Agree or disagree: Renting wedding dress instead of buying it?

To buy wedding dress it cost 1400$
to rent wedding dress it cost 186$

• Agree
  • Disagree
It's cute to see husbands agree with it. In Saudi Arabia currently we have a rental wedding dress & girls are into it that's cool

Most Helpful Guy

• Do this: Go to a consignment shop especially one that specialuzes in such dresses.

When I got married 15 years ago, my wife and I had to pay for it. What we did was go to Saratoga Trunk in Saratoga NY. My wife got a lovely dress for $300 that originally cost about $1200 if I recall correctly. The owner, Natalie, was wonderful to us.
    http://www.saratogatrunk.com

Anyway, almost certainly, other shops like this exist where you can own a lovely dress for your special day but not blow oceans of money. I would even consider contacting Saratoga Trunk to see if they know of any comparable shops in your area.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love the idea of saving money. Renting a bridal dress is a smart thing to do, nonetheless I'm buying mine because I know I'm going to be picky about it. Where I'm from, I don't think there is any rental bridal dress stores that has exceptionally beautiful dresses. I want my dress to look high end, and stunning; might as well get it tailored to my taste.

What Guys Said 16

• I think renting it makes sense but I don't know any girls who'd be cool with being frugal on their big day, they might say they'd be cool with it right up until it's real and then they'd be pissed off at the mere suggestion because they'd see it as second rate kinda thing. lol

• why would you buy a thing that you never wear again in your life, if you can rent it for a fraction of the cost? xD i mean lets face it, you will most likely not fit into it anymore later on anyway :P

• That's my opinion on marriage in general.

• You can always pass it down to your daughter if umyou have one. That is what my friend is going to do when she has kids.

• @btbc92 Well if it happens to fit her and if you have a daughter xD all the ifs

• It should be completely up to who is paying for it. You're gonna wear it once then put it in the closet for eternity.

• I agree. I mean you're only going to wear it once.

• It depends on your economic situation , if it is ok and you are such a girl who cares items which you used in important times buy.. But if it is not ok and you dont care that much rent..

• Why buy something you only use once?

• The cost of weddings do my head in - That is a new car or a deposit on a house for Heaven's sake - Buy a new suit and dress you can wear again, pop down the civic centre for a quick ceremony, have a party in a bar afterwards, job done.

• Rental dresses actually fit without altercations?

• I'd do it, I mean girls don't pee in it.

• are u @Saudigir? :D
    the only saudi grl on GAG :D

• Hhhh yeah man 😂😂 I like that lol

• I agree that is a great idea to save money and not be wasteful as you probably won't fit it for more than a couple years lol

• A wedding is a special occasion that hopefully only happens once in your life, so I don't think you should rent it. The day should be as special as possible. It's also when the girl will be at her prettiest.

• Seems to be a responsible option. I'm with renting woman or man wedding cloths.

• it just seems better to rent something, you'll only wind up wearing once

• HELLL YEAHH

• I'm only planning to get hitched once so I'll spend the extra so she can keep the dress

What Girls Said 14

• Eh, I would rather buy mine. Mainly for the memory and I can pull it out and show my future children the dress I got married in.

• I wasn't even going to get a wedding dress, just take care of my business at the court house real quick then go get food. I don't have the money for that shit xD

• I'm planning to buy my wedding dress, mainly because I want it to be my own design, tailored to fit just me perfectly but if others prefer to save the money for whatever reasons I don't have a problem with that either as it doesn't affect me :)

• A lot of people here buy a "simple" wedding dress that they can also wear at other locations. Its more a nice suit they can use for formal receptions or celebrations. Cheaper and still useable (if you keep your pre-wedding shape ;-) )

• I was married in same dress my mother wore. A something borrowed thing, so I didn't have to pay at all

• Definitely rent, why would you invest that much in a dress you are going to wear only for a couple of hours..

• Doesn't matter if we agree. If that's what you'd prefer to do, then do that!

I think. Most women prefer to buy though because you can get it tailored to fit perfectly. If you're one of those lucky women who generic cuts just fit well on, I am sure jealous jaja

• I think that's a GREAT way to save money, but only if you're a sample size and wouldn't require any tailoring to make the dress fit properly.

• Nah, when I get married I'm buying mine. And I am going to wear that dress anywhere and everywhere after I get married too.

• It's cheaper and you wear it ONCE so it makes sense to rent or buy second hand, my mum did. Weddings are overpriced.

• Why not rent?

• yeah id def rent it

• That's actually fair but I prefer to buy a wedding dress.

• You're only using it once doesn't need to sell an eye for it :p