If you're engaged do you have to call them your fiancé?

i usually call him my boyfriend. It seems to me that fiancé is a vanity title.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should in my opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• I call my boyfriend my partner. Most people wonder why but I'd rather not get into it with them as to why he's my partner and not boyfriend.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• You don't have to… as long as he's ok with it

• yeah when you're engaged he's your fiance... not boyfriend anymore.. its like... more official

• To tradition? Yerp, to what you feel comfortable with? Nope

• If you're engaged, that's what he is. When you're married, he'll be your husband. Boyfriend is an inaccurate term. Would you call him your boyfriend instead of your husband when you're married? Is husband a "vanity title?"

• Husband has legal paper and a ceremony to finalize it. Fiancé doesn't. A man can just look at a woman and say lets get married and suddenly he's your fiancé lmao it's just dumb to me.

• It's like asking 'if you're married do you have to call them your spouse?'

You don't HAVE to do anything but that's what they are in reality.

• That seems different because when you're married that person is now officially your husband like there's a license and everything. But nothing happens when you get engaged besides wedding planning lol

• Boyfriend would be innacurate.. Would you call your husband your boyfriend? Anyways as long as he's okay with it

• Husband is different because there a legal change, papers, a ceremony. I could look at someone right now and ask them to marry me. They say yes and I'm their fiancé. It just doesn't mean anything. It's just a title for the time between dating and married 😂

• You could ask anyone out and they could be your boyfriend. But there's no papers around it so why call them your boyfriend? Doesn't mean anything right?

• but there's a profession with a boyfriend. When you're my boyfriend we go from just "hanging out" or "seeing each other" to being exclusive and building onto the foundation. There's no difference between boyfriend and fiancé to me personally. But of course you're allowed to feel differently.

• I mean that's what he is, but it's whatever you want I guess.

The only reason I called my fiance my boyfriend at the time is because I simply forgot in the begining.

• I forget a lot of the time but even when I remember it just sounds so stupid lol

• For me it sounded foreign as well. It kinda made me uncomfortable but so happy at the same time.
      A lot of the time he'd have to remind me.
      I think it's respectful to.

• True!

• I mean its not really how you feel about the title because the reality is, thats what you guys are. Fiancées.