Do you approve of gay marriage?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm curious about what people currently think.

• yes
  • mixed feelings
  • no
  • other/results

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be opposed to it based upon that is what the bible says (no sexual immorality... New Testament) and what is so often singled out in church.

But I got to know more about human psychology and talked to some lesbian people (no gays yet). I view them like anyone else, all wounded human beings trying to figure themselves out... learn how to love, be loved and live. Christians in church, married, etc... are all screwed up to some degree. I'm a Christian, I've seen a lot of it... all the way to the top.

And to me, it is wrong to block or prevent someone from fully expressing love towards someone else, or learning and growing in their emotion and heart... even if in my vantage point it is twisted somewhere. The Lesbians I know were both heavily traumatized people who found safety in one another and are happy together... but also very hurt people. They just found safety. Not having marriage, means they don't get that "unity" and "security" of the word that says someone is committed to them.

Legally, I'm not sure if there is advantages to creating some new classification for them, I've heard this argument to make some new word. But to me, marriage is commitment to love another human being, so that suffices. It is also a legal term that fits in the system to help with dis-integration issues.

Constitutionally, I think it is right to allow them to get married... freedom.

Lastly, Its their life, not mine. They don't offend me anymore than anyone else does.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no problem with it. But I dont think churches should be forced to marry gay couples if it is against their beliefs.

What Guys Said 41

• Fuck yea... i don't see the point of holding it back. Its like disapproving regular marriage.
    Sure its not a religious thing, but where is the judge? if two people wanna get married and happened to be the same sex... fuck it... let em.
    people are so worried about the two genders, they forget about the pot... the fuckers are still getting married... and marriage sucks lol.

• Honestly no, it's not ever something I can support and I never will.

• Do you feel this way because of your religion or upbringing? Or because of something else?

• It's a mix of things, both religious and just my own personal opinion, as well as upbrining.

Before any of that though I just didn't agree with it nor do I see it as natural, mix in my religious views and I can not support and never will, respectfully of course and then my traditional upbringing that falls very much in line with my own view of things.

• Everyone should be allowed to marry.

• what is there to approve of? these people just want to be married. like marriage is just paperwork and an idea in your mind. what do i need to approve of? these people dont need my approval, its none of my business anyway.

• if gay people want to be as miserable as straight people by getting married, who are we do deny them such a right?

• I do,
    They love each-other and I'm not going to take away their right to marry from them.
    I believe that love is the greatest gift given to humanity from above

• Of course.

• If people want to get married, whatever.
    But I'm not entirely sold on this whole push to normalize homosexuality and I believe it is detrimental.

• Everyone deserves to be happy and miserable ! So YES

• They should be allowed to marry because everyone should do what he wanna do as long as he isn't hurting people
    But I don't agree on homosexualtiy as a thing

• The poll is horrifying

• Why do you think that?

• ah ok, I wasn't sure if you were saying you were upset based on the fact that many people approve of gay marriage or that some people don't approve.

• Yup I understand

• I approve of them and it's politically correct to approve of them these days. You will get bashed for being against it.

• Yeah sure whatever, marriage is a scam anyways

• No...

• Why do you feel that way? Is it because of religious reasons?

• @jacquesvol I am not saying homosexual marriage will bring homosexual children mister. I say human DNA's will be distrupted cause of gays love of having kids. Maybe next generations will be so different? Who knows, anything is possible with technology.

• @Jan1ssary
      Your supposition.

• yes. it's legal in my country

• Yeah, marry who you wanna marry.

• Sure. No problem. I've never really cared one way or the other if I'm honest.

• I'm not sure they need my approval, but personally I don't care.

• No I don't.

• I dont care until and unless its affecting me

• I do.

• Its fine

• Yes, I do.

• i don't care for it if it doesn't affect me

• approve but it depends

• Yeah

• The freedom to marry should be allowed to all people.
    I still think marriage is a sham though and would rather see people not go into marriage regardless of sexuality.

• as a person : they have all the right to do it

but if i were someone in charge : I wouldn`t let it go

• yes religious reasons Asker. the creator did not create us man and man, he created (Adam) man and (Eve) woman. its also biologically sound. mainly just sinful way of spreading Sodom and Gomorrah across the globe as we draw closer to the end.

• Why not incest and beastiality

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 32

• Meh, there's a real chance that I'll end up married to a woman so yeah, obviously :P But I guess even if I was straight, I'd support it.

• Your boyfriend is a woman? :o

@Toad-1 Nah, dude's a dude :P But I'm bi and we're still young and, I hope not, but realistically there's every chance that we might not end up working out and getting married so potentially, I might end up marrying a girl.

• I approve gay marriage as much as I approve 'normal' marriage.

People should be free to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others. You can disagree with me.. but you'd be wrong.

• of course. people who are against it are so fucking weird. How is it any of your fucking business whatsoever? How are 2 people that are in love and want to celebrate it affecting your life in any way? You people have too much time on your hands... Find something else to bitch about that may actually affect your lives, maybe? *rolls eyes*

• Yes! Me being not straight might have something to do with it - but, either way, I think everyone of legal age should be able to get married. :)

• Yes I do, there's no reason to not.

• Its even regulated by law in Belgium. So its simple to do.

• Yes... They deserve to be as miserable as heterosexual people in marriage too.

I'm a bit jaded as I was once married and am pretty sure it won't happen ever again, no thanks!

• That bad hugh? I've seen terrible marriages end and they find really good ones 2nd time... wouldn't say never. But have to know ehat u need and what can accept.

• I agree, single is great. I've seen married great as well... and better if good combination.

• @lightbulb27 you're absolutely right

• No I do not.

• Everybody should have the right to get married. I think a lot of gay people would respect the consequence of their lifestyle that they could not religiously get married at a church, though.

• I don't really care... But I do wish gay people would stick to their gay people and not reproduce, because it can be genetic.

• ... are u a troll?

• @Toad-1 Chances are significantly higher for a gay person to reproduce another gay person, than they are for a straight person producing a gay person.

• @LadyTerror not was, IS!!! And Because he's my friend? You don't ow if your friends are gay? And with him everybody knows. He doesn't hide it.. He's just looking for someone attractive that is willing to have a baby with him.

• You have to be quite a piece of shit to disapprove of gay marriage. Of course I do, I see gay marriage the same way as regular marriage.

• I do. But I get iffy when I think of them adopting.

• With honesty no
    Bcs of my religion

• No I don't, sorry.

• Who am I to judge what other people do behind closed doors? Everyone deserves to be happy, so yes I'm for gay marriage.

• I'm all for same sex marriage, I see nothing wrong with it.

Its honestly nobodies business. People that go out of their way to hate something that has absolutely nothing to do with their life, are sad. Opinions are opinions, though. So poo

• It doesn't affect me and it makes two people who love each other offical. Im all for it

• Yes i want to marriage my girlfriend 😊

• I'm not in the position to approve of anything. It's their business.

• Yes. I don't see gay people asking if they approve of straight marriage, as if marriage between adults is up to anyone's approval lol

• Yeah sure! Everyone should be able to marry the one they love.

• Yes I do approve. Don't see anything wrong with it. Love is love after all

• Live And Let Live.

• I see no good reason to be against it

• Yes, I approve it.

• i am indifferent... its their lives

• What do I fucking care who people marry. Marry a lamp for all I care. I could not even imagine giving a shit.

• Yeah. I don't see why not

• Why does it fucking matter if you approve of somebody else's love? Live your life the way you want to. All humans have a right to love who they hell they want to and marry who the hell they want to. Don't marry kids though that's just sick.

• In my opinion people should marry whoever they want. I don't see how it affects me or other people. But my religion doesn't support gay marriage, so I have no choice but to disapprove gay marriage.
    Like I said, it doesn't affect me in anyone/it's not my business, therefore I'm not going to stop gay people from getting married or belittle them because of that.

• More from Girls
    2