Should a man be allowed to divorce his wife if she becomes too fat?

• Of course.
  • Hell yes.
  • Indubitably.

Most Helpful Girl

• Both should be able to. I think at first the husband should talk to his wife and maybe try to encourage her to get back in shape, but if she isn't listening or just doesn't care about her wellbeing/how she looks for her husband, then he has the right to leave.

Most Helpful Guy

• That should already be stated in the prenuptial agreement

What Girls Said 17

• Hmm... so much for those wedding vows huh. What if she gets breast cancer and he's a boob guy... should it be ok then too - if she has a double mastectomy?

Should she be allowed to divorce him if he becomes a diabetic and now has Erectile Disfunction due to diabeties? Or perhaps he's in a horrible car accident and in a wheelchair... should she be allowed to divorce him if she has to be burdened with his wheelchair and all that comes along with it?

I'm curious if your question is because your wife is overweight.

• You're a pig.

• A man is always able to divorce. However, if you're looking for if it would be acceptable if someone divorced his wife for that, I would say no. Someone chose to marry because they want to stay together through good and bad times. If weight is such an issue, he should have known that most women tend to put on some weight during their life.

• If she let herself go, sure If there's an underlying issue I think you should comfort her and try to address that. But hey if either party doesn't consider their health and you aren't attracted to them and they won't make a change for their own sake, I don't see why you should stay

• Sure as long as she is allowed to divorce her husband if he becomes too fat

• Of course but the same goes if he has erectile dysfunction same grounds she can divorce him.

• Since when was that illegal, op?

Here in Pennsylvania, if the other party won't consent to a divorce you have to be separated for two years before they'll divorce ya.

Well thats pretty messed up, given any possible situation for a divorce...

Well there are exceptions, like adultery, intolerable cruelty and the like. But wife being fat isn't one.

• i put hell yes, and my reasoning was because you could do whatever you want. and option b just seemed like the more passionate one.

• You can get a divorce for pretty much any reason. So, yes. However, it is not a classy move.

• Love your options...

• Yes, only if she can divorce him when she gets tired of him not being able to sexually satisfy her.

• Sure, if she can also divorce him when he starts balding or can't get it up.

• maybe

• Of course it should be legal, but it is a pretty shitty reason for a divorce.

• For better or for worse... Unless you get fat lmao.
    Really though, depends.. he's so bad if she just got fat because she found it impossible to shift baby weight after a couple of kids... HIS kids. He should talk to her first either way, and he better be in tip top shape if he's saying that to her.

• Sure! And your wife reserves the right to take half of all your future paychecks, half of all of your properties, half of your investments, and half of your retirement funds for doing so. Please, be shallow. Dump her for a thinner version. Then she can find a real man who isn't scared of her 10 extra pounds. Clearly 'for better or worse' means nothing to you, huh?

why should she be entitled to future anything? this is why men are no longer interested in marriage. its a stupid investment.

lol women file for most divorces. you got this twisted. its women who walked out on the institution of marriage men are just adjusting to the gynocracy we live in.

@dudeman the question posed was about men divorcing their wives for gaining weight, not the other way around

• Yeah, both men and women should have the right to do that.

Well let's not go overboard here...

How is that overboard? lol

Just jokin'.

What Guys Said 13

• I love how most of the women chose 'Indubitably' thinking it meant 'no'.

Lmao 😂😂👌

• Yeah, there's no reason to be fat on purpose. Its not healthy.

• That was merely ONE factor in why I got rid of my ex , she was lazy ( seldom even bathed / showered ) , constantly complained , blamed me for EVERYTHING & never once appreciated me , I'm far happier as a single dad , would a woman put up with a disgusting slob of a husband? NO SHE WOULD NOT !!

• No but were allowed to kill ourselves

• Did you forget your vows? If I'm not mistaken, it included the words "in sickness and in health".

• Yes same as she should be able to do the same

• This annoys me for some reason

• Of course.

• By no reason.

• As far as I remember you don't need to state a reason for devorce or you can write "because blue was saltier than lamp"

• Should a woman be allowed to divorce if her husband doesn't get morning and evening wood when she wants it?

• Hell yes.

• Should your wife be able to divorce YOU because your willy is too small?

I've been there, man. I've been there.