I've recently been reading a lot of negative comments about the idea of marriage, so I was wondering what everyone thought of it?
In my opinion, I think it`s a wonderful and romantic thing and ever since I can remember I've wanted to get married.
What do you think?
Most Helpful Guy
Marriage is the best thing that ever happened to me. Here's why:
1) I love my wife more than anything and would never want to spend my life with anyone else
2) Heaven knows why, but my wife loves me. You find a girl like that and you hold onto her forever.
3) She's an amazing mother and partner - again, I want to keep that forever.
Here's what marriage is:
1) A strong mutual support system. We support and help each other and we can always depend on each other.
2) We have someone to share life's experiences with. Life is always better when you can share it.
3) Really, really, really good and exciting sex pretty much anytime we want it.
Marriage is also...
1) Hard. It takes work. I love my wife and we enjoy romance - but don't confuse romance (the action and the fun) with romantic (the ideal). We share romance in our marriage, but I would not call marriage romantic.
2) Temptations abound. It would be so easy to cheat. Why don't I? I love my wife and don't want to. Why doesn't she? I have no f***ing idea.
3) It's easier to leave. But worth it to stay.
4) There is no such thing as "communicating without words". If you don't communicate - truly communicate - WITH words, the marriage is doomed.
In short - would I recommend marriage? Abso-f***ing-lutely. But only with the right person. How do you know you've found the right person? Heh... if I could answer that, I'd be rich. I just knew... but I knew in a different way than for the previous girls I "knew" I loved.
For reference: I'm 38... married 8 years (together for 9).2