there is good then there is bad so for a balance it has to be half n half so ya thats a fact n its good to be optimistic... makes like much more easier

• makes sense :p

• NerdY guys are just so innocently cute

• Not all women are gold diggers just like not all men are cheaters/players

• If "love" comes in the form of a girl who is 5'9" 110lbs with DDs then yeah i'm sure they marry for love just as much as women marry for "resources" lol

• No, I don't agree.

• No way, just the gold diggers

• Men marry for love. lol

• Y'all need some serious therapy. You hate women so much but you still want their attention.

• How do the people who voted yes hate women? The guy asked a question and we answered it. I only voted "Yes" because women do marry for resources as well as love.

• @Jeeevan ah, the invincibility of youth. Perfectly on time brain development. Maybe you'll become a good person eventually.

• Please enlighten me on how I'm a bad person?

What Guys Said 16

• so many of you men are so despicable on this website. You'll literally say anything to make women out to be the worst thing on the planet. Reading this, you'd think that men were part of God's, cherubs sitting at his right hand.. higher than high, holier than thou and can do/think no wrong. Seriously, at what point do some guys start taking some personal responsibility for the things that happen in the dating world? Do gold diggers exist? Yes, they do. Do some men ignore the obvious signs of a gold digger in order to have some hot candy tugging at their arms, then blame the predictable divorce later on hypergamy? Absolutely. Its things like this which remind me of why its so easy me and others to progress in life. It's not that I or others are so smart. Its because the competition is so dumb. When you think of the world in these sort of black or white ways, you'll more often than not end up on the wrong side of most issues

• This is 1% 1950s thinking. And annoying. Most households have two working individuals. The reality is that women 'marrying for resources' doesn't even make sense; it's more efficient to use the educating you received than to stay at home while someone else controls your financials.

Man gets mad? No money. Man finds someone else? No money. Man cheats? No money. Want a divorce? Not unless he foots the bill. You want out? No work experience, unhireable, no money.

That and the household income is carried by two working adults typically. You're ignoring most families worldwide. It is offensive actually and culturally ignorant.

Short of like those who think that women didn't work in the middle ages and men did everything based off of royalty.

• I'm sure most women marry for love, but yes, most women do marry for security/resources. Men marry for love, sure, but also societal expectations.

There is a reason why you can assume an unemployed or minimum/low wage male worker older than his teens is not married and is going to be assumed that he's not in a relationship at all. Whereas not only do men not generally care if a woman is all that financially successful, but it used to be the societal norm for a woman to not further her education or work outside of the house.

A woman's nature is to lean towards hypergamy. That doesn't necessarily make her a gold digger, but there is legitimate emphasis on finding a husband with the most accomplishment or the most potential that she can find.

Even in today's world where most women work themselves and are heading toward a future where many more women are going to have bachelors degrees comparative to men, women still largely expect their partner to make more than them and most men don't want their partner making more.

I've never heard a woman say she wanted to get married so she can get fat. I have heard women say they wanted to get married so that they didn't have to work anymore, though.

In your example, of course women are going to gravitate towards attractive, successful (in some fashion; status or parent's wealth) boys when they are younger. Those IT nerds weren't making money when they were 18 like they are now that they are 28. They brought nothing to the table. These men should be happy. They went through the normal channels and built up enough success that now they are considered someone that can actually provide for a family, hence at least some female attention now. Being butthurt that 17 year old girls didn't want to blow them from the get go is absurd.

This is the thing. Hypergamy is actually responsible for many of society's advancements. A lot of men created and developed most of the things we use today because there was an added value to being successful (attention from women) beyond just because they wanted to do it. Impressing women is a lot of what spurs men on to be successful. If men could get laid in a shit shack, he might not bother trying to buy a nice house.

There is a lot I disagree with in terms of divorce settlements and child custody but I'm running out of space on this post.

• this idea is wrong. to say that women marry for resources is to say that all men run a monopoly on the worlds resources. last time i checked i was not under control of much resources. this means that this idea is just wrong. women are capable of love too you know.

as for marriage, i know how marriages work man. if you dont want to marry a gold digger DONT flaunt your money man.

• It really is bull. A marriage is a matter of choice. If a guy can't distinguish between a gold digger and a woman who loves him, he deserves his misery.
    Let's not generalize.

• Yes, I've seen a millionaire lose a major stake in his company as part of the divorce settlement; it took that man years to build that and now he lost a chunk of it like that.

I've also seen men at the office on their third wives who are paying alimony and have to work several jobs because of this. It's ridiculous.

• This one's my fav.
    https://youtu.be/0iyeUcFKRv4
    #swag

And no, not all girls are GDWs.

• Men need to " shit test " potential partners to weed out the parasites , sadly too many men let the testosterone do the thinking !!

• It's true

• this is so subjective... its not a simple yes or no.. some women will do that and some won't,,, its not really fair to throw them all under the same exact label

• my dude, its 2016. men can be gold diggers aka me

• all women are gold diggers

• From female gager fellas (SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT)

"Why do guys not care about how much money a woman makes?"

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2060508-why-do-guys-not-care-about-a-woman-s-education-salary

I never ever understood this.

I would think a lot of guys would want a girl who helped him out with finances etc.

I mean even in University, guys date girls who don't really study yet they're studious themselves.

Why? It doesn't make sense.

• From this question on whether women should date down guy who make less money than them :

"I don't c why i should aim lower, when I've been aiming high all my life. No one is perfect. no one. no matter how high i am, he'll have his flaws, and so will i. this is life. there are flaws that you need to let slip by, and others that you will not take. "

"Why should they?
      O. o

I either want to have a boyfriend who I want - in a lot of aspects - or I'd rather just be single. What's so wrong with that?"

"No one should lower their standards."

"Women don't date down because we don't want some man coming into our lives pretending they love us when all they want is a share of what we worked for. Why should we go for anyone lower or lazy?"

• A Man ALWAYS ALWAYS marry a woman he is in love with. Men need to love the woman. Love is priority #1

Women, NOT Always. A woman might get married without being in love. Love for them is not a priority so important. Maybe not #1.

Men love more than women.

• Women can be with a man without loving her, men can't. That's a fact.

Because women prefer to be loved rather than love.

As a man I don't like it, but there are men that are fine with just loving.

WOMEN always complain about not getting loved. 'Is there a man that can love me blah blah blah?' I would say to her... 'And you can you show the love for the guy?'

If you are a man that being loved is as much important as loving... You gotta be very careful.

• Since childhood men are taught to give, women to ask for and receive.

It's logical that for women is harder to love. You need to give to love.

• It's kind of funny that the responses here are proving OP's point. Guy brings up question that essentially questions social brainwashing about love, marriage and relationship today with supporting info. Gets bashed for even asking the question by men and women.

It's like men must always keep their head in the sand and never question the very structure system we have in place in society.

• I don't think so