Is it okay for female guest to wear a black dress to a wedding?

• Yes, black is always sliming and it doesn't draw attention away from the bride!
    26% (5)25% (3)26% (8)Vote
  • No, black gives a gloomy feel of like a funeral insead of a happy day like a wedding.
    16% (3)67% (8)35% (11)Vote
  • Who cares? It's just a color.
    58% (11)8% (1)39% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
6|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think these days it would be appropriate. However, it was not that long ago that the colour for wedding dresses was black. At least, in the UK.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. My closes friend's old boss came to her wedding wearing black. It's not a big deal unless the bride makes it a big deal.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• No, I think that would be inappropriate and if I am not wrong I think it's also considered inauspicious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay if it's a themed wedding , probably not if it's a traditional white gown one.

0|1
    0|0
  • i´d feel personally offended, if someone wore straight up all black.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's in bad taste.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, black gives a gloomy feel of like a funeral insead of a happy day like a wedding.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Hmm, it's a little in bad taste. Perhaps if there was a splash of some other colour there, it'd be okay, but just straight black might be a little improper.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah it's totally fine :)

0|0
    0|0
  • yes of course. only color you shouldn't wear is white

1|0
    0|0
  • I recently went to a very high end wedding and I saw four different women wearing primarilly black dresses. They were like sun dresses tho, and were light. I think it's fine! Just remember not to wear white:)

1|0
    0|0
  • I only heard that only the bride can wear white. This one is new to me.

0|0
    0|0