WORTHY To MARRY?

So my boyfriend recently asked me to marry him twice 4 months apart the first time I didn't reply I just asked him if he knew me well enough which he said no to and the second time I thought I was about to lose him as hhe moved cities I said yes I would. But I was thinking he doesn't do all the things a 'husband' should do for his wife like taking care of you when your sick or even visiting you while your sick, he wants to meet my parents but I don't know where I stand with him because he's not proving himself worthy for husband material. Opinions please?

What Guys Said 2

• Marriage is a HUGE commitment. If you feel that he isn't doing enough, you need to sit down and have a talk with him. It was foolish of you to say 'yes' when you are still filled with doubts.

• Do you do everything a good wife should

What Girls Said 1

• It is up to you. Marriage is a big step. And can you clarify why do not think he is husband material? Where is your stand on marriage overall? What do you think a marriage is? Can you envision yourself and is willing to submit yourself as a wife to someone like him?

Because I was in hospital earlier this year and he didn't come to visit me at all, I've always thought marriage s when two people love each other and want to spend there lives together and so they make that commitment. I would submit myself as a wife to him but the only problem is we're living in two different cities, i'm studying in one city he's studying in another and he wants to get married in the next year.

@Marketinglover Okay. But its just that one time. You two live in different cities. Possibly a few miles away. That shouldn't be a reason to disqualify him as a marriage candidate. What else do you not like? You have a good idea of what marriage is, but marriage is far more than people loving each other or wanting to build a future. It takes a lot of work and not everybody is cut out for marriage. So what is really wrong other than that incident?