Should non-virgin females be allowed to wear a WHITE wedding dress?

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Girl

• No, those harlots should be stoned to their death by village matriarchs and left for the jackals.

Uhhh this answer was completely tongue in cheek - referring to the antiquation of that particular custom in general.

I don't think you really should've given me this.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 25

• White wedding dresses weren't popular until 150 ago or so. And it has nothing to do with virginity. It was just choice that onde queen made and everyone copied her. And then in come media declaring white to be the color of a pure soul. Before then dresses were often red or colorful. In fact Mary Queen of Scots was criticised for wearing a white dress, because back then it was a color associated with mourning.
    So yes of course anyone should be allowed to wear white, or any other color for that matter

• Yes, but they should wear a bright red "A" on their breast. -_-

Seriously, what kind of question is this?

• I think any woman can wear any color wedding dress she wants.

• Considering many of them will end up spending thousands of dollars on it for one night, I think they kind of earn the right to wear whatever colour dress they damn well feel.

• Well, I believe two things...

1. You can wear whoever you want, wherever you want... As long as it seems appropriate for the even or situation.. Etc. etc.,,

2. If you claim to be part of a religion, (any religion) respect it! ..
    *Example: if your religion says that you can't get married in white in a church if you are not a virgin, then respect that. Of you don't like the rules, then don't be part of that religion.

I mean you can wear whatever* you want... 😁!! Not whoever 😂😁!!

• It's the usual color for wedding dresses. I don't see why not.

• Offer to pay for my wedding and then I might consider actually valuing your opinion.

• Lmao the butthurt virgin downvotes "No we wanna be special snowflakes!" 😂😂😂

31.media.tumblr.com/.../...3fhaeL1I1r0vqjb_500.gif

• Who's going to stop them? I think half the users on here are logging on from the Levant

• Should men stop deciding what a woman can and can't wear. Yes. Can a woman wear whatever she damn well wants on her wedding day? Yes. Is white being for virgins a bullshit tradition? Yes.

• duh.

• Gosh darn it, I meant to press the Yes, not the no.

• here comes another butthurt religious anonymous

• I voted no only because i think overall i'll do more good then harm.

• Yeah, I don't see why the color of the wedding dress matters as long as she likes it.

• They should be allowed to wear whatever they want to their wedding since it's THEIR wedding.

• European, christian custom. I'm not going to wear a poofy dress, I'd prefer something tasteful.

Hey dislikers, whats up? You think western weddings are practiced worldwide?

• Is this a thing for either gender?

• I vote no by a mistake. Shame on me. She can wear any color she wants to wear

• Allowed? What does that even mean? Who would stop them? Are you saying their should be hymen checks for wedding dresses? Are we going to send anyone who works at a dress store to medical school so they can do checks on the spot?-lol.

• Considering most people outside of certain cultural groups give a fuck about that or even know some people have this as a "thing" then yes. There is a world outside conservative, Western, Christians who took a fashion idea from a royal person and decided to bring it into their culture.
    That's like loads of ladies loving Kate Middletons choice of shoe, and saying only people with two kids like her can wear that shoe.

• I don't care whether or not I'm a virgin or not I will wear what I want to wear whether anyone likes it or not if I'm going to spend $500 on a dress its going to be what I WANT and I don't care that its white and so happens I'm not a virgin. Who the hell cares it is 2016.

• From the bottom of my heart:
    Fuck you

• What kind of bullfuckery is this lol

• I meant to hit yes but my thumb slipped and I pressed no. People can wear what they want to their wedding.

What Guys Said 18

• This is a ridiculous question. Who's this Authority that would give permission or not to wear white to weddings depending upon virginality? Suppose a non-virgin is that the altar getting married and wearing white. Are the cops going to bust in guns blazing to arrest her?

Questions like you're absolutely ridiculous because it illustrates that people aren't thinking especially about the First Amendment.

• Females should be able to wear whatever the fuck they want. Same with men. Who cares. Most commercial things related to marriage are only ways for companies to gouge you for cash anyway. Look up the truth about engagement rings.

• Chuckle, what color would you recommend for those bad girls?

• Yeah, they can wear whatever color they want.

• Didn't realize anyone actually paid attention to the "virgins wear white thing"

• Well the white symbolically represents purity. I won't be getting married anytime soon, espeoclslly with the divorce rates. I sure as hell wouldn't want to marry a slut. But whatever color they choose is their problem.

• I don't think it really matters, I don't think it matters who she has had sex with before.

• Yeah sure why not

• Yes, unless your religion (like Christianity) tells you not to, because then you're a hypocrite.

• Your question is too stupid for me to answer.

• Of course.
    FYI: the 19th century is OVER.

• Anyone bother to tell me is IT a religious thing in the West or op came up with it himself?

It's a tradition to wear white in the west, yes. Nothing to do with religion really. Some people believe white symbolises purity and innocence, but it's not part of the religion and it's really not common

@nalaa OK thank ya

• i don't get the question and it's implications and rationale are bullshit.

• non-virgin girls shouldn't even be allowed to get married

• All these salty non-virgin women... hahahaha

The whole point of the "white" dress is to symbolize the purity of the bride. If you aren't a virgin, you're not pure on your wedding day. Sorry, but not sorry.

• id say so yes

• yes it's just a color

• Dafuq? Anyone can wear whatever they want... -_-
    Weddings shouldn't even be legal in my opinion.