How long does a relationship take till a guy proposes typically?

Most Helpful Guy

• For most guys it's somewhere between two weeks and 20 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're asking in the wrong place. It feels like Internet is full of men who think marriage is the worse thing that could happen to them.
    That being said, I think it totally depends on your situation and where you live.
    In my country, people usually propose after 5 or seven years... and that depends on the age of the couple. You don't really do it before 25.

You don't "need" to do it after 25 either. I believe in marriage, but not everyone feels the same about it. It's not like you will have failed if you won't marry.

@Giacomanzo Did I ever write the word "need"? no, I didn't. I was talking specifically about people getting married and when they usually do it where I Iive and that's it.

I don't know why did I read "You don't really need it before 25-" Apologies, I know when I'm wrong.

What Guys Said 6

• Never any more...

• marriage 😤😤 I rather cut my balls with glass

• why dont you propose? after all we are for equality right?

• I would say between 5 and 7 years. That feels right for me.

• How long is a piece of string?

Absolutely minimum of 3 years, if not 4-5, and they should be finished their education and into a solid career before considering it.

• Almost never... why would a guy propose in this day and age.

I was going to say infinity billion years, but your response is good. There's no reason for guys to get married anymore.

#AynonOMouse I agree, its like a death sentance

What Girls Said 6

• You're asking the wrong people. This site has a phobia against marriage and commitment.

• I guess it depends on various reasons
    1 Is the girl ready for marriage, some ladies don't show that they are ready to move on to the next phase of the relationship and as such the guy might not want to propose earlier for fear of he's proposal being rejected.
    2 maybe guy is not yet ready for commitment due to some personal reasons
    3 maybe the relationship started as mutual benefits and nothing more and as such it might take a long time before it ends into a proposal which might not based on the foundation of the relationship.

• Honey would like to know that to, cause been with my man for 5 years and I'm kinda wondering when I'm gonna get the bling lol all I know is he better not try make me wait 5 extra more years.. cause the longer I wait. m the longer he waits.. you feel me? Or until I think it's time to go and stop wasting my time.

• it depends on how the relationship is going

• It varies on the person and the relationship I know people who have been together for 2 years and gotten married and I know people in relationships for over 10 years that don't want to get married.

• I think 3+ years.

Just curious... Are you married. ?

I live in Australia. I don't think there is a typical time. 3+ years is a good amount of time when you've been with someone and you know that person, probably living together at this point, after 3 years you should know if you want to be with that person for the rest of your life.

Well I live in the Pacific too , I get you on that. Nah.. Just seems the US mainland thier all loosing thier minds over there. !! Thanks for replying.