• Ask
  • myTake

Do you hope to get married?

Is getting married something you want to do? It seems like more and more people are staying out of getting married. So, do you want to get married?

This question has a poll!

• Vote A Yes
  • Vote B No, never
  • Vote C I've been married and I never want to get married again
  • Vote D I've been married and I want to marry again
  • Vote E Undecided
Girls! Vote! The guys are outnumbering you! ;)
There are so many good answers that I can't decide on the best one!
Up to 40 votes. Very good!

Most Helpful Opinion

• yes- been a dream of mine for a hot minute. To have someone to come home to- don't get me wrong, being single is great... but having that lady there with you, the whole shebang-a-bang, is something I want.

• No offense, but this sounds more like you want a permanent Fkbuddy.

• That is so stupid, kitty, that I won't even dignify it with a response....

What Guys Said 22

• I'm married and I'm very happy with it. I'd do it again! So many years and still in love.My option wasn't there thus I picked the D option, which is nearest.

• That is just fabulous...unfortunately very few people can say the same.

• It just takes goodwill from both partners: pick that partner with good will and do not abuse her/his good will .

• i think most young people hope to get married at some point , they see it as something they will eventually do although its meaning has changed over the years . they sort of see it as a coming of age thing and also girls love to have weddings or just go to weddings

• It's still something I have in my sights.

• I have actualy found quite the oppisite around here. A lot of people seem to rush into marage. I would like to eventualy but it would have to be with the right women and not just for the sake of getting married.

• Me? No, never.After all, what's the reason of getting married? Can't you just live together and that's all?

• Tax breaks.

• Yeah you do get a tax break..haha

• I think everyone wants to get married. Maybe a little too much, which is part of the reason the divorce rate is so high. People jump into getting married too quickly and find after a year that this really isn't the person they wanted to spend the rest of their life with.

• You forgot a choice how bout people who are happily married? I guess you can only have 5..Anyway I definitely want to get married when the time is right...I don't want to become the person who marries 3 times.

• This isn't about people who are already married

• Show Older
    • My bad

• Its cool

• nah...the circumstances would have to be to perfect and I'm not that lucky :)I take what life gives rather than chase a dream

• If you don't have dreams then what do you have to live for?

• I just live I guess.

• I do someday but not anytime soon

• I don't really like the idea of marriage right now, but I'd like to meet a girl some day who would make me want to get married.

• I don't believe in marriage, if it doesn't work one side gets out of it better then they came in, the other person comes out worse.I believe in living together, raising kids together and growing old together but not marriage.

• Isn't living together, raising kids together and growing old together marriage.I'm not sure I quite understood you.

• Show Older
    • My husband and I knew we wanted to be together as life partners for quite a while before we got married. We made the decision to sign the papers and make the bond legal so that we would reap the financial benefits of marriage.As far as sin goes - anything that takes you farther from God is sin. Living together outside of marriage is not inherently evil - allowing this to take away from your relationship with God (if you have one) would be "living in sin." But best not to judge for God though.

• As far as discussing a prenup with your future wife. If she is unwilling to sign it or discuss it, she is just as guilty of doubting that the marriage will work. A prenup will have no use in a marriage that never dissolves, now will it? Prenups don't prevent or cause divorce - they just make the clean up when things go wrong that much easier. No relationship is immune to problems that lead to divorce - keeping in mind that you are susceptible is good, but allowing it to prevent a bond isn't good

• Yes, I can't wait to get married! Of course it'll be a while seeing as I'm not in a relationship right now, but it's something I want to work toward and is definitely the direction I'd be going in any relationship I do start.

• I want to be married because that bond between you and your partner is just so close :]

• Yes, I would like to. It would be one of the biggest achievements in my life. But I also would like to do other things, like join the military and live on a rural 40 acres. It may or may not happen, depending on what interest I choose to pursue, but either way, I'll think I'll be alright. And if I don't, I'm $100 richer. ;)

• It would be nice but you don't have to get married to spent your rest of your life with that special someone. If you plan on having a family a marriage just makes it official. Most people who get married usually have a family you know kids, house, dog, etc.

• Ya that's what I'm asking

• Im more interested in meeting the right girl, true love is more on my mind, marriage would follow that

• No, and here's why: link

• I don't "hope" to get married. There's no hope for that. I wouldn't mind being married though.

• Oh Eddy...

• yes I would dread not having a wife and not having kids of my own

• if I had a stable relationship and was in my current situation now that I have a job and some income I would get married in a heart beat but only if it will last.

• Yes, I believe in getting married because I still believe in love; a form of connection that exceeds the boundaries of physical, mental, and spiritual understanding. I just think a lot of people get married without truly understanding themselves and their partners, and that's why we get this vibe that marriage sucks.I hope I realize who is the one for me when the time is right, and that's all I could ask for in life.

What Girls Said 18

• What about the option of "I am married"? I'm not but I think that should be an option. =)

• Like I told Confused614, that's not the point of this question...

• im only 20 so I'm still undecided.

• I fail to see how being undecided about marriage is a bad thing... :S

• Are you undecided like if the situation arose, you still wouldn't know. Or undecided just because you haven't found someone you love yet?

• Both, I'm not sure I could get married, I have a lot of things that happen day to day in my life that I'm not at all comfortable to have anyone else involved in and if I was married they would most certainly be involved in said things.

• I would like to, yes

• yes. I don't want to miss out on that life experience. I really hope that I will meet a really great guy one day and have lots of little mini mees.

• My answer is no. Mostly because of the fact that I'm a free-spirit and I just could not handle that big of a commitment. I know how I am and my mind wanders from one place to another, I'm not saying that I would cheat because I really don't believe in that sh*t but I really don't want to hurt my significant other if the question does pop up.

• I'm not too keen on marriage. Sure, I'd do it if I was deeply, madly in love with a guy I'd been with for a long time AND he really wanted it. But I don't think it's a necessity to achieve happiness or a quality relationship. Plus, I never want children so that defeats one of the primary reasons people do it in the first place.

• I have been married before, and have a desire to marry again. I do believe that marriage is ordained by God, and that Love plays a big part in it. I do think that we get marriage mixed up w/living together. People tend to live together before getting married just find out if they really want to be with that person or not for the rest of their lives. I truly believe the signs are evident to both man and woman whether you want to be with them or not.

• I hope to get married one day, honestly who wants to spend the rest of their life alone? I believe it will be an amazing experience that everybody should get an opportunity at!

• I want to get married actually one of my biggest fears is not getting married! It is just something I want to do in the future. Also in my family my parents aren't divorced and neither sets of grandparents are and my Aunts and Uncles are all happily married so I guess I have a lot of positive models of marriage and that is why I want to get married someday.

• I would like to get married, but honestly that would only be if I was wanting to have kids. A piece of paper shouldn't change the status of if a couple loves each other or not. Just because someone isn't married doesn't mean they don't love each other and they don't want to spend their life with them. It's important to get married for me only because I wouldn't want my kids wondering why I wasn't married to their father and also because I think if you do have kids with someone, you should be with them and no one else. Saying that, marriage would also bring a farther more commitment to some people than other so there would be no cheating, no flirting, or no lying. It means to me just like if you're in a long term relationship that you love them and you want to spend your life with them. Marriage just means reproducing more to my sense of the term.

• I put I've been married and I never want to get married again, but that is because in order to get married again I would have to divorce my husband. I am very happily married right now :]

• Yes, haha. I have soo much love to offer and I don't want it all to go to waste ^_^ I can't wait to get married.

• I agree 100000% =)

• Haha thank you :)

• Umm...not really. I mean, if it comes to it sure why not. But I'm not going to wither away if it never happens.

• I hope I never ever get married...but I'm young, So that could be argued :P

• Why

• I don't like the way marriage is supposed to be 'traditional' and all that...Is marriage actually even needed? Isn't love enough?

• I think when you are older and actually in a situation where you could get married your opinion might change.

• I'm very traditional like that, but I really do believe in marriage. I just love everything about it.

• i am wiccan but still want to get married but also do a handfasting.

• I just want to know are you saying down arrow to my religon? or what is it ?

• I don't hope to get married.For one, most people tend to want kids if they marry, and I don't like children. I'm young and most people look at younger people saying "I don't want kids" as rather funny, and say they'll change their mind, but I honestly don't want them. My aunt has gotten this far unmarried and without kids, so can I. I also plan on working until death rather than retiring, I plan on traveling, and marriage seems like something that would tie you down. Besides, if I'm in a relationship and things aren't going well or one of us wants to move on, I don't want to have to go through marriage counseling and then divorce. If the love's gone, the relationship can end without too much fuss being made.

• I voted no, never. Marriage is pointless, they would still go out and cheat and sh*t.

• I'm sorry you feel that way