Would you want a polygamous marriage?

Polygamous marriage could mean 1 man and multiple women, 1 woman and multiple men, or multiple women, or multiple men, or multiple women AND multiple men. I was thinking I'd want a polygamous marriage - me, 1 man, and 1 woman - so we could all share responsibilities. Also I'd love them, and have a good sex life between the 3 of us. Would you want a polygamous marriage?

• no marriage
  • monogamous marriage only
  • I'd rather not be polygamous but I'd consider it
  • I'd prefer to be polygamous
Anyone?
Why would you want, or not want, polygamy?

Most Helpful Guy

• to be honest i think i would. as long as im the only guy, and due to how girls lack sexual interest, and as a guy im sex crazed, i wouldn't be sexually deprived or neglected, with more girls around who want me
    but under only one condition, id have to have an easy non stressful non strenuous job like i have now and a better paycheck to support them, and keep up with them, unless they get jobs, and most important NO KIDS EVER. id have to get a vasectomy. and the girls would have to be all attractive, and be my type of course. and streight not bi-sexual or lesbian
    but thinking about this makes me wonder how it would work, but id have to go with one perfect dream girl in my life. that would be better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Recently we all watched a TV news about polygamous. A guy got married with a girls with father's consultation. Mom was infuriated so she managed another marriage very next day with a girl of her selection. Two days, two brides, one groom. I continued thinking, and certainly others too, what could be the arrangement of having sex. A few days later we girls were discussing same issue. On disclosed her cousin's polygamy. One guy, two girls. All three sleep together on one big bed, have sex together and are very happy.

What Guys Said 30

• Marriage just won't work for me either way. I never want any offspring to begin with as that's typically the point of marriage to begin with, to establish and start and raise a family together.

And also, it is because I figured that multiple simultaneous marriages would also meant potentially multiple simultaneous divorces. So therefore, no thanks, even if a law was passed in the future to permit this kind of thing, I'll just have to pass.

• I'm polyamorous, so I could thrive in a polygamous marriage. Under a system of gender equality, there is no good reason to deny that we must keep evolving until an adult, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, monogamy or polyamory, race, or religion is free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage (and any of those without the others) with any and all consenting adults. Polyamory, polygamy, open relationships are not for everyone, but they are for some. The limited same-gender freedom to marry is a great and historic step, but is NOT full marriage equality, because equality "just for some" is not equality. Let's stand up for EVERY ADULT'S right to marry the person (s) they love.

• No. I just want one person.
    I support polygamy, let people do what they want, but it's not for me.

• No, I never want to get married. I wish to stay single till death. However I really doubt whether " polygamous" marriage really exists.

• Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. -- Oscar Wilde

• Considering all risks, specially when it comes to legal risks I'd go for no marriage at all. I{ve learned any man involved in a marriage is on a very unnatural state, and it will only lead to problems. But out of these options, I'd go for monogamous marriage. Polygamy only means taking even a higher risk.

If I wanted to have parallel relationships I'd just have that, parallel relationships, or simply multiple sex partners rather than being involved in a polygamous marriage. It really doesn't make any sense at all.

• It all depends on the persons involved. With some I'd be happy, with others I wouldn't even think about it.

• There's a high chance that I'm not going to get married with one girl, let alone two. As for two guys and one girl, that's awkward.

• B is the nearest option to me - One on one relationship is complicated enough for me and I would hope it stays faithful.

• Nope, not for me... strictly monogamous.

• I wouldn't want a polygamous marriage. It's hard enough to have 1 wife so I wouldn't want more than that and there's no way in hell I'll ever share my wife with another man

• Polygamy is not cost - effective :/

• That sounds kind of hot me and two women living togeather and fucking and looking out for one another. Wanna start a reality TV show?

• Nope and the sex life that's not how it works they say. So you'd be into for the wrong reason.

• There's something I don't understand
    Why is it personal perfrence, until Muslims do it, it become backward

Isn't that doubling the standards?

• It would be good only for 1-2 years... Then imagine how many arguments are in monogamous relationship, and double it... Also they would be able to unite against me :D polygamous relationship could be good if they dont know each other

• Monogamous only.

• with the status quo of the law it is a super stupid thing to do.

• Hell no

• Nope.

• Poly? No way. I would rather marry or just do my own thing.

• the sex aspect sounds great in theory.. but you are also massively increasing the nag factor lol

• Nope, just one women for me!

• Never thought about it. I would consider it, depending on the people. Maybe two guys and two women?

• That's an oxymoron and makes a complete mockery of the farce that is the institute of marriage.

• no.. thats awful

• it's illegal, but if it were to be legal, i dont think i would

• Staying single would be preferable to a polygamous marriage. As one of the ex-polygamous girls said on that TV show, it’s more about free sex for the males while the women become breeding stock with only useful purpose as a baby-making machine.

• a, polyamory, no need to get paperwork involved in this deal

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 33

• No. I get that some couples, where they're just dating, are open and I'm fien with that if that's what some are into. I simply don't see the point of getting married in the first place and making such a 'relationship' official by law if the individuals involved aren't all that into the whole symbolic nature of being 'the one' for each other till the end, y'know?

• Absolutely not, I prefer monogamy. He's mine and I'm his, and that's it. Lol

• Not something I would ever do. I want just one person that loves me and is committed to only me.

• that is not a marriage. marriage is a clear definition. TWO people as partners who vow to remain together till death do them part. call ANYTHING else whatever you want, but it's not marriage, hence i will definitely not be aiming for that life.

• No way. I don't want to share. If that was my only option, I'd just stay single.

• I don't understand the point? But hey, if that's what other people want and no one is being forced or pressured into it / everyone is a willing and happy participant, go fuckin nuts, I don't care!

• I'm bisexual so for me a FMF marriage would be ideal. I'd be all for it!

• Hell no to the no.. its or I'm the only wife or he better choose between me and the other woman. XD

• I don't want to get married. But if I wanted to, I would want to have a monogamous marriage.
    I think it's not okay to have multiple wives or husbands. Plus, I don't like to share.

• Nope, one guy is good for me, married or not.

• monogamous only!

• I always thought of myself as strictly monogamous but lately I'm thinking poly wouldn't be so awful. I mean, there's more people involved and therefore more love and companionship. I can see why people are drawn to that life style

• Nope, I love monogamy.

• Nah, I grew up where everyone was monogamous. To have a polygamous marriage would feel weird.

• I don't like sharing so no.

• I would never consider a polygamous relationship

• I'll take no marriage thanks

• I would say polyandrous marriage.
    If It was possible I would be in heaven lol

• Nope, I am a one man girl

• No thats how things spread...

• i'd rather not but wouldn't rule it out

• Lord, no! Why bother marrying then?

• As a polyandrist (one woman, multiple men), I would love to be able to marry my future partners.

• Not my cup of tea, but thank you for asking.

• No, i would want a monogamous relationship but if i did go polygamy it would be me and 2 guys.

• No way. To me the definition of marriage is between one man and one woman.

• I don't share

• I dont like to share

• No! I don't share! 😊

• Monogamy only for me.

• More from Girls
    3