Is this dress ok for a wedding?

I know you shouldn't wear white, black or anything that draws too much attention. But I also read that anything nude or cream is also out of the question.

I have this gorgeous nude dress and now im worried its too weddingy and that the bride an guests will think I'm inconsiderate.Is this dress ok for a wedding?

I hope i'm over thinking this.

Maybe if I wear a belt or jacket with the dress could that make it look less weddings?
I am honestly so confused now haha I Think I will just ask the bride herself.
I spoke to the bride and the bridesmaids will be wearing a 'mink grey' its like a grey-pink colour. The bride also said she thinks it will be ahrd for me to clash. But I think my dress will look too weddingy

Most Helpful Girl

• You look amazing so dont do it haha ;) if i were the bride id be a bit sad

What Guys Said 2

• Looks fine.

• If it's the wedding ceremony, that's probably a bit too revealing. Especially if it's in a church or religious place.

If it's the dinner reception, that should be fine, although I think black or a brighter color (blue/red) would look nicer.

• Hi its not a religious thing, but I see what you mean and that is something to consider which I didn't

What Girls Said 10

• you can wear black. the color is not the problem here. I think that is a bit much to wear for a wedding unless you are party of the wedding party. You don't wanna be showing up the bride or the party. You actually look like a bride or part of the bride's party in that.

• Hi
      Thanks for answering. I'm not a part of the wedding party or brides just a guest.
      I don't think I could show up the bride, the bride is always the most beautiful person on the day.
      I'm terrible at these things I never know what to wear, last wedding I was told my dress was too sexy and eye catching so I wanted something to cover me up

• just be a bit more conservative i guess. Its important to know how to dress for the occasion, especially a wedding, but if you are just out on the town, wear whatever you feel comfortable in, i guess.

• Ok thanks for explaining that, I have a dark maroon dress that I will wear instead. Thank you

• its pretty... yes go for it

• I have went to weddings wearing black and red dresses, the color is not a big deal and you are really pretty with that one

• As long as it isn't the same colour as the bridal party and it's a dress up wedding (many people opt for a less formal wedding now) then I think it looks fine. I don't personally like the dress but it looks fine.

• Is it a formal wedding? If so, I think the dress is okay. If it's more casual, then that dress would be out of place.

• I think it looks a little too fancy, kind of like a prom dress or a bridesmade dress... if you're just a normal guest then maybe something like this?

www.oasis-stores.com/.../059142.html

www.oasis-stores.com/.../059452.html

It's a nice dress though, just the wrong occasion :)

• Thanks for those suggestions, I love the blue dress. Maybe I will wear my nude dress for graduation

• Yes, I love him! :D Mechanical animals is my favourite album! <3 are you a fan?

• Yeah! since I was like 12, seen them in concert when I was younger and MA is one of my fave albums. Nice to meet a fellow fan : )

• It's a pretty dress, but I guess it depends on the dress code for the wedding. If it's black tie and at night, this would be ok. If it's in the day or evening, it might be a bit too much.

• Good point, I will find out.
      Thank you for pointing that out

• No problem! The venue should also be taken in to consideration. Usually at weddings, I wear a shorter dress, still nice but not too fancy. But the ones I've been to have been in the day or evening.

• What is the dress code for the wedding? Formal? Black tie? White tie?

• Personally I wouldn't...

• I think it'll be fine, plus it looks well on you