What does marriage mean to you?

What does it mean for you? Love, sex, commitment, family? Perhaps something else?
For me it means settling down and having a family

Most Helpful Girl

• Settling down, continuing to work, long term commitment, loyalty, im undecided on kids but generally just togetherness

Most Helpful Guy

• Most cases I see it mainly as a commitment and family. If that is something someone would absolutely want and felt that it would absolutely bring them meaning and fulfillment or even a sense of accomplishment or achievement then that is what they will pursue as they will follow their heart.

For me however, I never want any kids of my own though so it's not the tradition I'd follow. I can't agree due to psychological reasons and in how I view the world and this reality altogether as well as myself, it's my outlook. Been single for long enough, don't be fooled by what age is displayed in my profile, as I'm much older than 18.

Love isn't exactly what I originally thought and expected it to be. And sex is really meant for bringing in future family members, and again because I don't want any it's not something I really care about.

What Girls Said 1

• It means that and also mean commitment that are not meant to be broken.

What Guys Said 3

• Marriage is a continuous process of enslavement, without a promise of loyalty, sex from a wife. Why bother it?

• It means lots and lots of paperwork.

• A legal bit of paper that says she can take my stuff if anything goes wrong.

It's also a marriage in front of God but I don't need the legal part for that.