Can I get married without paperwork?

I've realized many have been really fucked over by the system in the means of the American legal system in the means of marriage. Whether I'd be because of child support or alimony. I was wondering if I could get "married" without signing paperwork and if I could simply celebrate unity without the government involved. I was wondering what the legal implications were if I didn't sign paperwork. Could I go to jail? What would happen?

I'm thinking of saying fuck this government shit. Marriage is suppose to be a covenant between you and your wife. Not you and the government. But I don't wanna be in prison. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• sure you can get married without paperwork. it just won't be recognized by the government (therefore you would not be technically married in their eyes). you wouldn't go to jail for being with someone and calling it a marriage

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, I think it's possible to get married without paperwork.

• Not in the US. You would not receive any of the benefits.
    And if you don't like the marriage system why get married anyway? Just live with your partner.

• you can't get married.