When we get married what will he expect me to move cities for HIM?

So my boyfriend recently asked me to marry him I said yes I'll marry him when its convenient. I just want to know because my boyfriends muslim and i'm Christian how can we marry? Because I know muslim men can marry people as long as they are people of the book. And what religion will the children be? Also when we get married what will he expect me to move cities for him? (as we live in two different cities as i'm at university and I don't finish until 2019)

Most Helpful Guy

• This are things you should talk about with him and not us. Especially what expectatioons and view he has on marriage should be insanely important for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are you asking US this? These are REALLY important questions you need to be asking HIM. If he's Muslim how would you feel if he actually wanted you and his family to move out of the country and into his? Would you feel comfortable? What if you for some reason can't get out of the country, especially since you're female and won't have much freedom there?

The religion of your children is DEFINITELY something you need to discuss with him. I'm sure you'd want them to be Christian, right? What if he wants them Muslim?

BEFORE you marry him, make sure you understand each other.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe

• The children will be muslim and you will be treated as a dog

• I am muslim, you need to talk to his family, your family, the Islamic religious leader to know what your rights over him are. For example he is obligated to pay for everything and whatever money you make is yours to spend how ever you like. The other thing is you need to make sure you moving for him will not be a thing you regret. Just please fully understand all the rules about marriage and the rights of a wife before you get married so he does not take advantage of your ignorance. As a muslim man he has to furfill many duties. Love is beautiful but a lot of marriages end in divorce these days so understand all the rules first.