Getting married on a first meeting?

I heard that couple who met online got married after first time of meeting. Do anybody now any such a story? Is it right to do that? What are your opinion about it?

3mo My friend got married after accidently meeting person on a street and that day they decided to get marry. They are still together eighteen years and they have son. They did not have none even online relationship, nor chat.
I mean in this case on those who been in online relationship, but they got married after meet in a person for first time.
3mo

My friend got married after accidently meeting person on a street and that day they decided to get marry. They are still together eighteen years and they have son. They did not have none even online relationship, nor chat.
I mean in this case on those who been in online relationship, but they got married after meet in a person for f

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know whether It is a right thing to do or not.
    If they wanted It, why not.
    I love risky people like that, It may be followed by divorce soon, but hell, such a story!

What Guys Said 3

• I would NEVER do that

• Sounds insane...

• Sounds stupid that's why middle easterns and Indians are so miserable.

What Girls Said 8

• I met a couple 4 years ago who met, got married 2 weeks later and had been married for 10 years since then. So 14 years later and still together, happily.

While I think it's better to go through the stages of getting to know a person, sometimes if it's the right person, you'll just make it work! I've been with my SO 6 months now, and I just know I want a future with him. So while we're not married, I can safely say, one day I want to be with him.

Also, I did ask them about it. Like "why" etc. And they said they just knew. They both wanted it. And while they were both spur of the moment people, nothing felt so right to do. And hey, guess they were right!

But just because it worked for them and obviously they were right about each other, doesn't mean it's right for others.

• I have had marriage proposals from guys who do not know me well (that I met IRL!) I didn't accept because I feel like someone needs to know me, and I need to know them well b4 I can make a commitment for the rest of my life. Marriage is a serious contract between two individuals that should not be taken lightly. (FYI im 19 my age isn't accurate on here)

• I've never heard of it. Anyone who decide to do that is a moron

I meen they been in online relationship, but they got married after meet in a person for first time.

I still think it's extremely stupid.

First of all, I don't believe there is such things online relationships. A person is SO much different online and in real life that I don't think it's possible to have an actual relationship with someone you've never met. All the emotions, the way you talk, the way you act, the way you move can't happen online.
      As a result, when you meet the person in real life, you need time to get to know each other.

• never heard about such things but i've heard of some getting engaged after first meeting

• Personally I think that's more than stupid but hey, their lives not mine.

• My coworker married his wife knowing her for 2 months they are happily married 18 years later. Marriage is a big deal. I would only get married if I knew the guy was fully commited

• happened to horikita maki

• No would not do that...
    But strange things can happen..
    Heard those would gets married after meeting 2-3 months right?