Is this the reason why more guys are avoiding marriage?

Found this article today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3046350/Why-men-refuse-marry-Women-complain-chaps-today-won-t-settle-Sorry-ladies-s-fault-argues-wickedly-provocative-new-book-Denigration-Men-PETER-LLOYD.html

I'm no men's rights activist or anything, but I did feel kinda shocked reading this. What's your reaction? Do you think it could be true?

• The article is TRUE
  • The article is a PILE OF CRAP
  • Not sure - see results

Most Helpful Girl

• you bet this is true. it may not be true for all men, but it's true. look at how crazy everything has gotten. men having their children taken from them with hardly any consideration. divorce rates out the yin yang, and who gets bit the most? men's wallets are ripped apart so fast, it's a wonder they have any money left. not to mention, when they are actually in the marriage, the wife tries using sex as a means of control. not to mention all the cases of paternity fraud where the wife knows it's not her husbands kid. now it's true that men aren't innocent angels either, but come on!

Most Helpful Guy

• Men aren't getting married because they are seeing how bad their dads and uncles got fucked in family court by women.

Many other men are also disappointed that women feel like men need to uphold traditional standards of masculinity but refuse to even entertain the same thought for themselves.

• Yep men are solely responsible to pay for dates, take care of them when they don't want to work and then take care of them once they leave you they are still your responsibility that is utterly ridiculous.

What Girls Said 12

• This is not true for all men. Yes, a lot of women are not doing right by their husbands. But you just have men who don't give a rip about marriage, family values etc. Many of them haven't been taught right about marriage, and instead have been look down negatively. If a boy wanted to marry young, they would be looked down on and threatened to be disowned, college funds would be dropped , etc. And these are from the wrong kinds of parents. Really mean and demeaning ones. They lie to their kids and now we have a crisis going on the the point marriage in general is on a tipping point. Meaning it isn't just plummeting to high divorce rates or divorce is getting low. Women needs to be more respectful towards their husbands, and likewise the husbands to their wives. Nobody knows how to love or be nice to each other anymore. And then I come across plenty of guys who are far below their maturity level as far as age, including a lot of so-called women. So if you pair up an immature 20-50s year old men and women in marriage, what do you think is going to happen? It's going to fail. Then when the kids see that and don't learn from their parents mistakes to do different, it's going to repeat itself in a loop. Now you have a generational curse going on, where somebody is always divorcing, getting kids out of wedlock/teen pregnancy, women getting abused by men and vice versa, domestic violence, etc. Sadly I have family that end up in that situation of a generational curse, and now my cousins of my generation are doing the same thing as the parents. Many of them are not even married, or end up single parents. I refuse to end up like that, and know to treat a man with respect, even if I don't agree with his values or beliefs. I still treat them and honor them the way they are to be treated.

• Very well put. It is very refreshing to see that someone put effort into seeing things from both a female and male point of view. Much props!

• The Daily Mail is a tabloid. By virtue of being published in the Daily Mail, the article is a steaming pile of crap.

• But the book it's talking about wasn't published by the Daily Mail.

• Umm, he publicly swore his allegiance to ISIS. There is a recording of this. Internet records show he was reading massive amounts of ISIS propaganda, became radicalized and then did exactly what radicalized people do: kill innocents in the name of ISIS.

But good way to change the subject. lol.

• The FBI determined no such thing. I haven't heard much about the Nice attack, but I had heard it was a similar situation.

• All I see is an article about some dude who wrote a book that was intentionally inflammatory / "provocative" knowing he would make a killing off of the support of a bunch of angry mouth breathers who don't want to consider what's wrong with them and prefer instead to blame all their woes on women and our evil nature lol

Angry people like reading shit that justifies their anger. This is not new.

• Ok, so your saying it went over your head.

• Most men who are "MGTOW" probably don't even know the term and if they do they may well not assosciate with it even though they may agree with some of it's principals.

As you say it does have a lot of negative assosiation with it, in part from idiots saying stupid shit and in part by Feminist media totally misrepresenting it.

• Maybe they're angry because women are fucked up. Oh wait, women will never admit when they're wrong.

• I wasn't planning on marrying any of them so I give zero fucks if some Return Of Kings wannabe writes a load of shit. If the Daily Mail wrote about it you know it's shit.

• Marriage was never anything special anyways so nothing has changed. It was about ownership then and now about what you can get out of the other (men and women). It's not about love and it never was. You can truly love someone and not do some pointless ceremony. Waste of time.

• Lmao at that picture!😂 her left leg though!

• Lol. But would it be funny if it was a woman on the ground and man holding the whip?

• Probably 😊

• Makes me wanna cry

• the dailymail is all opinion and opinionated fact so I wouldn't recommend using it for anything other than loo roll

• Fucking bullshit

• Here, we call that tabloid Daily Fail.

• Unless you're religious, marriage itself is becoming outdated.

I think and hope family court is shifting to give more rights to fathers and to change alimony laws as the economic reality had changed, but as with everything in the courts it's slow going...

But that won't change the fact that humans are notoriously unmonogamous (and never have been) and designed to live in social tribes, not tiny single family units isolated from others (caused by post agrarian society, not women).

Some women are bad, some men are bad. Neither as a whole is causing the number of long term marriages to decline. Changing social norms are.

• marriage worked fine and women as mothers worked fine for hundreds of years, this system we have now even in its very early state shows its not working well, to many useless people taking money out of the system without contributing, women simply are not capable of competing with men, we are vastly superior to women, so feminism was created to bring men down to womens level essentially.

• We haven't had the machines we have now for hundreds of years. Automation and post agrarian and industrial life and not feminism is the main reason things are changing. It's been less than 100 years since most of the west - especially the US, have lived on farms. And poor women have always worked - in the fields, in mills, in factories, as seamstresses and washerwoman.

• Marriage isn't for everyone. I don't want to get married myself.

What Guys Said 31

• its 100% true and anyone who claims otherwise is a retard and objectively wrong.

Women are so vastly inferior to men that its becoming very obvious that they dont bring anything to the table other than sex, so we can get prostitutes for that. If you are lucky and find a rational non-entitled woman who is on the same level of looks as yourself, then the companionship i guess is worth something as well, but men pretty much always contribute more, and women pretend to be victims despite having less responsibility but more legal rights, simply because they are weaker and worse in every way (but instead of admitting that they prefer to blame it on oppression from the patriarchy, lol)

• Well it is true it's corroborated by both law statistics and anecdotal evidence from multiple sources in multiple countries so I don't really think it's in question. The real quetion is will the goverent and women admit to the problem or continue to pretend it doesn't exist?

• There is a lot of truth to it. Why every man doesn't have a pre-nup is beyond me. It should be required.

The other part of the equation is that women are so easy to have sex with men they are not married to, so why bother marrying them?

The real problem, though, is that marriage shouldn't be the government's business. The religious (or just a party) ceremony and the business partnership should be completely separate. The couple (or more) should be able to draw up whatever business agreement they wish, and if they don't have one, well, then they don't have one and there is nothing to enforce.

• I think the most important thing is that if you want to get married and you want to reduce the risks then ALWAYS have a prenuptial agreement and if that can't be done and both parties can't come to an agreement then FORGET about marriage altogether.

I think marriage that happened so quickly and fast are bound to fail, and the worst part is if the newlyweds hastily made babies because of the pressure from family, friends, relatives or co-workers, BEFORE waiting to see just how their marriage is actually going to play out within the first 5 years or so. Because if there were already problems in the beginning of the marriage that were unresolved and could not be resolved then when it's time to split and file for divorce the kids are the ones that pay the price for their parents failures and mistakes and thus they get the short end of the stick, and it will affect them in some form or way about how they feel about family, marriage and having children of their own some day. The kids could end up more unhappier and depressed about how and why they're born into such a dysfunctional family and why the fuck they are paying the price for their parents faults and unhappiness when their "parents" could waited and do their best to resolve any major problems and issues that they are having together and that if it really is decided that the marriage really won't work out or turned out the way they really had expected it to be then they really should have split before bringing them into this world and reality.

Not saying it always happens to kids of divorced parents, sometimes things turned out to be alright for the kids, but that's usually if the divorced parents were already really wealthy or some shit to begin with.

But I feel really bad for people that had to suffer and pay the price for the fact that their parents really should not have been parents BEFORE splitting and divorced. Paying the price for their parents mistakes and faults, as their kids never asked to be part of their problems in the the first place.

I still think it's the most important thing everyone should reconsider prior to having children is to analyze and see if their marriage is really going to play out and actually work out within the first 5 to 8 years or so, and if there are way too many problems that cannot and will not be resolved, then it is better to have a divorce where no one else had to suffer for it and both parties and start fresh without additional baggage when they split.

• Even with a prenuptial agreement, it can be thrown out the window, especially if it's signed under duress. The cost/analysis is what I did and I think it's not worth it.

• They can claim duress when for example you plan anything related to the wedding such as ordering the cake, the date of the wedding, the rings, etc. She can claim that there was a date or that the wedding day was being prepared and she felt nervous or a bit pressured.

• @Mysterio421

If that's the case they are suppose to say something and speak up honestly about it ahead of time. If they are already having second thoughts and doubts then, otherwise they would face it all confidently and be fully committed to go through the whole process without ANY second thoughts whatsoever.

But like I said, if an eventual divorce does happen and the marriage did not work out, as long as children aren't involved then both parties can still start over from scratch without additional unwanted baggage. Otherwise, sometimes both parties stay together just for their children and and that's also just as bad, since now they created their own unhappiness and a big mess altogether.

• A lot of men are avoiding marriage mainly because in the event of a divorce, the guy tends to lose everything. Divorce is very expensive and messy, also most marriages fail. It's a massive risk for us guys to marry.

I'll never marry. Also I'll never date.

• When you see what some men were forced to pay out, it makes you wonder... does the UK have any hit men at all?

• Guys are avoiding marriage because they are more in tune with statistics:

Risk of getting in a car accident: <1%
    Financial burden of such an event: $0-$5,000

Risk of losing your home to a fire: <1%
    Financial burden of such an event: $0 to whatever insurance does not cover.

Risk of getting struck by lightning: <1%
    Financial burden of such an event: $0-you'd possibly be dead.

Risk of being divorced: >50%!!!
    Financial burden of such an event:
    1. $15,000-30,000 (includes cost of divorce)
    2. Likely losing your kids.
    3. Likely having to pay alimony.

A lot of women nowadays say that guys are afraid of commitment, guys don't want to have kids, guys this and that yada yada. This is simply not the case... most guys are simply becoming smarter and want to stay safe.

I would love to marry my girlfriend and have kids with her, but I refuse to because I feel that a 50% chance I'll lose everything isn't worth it. Luckily she has been understanding so far.

Never ever have kids in early stages of a marriage and if things didn't work out splitting up early within the first 5 to 6 years or so and starting over is still safer and better than dragging offspring into the whole fucking mess.

• Was reading a post on a feminist site the other day with a title that read, “Does Misandry Exist?” I had to really laugh at the comments by feminists. One posted that she wasn’t comfortable with the word misandry because it implied that men suffered as much as women through institutionalized misogyny. Hilarious.

Feminists didn’t demand equality with men until men made it safe for them to have equality with men. Feminists were given their equality on a silver platter by men when they demanded it. They didn’t fight and die for their rights the way men did. Instead, they simply demanded their rights as a result of men’s deaths. That’s because feminists want equality without the expectation of responsibility. They want men to fight and die for female privilege.

Institutionalized misogyny? Men get far harsher sentences for the same crimes and that’s institutionalized misogyny? The vast majority of alimony, asset division and child support goes from men to women and that’s institutionalized misogyny? The male-only draft is institutionalized misogyny? That men suffer like 99% of war and workplace deaths is institutionalized misogyny? That the bulk of state and federal spending on health, education and welfare goes to women – even though men pay the majority of taxes – is institutionalized misogyny? That men are the majority of suicides is institutionalized misogyny? The list goes on and on and on. Isn’t this really institutionalized misandry? Aren't these all really examples of female privilege?

Feminists are feverishly working to remove men’s rights to presumption of innocence and due process in sexual assault/rape cases. They claim the conviction rates are too low and want to move from a ‘reasonable doubt’ standard to a ‘preponderance of evidence’ standard because it will be much easier for men to be convicted and imprisoned following false accusations regardless of contravening evidence in the accused man’s defense. If you followed the Ghomeshi trial in Canada, it was found that the women accusing Ghomeshi of rape colluded, hid evidence that would exonerate him and lied under oath. Feminists were furious when Ghomeshi was acquitted claiming that women should just be believed and that it’s common for women to lie following rape/sexual assault - and THAT THEIR LIES SHOULDN’T BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT!

The men walking away from marriage are in the know. The one's that aren't? Future road kill.

• "The Child Support Agency has 500 cases of paternity fraud a year, where a mother names a man as the biological father of her child, even when she has a good idea he isn’t. And that’s just the cases we know about. According to a YouGov study, 1.2 million men doubt they are the fathers of their partners’ children."

what the fuck? 500 cases of paternity fraud? thats fucking insane.

• Yeah, more or less.

• pretty much

• 100% true.
    My married friends envy my single life for just about the same reasons.

It's just too fucking bad for them then. Guess marriage may not have been the best idea for them if they're still envying you for still being single. Misery loves company. I bet those are all envious married dudes.

• the article is very true. but still im not afraid of marriage, shit happens all the time we just have to deal with it

• I'm still pending divorce , I got rid of my ex , as she was just a burden & complained constantly , she wants me back , I'm sticking to my guns here !! It is better to be permanently alone , than dealing with an unsuitable partner , this applies to both genders. Even when my 2 are grown up , I intend to stay single , no dating for me , besides I will be too set in my ways & used to being single.

• Seriously I try to portray myself as a normal guy and then this MGTOW piece of propaganda - It is like saying because I am a white male I support Donald Trump and nothing could be further from the truth - Crap like this article/book do me no favours.

• The article is very true. IF a man gets married his future is on the line if it goes wrong, he will have to pay alimony if their are kids, during divorces the man always loses more and the women wins, not to mention the crushing emotional state of being divorced all of a sudden and take to the cleaners and or losing your kids that you love. If I was married and it didn't work out I would probably kill myself instead of serving her for the rest of my life.

• I would say premature marriage is dangerous by that i mean, get married too soon after knowing someone

• It's an outdated practice of the past people do it now just for show put it this way you can't own someone even with an expensive ring and a bit of paper to say so. Look at the divorce rates people like the idea or feel pressured by society I couldn't think of anything worse better to have a stable relationship without the old fashioned nonsence of ownership over each other

• As a man, I say this article is a pile of crap. I want to marry, but I don't have the money yet. Plus, I want to marry a white women and most white women aren't into non-white men like myself.

• yeah that's blunt but accurate.

• That's why it's so important to marry a woman who's a perfect fit for you. But it's a very hard thing to do.

• no, marriage is useless.

• The poll results are fascinating.

To those ladies who voted "Pile Of Crap," what do you think the reason is why more guys are avoiding marriage?

• I see no benefits for a man when it comes to marriage. When divorce starts to favor men, then maybe... just maybe, men will start to get interested in marriage.

• or they don't wanna be stuck with one woman.

• Depends, I wanna be 100%careful who I tie the knot with, I'm only doing it once😊

• That's not why I'M avoiding marriage; I just don't like marriage as a procedure. Everything about it: the formal wear, the aisle, the vows – UGH!

• I am avoiding marriage unless a prenuptial agreement is signed. Because in the future i will inherit all my dads assets worth millions. I've heard of too many men who have lost ridiculous amounts of money from marriage. Its just not fair. I want to find a girl who works like me, and if we split up in the future we take whatever is our, thats FAIR.

• What's fair about marriage man? What's yours is "ours" and whats hers is "hers"

• Make sure you sign the prenup NOT under duress and don't cheap out on lawyers.

• Marriage is a contract.
    The letter of the law, and the application by the judiciary, are so deeply warped against men that the informed avoid signing.

That is that.

• Marriage? Fuck that, I'm not gonna lose half my stuff if it doesn't work out.

• More from Guys
    1