Is it weird if you don't want my fiance to meet my family?

It's an interracial relationship. We love each other and get along great but are from two different worlds. His family is upper class while mine is low low middle class. I am kinda scared of introducing him to my family. I am scared he is going to think I am trash. I mean he knows my upbringing but still I am scared.

I managed to move away , go to college, get a great job And I am nothing like how I was raised. I have learned new things in life and changed. My family isn't close emotionally or physically so it really doesn't bother me. They are 5 hours away.

Is it weird I don't want him to meet them until the wedding? I just don't want drama. I am hoping everyone just eats, has fun, and then leaves. Lol

In the title, "you" = i

Most Helpful Guy

• That's normal anxiety over it. Talk to him about it and explain how you feel. He may put your mind at ease (otherwise he may think it's because of him, not your family). I think most people feel that way until it happens. If they're going to meet him anyway regardless I'd just get it over with. Then it's not going to bother you anymore (and especially on your wedding day when you have so much going on also - you don't need that on your mind as well). Chances are it will go much better then you fear.

Most Helpful Girl

• of course it makes totally sense to leave the first meeting to be happening at the wedding... NOT!
    you'll have enough going on on that day to be worrying about that too
    you are setting yourself up for many many unconfortable moments if you do that. Are you going to be hovering over them so they don't come into "contact" with all the fancy folk?

na man, why not introduce him now? he is marrying you, not your family. Or are you afraid he will leave you because your family is low class? I HOPE he is not that superficial, if so, overthink your relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, it is weird.

• It's weird if I don't, yes.
    I mean if you're not close to your family at all it's not a huge deal, as long as he's aware of that. If he's not he might be offended and think he's a secret bootycall who you for some reason agreed to marry haha. Either way even if he doesn't like your family I don't see why he'd leave you or anything remotely close to it, unless they're that bad? You get in the middle.

• Yet it shows you are ashamed of him.

• Just let them know upfront who you are dating. You might be surprised they might like him.

What Girls Said 4

• You shouldn't feel ashamed about where you came from, your upbringing helped to make you the person you are today. If this man judges you based on your family then you should not be marrying him, I'd say let him meet them - it will be a great test of character.

• You're about to marry him and spend the rest of your life together with him. I think you owe your family and your fiance this meeting.
    If my partner came from a 'low class' and reached a lot in life anyways, I'd only respect them more. If mommy and daddy can pay, anyone can go to college. If you're on your own, with nobody smart enough to help with your homework or rich enough to pay for your college, it's more respectable instead of less imo!

• yea its not fair... and weird... if you love a person and the person feels the same for you... you guys shouldn't be afraid of anything

• He has to meet your family if you plan to marry him. Regardless of how theyre like, he should accept them for who they are.