Why are men so afraid of marriage?

Well my guy is not but i am talking about men in general. Basically the way i was raised the women do the majority of the cooking , cleaning, and domestic chores. A typical married man get his food home cooked for him each day, clean clothes, a clean house, and basically someone who takes care of him. You have someone make your lunch everyday for work. You get tax cuts for being married and you have additional income from your wife working. You get to have kids without any pain. Again the women do most of the child care. You get sex whenever you want. Some guys are manwhores, and i get that they need to stay single. However not all are. Some are satisfied with one woman. I mean it sucks if you marry a nagging, lazy golddigging bitch, but if you marry the average woman it is great!

I don't see why men run from this. I would be happy to be a man and have a wife like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• marriage should be for eternity and this is a somewhat long time
    "You get to have kids without any pain" wrong. Ever been kept awake by crying babies? Also additional burdens and money.
    "You get sex whenever you want." Not that true per se as from I here from some married men.
    "but if you marry the average woman it is great" find one and be sure enough that she is it and not a "nagging, lazy golddigging bitch"
    divorce is not very man friendly, you lose very much money. I know a men who got near poverty because of divorce.
    "A typical married man get his food home cooked for him each day, clean clothes, a clean house, and basically someone who takes care of him." seems to be a very traditional country and you are talking about very obidient women. Also the man then wants to be sure he is one of the "typical" and not an atypical with a "nagging, lazy golddigging bitch" and it takes some time until you learn people. (Proverb: "Don't judge any man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins.")

Most Helpful Girl

• Reading all the men's comments I can see that they are quite justified with the nature of divorce laws in your part of the world!

@FakeName123 well that is disappointing!

It is as disappointing for the genuine men as it is for genuine women.

I am more of a traditional mindset myself and it sucks quite a lot.

What Guys Said 33

• Because getting married is a shit deal for men because of divorce. Married men are also portrayed as idiots in most forms of media.

Some stats:
    -50% chance of divorce.
    -70% of divorces initated by women.
    -Most common reason for divorce is "dissatisfaction" (what a bullshit reason)
    -In a divorce a man looses his: Home, Children, Retirement, most everything else he owns.
    -Becomes a slave who must work and give another person, whome he hates now, the fruits of that labor or go to jail.

Would you get married with a 50% chance of failure, when you know 70% of the time it's not even your choice to call it quits, that your spouse will ditch you because they can't be bothered to work on the relationship and when they leave they will take your home, children, retirement and you will be a slave who pays them money every month for the rest of your life?

• I mistakenly married a nagging , lazy bitch , that's for sure... however I got rid of her. The bit about cooking , cleaning , chores & being caring etc does NOT happen anymore , women simply don't " take care " of adult men , those days are long gone , EVERYONE needs to run their own lives , being reliant on others is a big mistake !! Most men , certainly the ones i know , have done their own chores from a young age , nobody , gender regardless , should be a domestic slave , I'm now a single dad & it's actually much easier without a lazy fat slob blocking the way.
    " but if you marry the average woman it is great! " Call me a cynic , but most women give the impression that men are neither wanted & certainly not needed in their lives , all the single women I know , want nothing to do with men. Divorce can also ruin a man , if he is not prepared , a man is always , by default , at fault , despite her behaviour.

Opinion owner. Once again your right about this stuff... Good one !!

• I already have food and clean clothes. Washing my clothes every week takes me a total of maybe 15 or 20 minutes. Cooking usually takes me anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes per meal. That is not a benefit gained through marriage.

While filing jointly doubles your potential deduction, you also have to take on her income which can push you into a higher tax bracket. You might see slight tax savings if you marry a girl in a dead end job that makes next to nothing, but the burden of taking care of a person like that is far more costly than a small increase in deductions which can easily be achieved in many other ways.

As to kids, they can be great but the pain of children isn't child birth, it's raising them to be good people that can take care of themselves when you are gone. They take a lot of work and no matter how well you do at it, there will be times of disappointment and anguish. They will be trying to grow up to be their own person and will make mistakes. Women don't do most of the child care. Men have a major influence on their children.

Married people do not get sex whenever they want. You're delusional.

There are good reasons to marry the right woman, but nothing on your list comes close to those things.

5 minutes? what are you making boxed dinners? yuck!!! It takes me that much time to chop the fresh vegetables. Maybe my relationship is just different. lol "Men don't do most of the child care"... lol i guess your culture is different because in my culture 75% of women are single moms with dead beat dads. So yes in my community women do most the work.

lmao. dude please stay single. Some people are just not meant to be married or with other people. lmao. wow!!!

Like you. You'll definitely see a few divorces.

• I personally am not afraid of marriage. My concern with marriage is being able to make it last a long time. In other words, hoping my future wife will follow through in her vows - compared to all the divorced people in the world. I myself would follow through, and I would hope my future wife will, too.

• because women are all gold diggers looking for an easy come up through child support

example: Amber Rose

d.ibtimes.co.uk/.../amber-rose.jpg?w=735

• The vast majority of divorces in the U. S. - and maybe even the rest of the world - called by women, and not because they're so abused or mistreated either. I think you should ask your own gender that.

• Men run from that because they are afraid od divorce, not marriage.

If your wife wants to divorce your house of cards collapses and you lose half of your stuff and you may have to pay to support her lifestyle. What man wants this to happen? No man.

• Men are just saying ( NO ) these days. Divorce takes half of every thing you have plus child support for ever after. So today men say enough of that. Can't say I blame most of them either. I wonder who was responsible for this mess in the first place ?

• im not afraid of marriage at all. i really do wanna get married, so i can have lots of fun with my wife

• 1. You are tied to a family and a job forever, you cannot go to Fiji or Paris on a whim, you now have responsibilities. You can't even go to the bar, and especially not the strip club.

2. If you grow tired of your wife, too bad. You are stuck with her. If she gets unattractive or stops craving sex, too bad. You will be miserable forever.

3. You have to make an income enough to keep your family in a safe neighborhood. No more bachelor life.

4. And finally: you have no dominance. Demasculation at its finest, that is marriage. No more being popular, no more being a player, no more taming any girl you want. If you look at other girls way way hotter than your wife, too bad. You are unable to flirt with them or prove to yourself you are still a man.
    You... are... a.. slave.

Ps: I really want to get married, so I don't agree with these, but from experience with men my age these are common reasons they don't want to get married.

• Depends on who you marry. If you marry the girl you described then great. But if you don't...

• You can have all the good things about marriage, except the tax breaks, in a long-term relationship living together.

But as someone already put it: men are afraid of divorce, not marriage.

• A girl can make you like heaven or hell..

Marriage means no more looking at beautiful ass and flirting with random girls Making out with different girls every day,..
    Being responsibility free.. And society sees you as couple

• Probably cause of how controlling most women become afterwards. The "regular women" unfortunelty have become the controlling types and gold diggers at least in America and even in some middle eastern countries.

• In USA, things are a bit different and getting married offers you nothing except that if she gets bored and loses interest, you lose financially. Massively.

• Because of women divorce you then they can take ALL YOUR STUFF

• sex as much as u want hhgh funny
    because women cause. so much drama and wants everything but offer very little
    because she can get a divorce and leave u broke
    because most of them are gold digging whores

• Are we?

• Because 70% of divorces are initiated by women.
    And with all due respect to all the good women, such low odds just aren't worth risking.

• We can have the exact same things without marriage.

Marriage is of no benefit to us. It allows to legally scam us. It chains our freedom. It's overpriced. It's worthless.

• lol non of that is true anymore other then tax cuts.

• Cause if the marriage ever falls apart the man is always the one that gets completely and utterly fucked by the system

• are we?

• cause it´s our money that goes out of the window... should eb obvious xD

• look throughout these comments and see why we dont get married. I feel like I can love a women without marrying her.

Marriage provides financial stability and security for you and your possible children. When you are married you have access to more variety of insurances, house loans and so on. Over all benefits.
      Imagine you share a flat. You aren't married but a lot of things is on her. And something happens to her. You are left with nothing... That situation is extreme, but you get the gist.

You all need God in your lives. And Lord Jesus. I guess you can do without Mary.

@Sasha07 no I dont need jesus because I can protect myself

• Not afraid no benefit in committing to a women. Nothing but a liability.

• Marriage will bring me no benefits and is full of risk. Marriage today just isn't worth it.

• We like 100% of our money, house, car, and kids... not 50%

• Men aren't afraid of marriage. They are afraid of divorce, and rightly so.

• I don't see the point anymore. Personally i find girls today extremely controlling. Plus i feel most girls have lost touch with there feminine sides... if that exists. Honestly while i notice women... i find their personalities to be loud, obnoxious, deceitful, only focused on their careers or down right mean.

I have a good career going for me, i live on my own and get to travel 4 times a year and i enjoy being single. I just don't want a girls near me in a relationship. I'm tired of girls breathing down my throat

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 3

• scared of commitment?

• Because marriage is stupid, that's why.

• afraid of commitment, and divorce law at western country i guess