How can I make my husband feel better when he's sad?

My husband has been feeling sad the last few days. He cried last night for the first time I didn't know what to do so I just hugged him and talk to him a little. It's first time I seen him cry he hardly ever gets sad or cried. I think I know why he's sad he's probably too upset or scared to talk about it. How can I help him feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• Support and love is all you can do, really. Try to make him comfortable. Let him know you're there for him. I guess it's all you can do if you dont know for sure what is going on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh no, why is he sad?
    If he's not ready to talk, just let him know that you are there for him when he's ready to talk. Be there for him in other ways, like hugging him, talking, listening, basically just being there helps. You could ask him if there is anything you could do for him.
    Maybe take his mind of it by distracting him, like talking about something else, watching a movie or simply doing something else. I find people open up more whilst doing other things, because then the conversation isn't the main focus.
    He could talk to someone else, a friend, family member or therapist.

What Guys Said 4

• Why is he sad?

• Never force him to talk
    Let him feel your hug is always open and his safehouse

• Blowjob.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• How is it literally all your questions follow the same pattern?

*Things happen* "how can I make him feel better?"

Sounds preeeeeetty familiar.

• Sounds like he's depressed? Just be there for him the best you can, support him and let him open himself up if he wants to. Suggest he speaks to a doctor if it persists. Sometimes you can't do anything to fix it but I know that being there for him will be appreciated. I have depression so I know it's hard to be open when you're feeling sad.