Opinions.. please?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now, living together for about five or six months. We have a house and are renting it and are signing another lease coming soon. We have talked about our future, and he says he sees me in his. When we found out we were signing another lease, he said "now we gotta get married" with a serious face and then he grabbed my hand and smiled. He's also been calling my parents the in laws and we were talking about our next big spend being between a dog or getting wifi in our house and he said quielty "or you some new jewelry" and when I said "huh" he said "nothing" and smiled. Yesterday he said he has to go to his mom's today and I asked if I could go too, he said no because he has to go get something and it's a surprise. Later on he said he was just going to go get some necklaces and bracelets (his mom makes them) for me, but he hates ruining surprises so I don't think that's what he's actually doing. One of my rings that I wear on my right hand ring finger has disappeared.
Do you think he's getting close to proposing?

3mo He ended up not going to his mom's yesterday because of a bad day at work and he just wanted to relax, but he is going today while I'm at work. I brought up a topic last night about his sister and her husband on how long they waited to get engaged and then I asked him how long he would like to wait and he smiled at me and got close to my face like he was going to kiss me and said "you're not supposed to ask that" playful like while he was smiling.

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like it to me

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds likely

What Guys Said 1

• Lol it sounds like someone is very excited at the prospect of not having to die alone!

What Girls Said 2

• He is dropping hints for sure... I would expect him to propose soon. Congrats :-)

• I think he is testing the water to see what your feelings are about taking the next step.