What are benefits for the man in terms of marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• dont get married... ever. the relationship is better before she thinks she has control. the moment you sign that piece of paper is the moment you sign your death certificate.

You know... as a woman, I wish I could refute that statement. But I saw it happen overnight with the girls that my brothers married. Very sad commentary on how some women are these days.

@redeyemindtricks yes, they all have 3 or more children--one of them has 7! Lol I will follow your link and read what you wrote; thanks!

What Girls Said 25

• He should be getting pussy on demand! Anytime, anywhere, any way he wants it!

What he actually gets most of the time is. His dresser drawers are now filled with bras, panties, garter belts, nylons, slips and other items of lingerie while his things are relocated to laundry baskets in the spare bedroom. His clothes are laid out on the bed in the spare bedroom while the closets in both bedrooms are filled with skirts, blouses and dresses of all lengths, fabrics and colors. The floors and shelves in both closets are filled with shoes of every style, color and heel height

The master bathroom counter top is consumed by creams, lotions, makeup, hair dryers, curling irons and other beauty products and his toothbrush, razor, deodorant and cologne are moved to a small obscure corner of the counter top. A bouquet of flowers replaces the playboy and hustler magazines on the toilet tank and the vanity cabinets are filled with tampons and panty liners. The toilet seat is always in the down position and there's hell to pay if it's left up. Our stockings are hung (to dry) on the shower curtain rod with care in hopes Aunt Flo will soon be here.

His comforter with wildlife scenes is replaced with a floral print and lots of lace. His hunter green bedroom walls are now either pink or lavender and the duck border has been replaced by a floral border. His old blanket has been taken off the curtain rod and replaced with lace and sheers.

His recliner sits on the curb with the rest of the trash as the neighbor's dog lifts his leg and relieves himself on it. The living room is now pink with flowers everywhere and more sheers and lace. His ESPN has been replaced by the shopping network, the ballet channel and the figure skating channel. Quilted place mats and a vase of flowers replace his Hot Rod and Car and Driver magazines on the dining room table. His shoes are relegated to a Rubbermaid tray by the door, walk in the house with your shoes on don't you dare!

Your beer has been replaced by designer water and the woman in the kitchen has her hair in big pink foam curlers with green goo covering her face wearing a well worn housecoat. She slings the plates on the table and yells "Vittles is done, come and get it!"

As you eat you wonder how you got along without us especially as she sits down she declares "Honey I'm late!".

• Real benefits? Like tax breaks? Between the two of you, you can amalgamate your earnings and be provided either a break or you can earn more on a tax return. As much as people think just living together will suffice, there is still a virtue with marriage too, and you might find you are approved for loans, and taken a bit more seriously when applying for jobs or positions in the community (ie. politics, church, etc.) because marriage is a sign that you have signed up for a life-long commitment for something. Also, you have a right for certain things that tie you to your spouse, such as if one of you is hospitalized and decisions need to be made for both of you. Insurance is cheaper. Family plans and benefits are cheaper. Some of these things require proof of marriage to be approved.

Otherwise, no. There is no benefit, so if these few things don't matter then don't bother.

Does this measure up to losing half of your stuff when you divorce?

The vast majority of those highly successful people are married BEFORE they become so highly successful -- and their partners are instrumental in their success.
      That's actually one of the reasons I brought up Zuckerberg -- he's a conspicuous exception, by having made his billions before getting married.

So, yeah, the argument absolutely DOES apply to randoms. These people aren't getting hitched while they are idle rich.

Hollywood is its own little world, and almost everyone in Hollywood is a complete social misfit. Trust me on this one. Think of the kids who do musicals in high school... now imagine handing them millions of dollars. That's Hollywood.
      Most of those guys don't even know to socialize properly (which is part of why they got into... y'know, pretending to be other people for a living). Taking cues from H'wood is always a bad idea:

@redeyemindtricks And I see what you mean about the 50/50 custody, but you're thinking USA in your argument, not Nicaragua. Distance isn't much of a problem there, and rather, when discussing dependents, the custody that matters is actual physical custody counted on a night by night basis, regardless of what type of custody is granted in a divorce or separation agreement. Many men in Nicaragua are able to claim the child as a dependent, child care expenses, earned income tax credit, etc, after at least one year just because the circumstances are fair and square. If either the mom, or the dad can claim 70% or full custody afterwards after providing and accommodating the child then there's no reason why most custody cases are granted 70%/30% in the States. And this is just one example/comparison we can make, but it paints the picture clearly.

• Longer life, better health, higher pay, reduced risk of heart disease, reduced risk of alcoholism, lower taxes, lower insurance costs, and a more active sex life.

Wow, sounds good

@Jamesol1 Bro you obviously don't plan to get married and not too many women would be stupid enough to consider marrying you so go take yourself off to the blue section so you can be angry depressed and anxious all on your own.

@phil2 Just don't even bother replying to him. He's not worth the time.

• Whatever you want it to be. Life is what you make of it. If you want it to be good, find a good wife and tell her what is expected. I am married. I raise two kids. I budget, I take care of the finances. We have a retirement fund, we have savings. I read self help books. I help my husband and kids improve on their characteristics. I think that I do more good than harm for my husband.

• Emotional/mental support. Having someone to share his life and experiences with. Children and a wife to call his own.
    (Similar to benefits of marriage for women.)

I'm pretty sure you can do all of that without the paperwork

A wife to call his own? how can that be when it's likely she has already been with 50+ men?

@Truthatanycost well, you see, that would only be true if you continued being a regular at your local brothels. That's your own issue to deal with, not everyone else's.

• Being married to the love of his life? Is that not good enough?

• A house over his head, majority of his financial, medical and dental needs met. Free gym access, a first born son, home cooked meals. Wifi, Netflix, mixed drinks, permanent designated driver (I don't drink), a female best friend that legitimately has his back and would break someone's face to protect him etc...

so you need marriage for a son?

Military :)

Ah, cool. And thank you for yr service to our country.

Is this from a nationwide gym chain?

• You gain a life long trusted friend, as well as someone to give you love and endless affection. Someone who you can be open with and not be judged. You have someone to rely on and depend on when you face hardships in your life. That's what I'd offer anyway

If what you wrote was correct, you are a unicorn.

nope, you just wanted the points.

@Bobbyhill1

I think it's you who's trying to score points, but using my opinion thread to do so 😆😉

• The same benefits a woman gets. I. e. a partner who you can rely on and all that other social good stuff, (hopefully) someone who can take care of you financially (this in general depends on your economic and socioeconomic status, not all couples/individuals make enough to even with their money combined support each other), and if they happen to die you'll get some of their inheritance. Plus probably some other legal stuff. Like not having to testify against them in court or whatever.

• Depends on the man's social class.

whys that?

@Mrwoo99 I dont know man I just stay away from that and my life has actually been pretty good. Im 19 and I look at all these young guys going bald from stressing out over a relationship. I really lack the time and effort to put all my attention into a girl

I don't think you find western women in their 20s for relationships anyway. They all want to whore around in bars, tinder or wherever and act as they're sexually libertated the dirty gets. Do you know there's a high chance of catching something off these women because they've whored around so much with pyscopathic bad boys and oily players.

UK and US women are not relationship material reasons why am dating traditional feminine women abroad. There beautiful and know how to cook and everything... not screaming equality in my face.

• Tax break lol

• he would be taken cared of by his wife and would be loved and supported by her

So the same as in being just together?

@anonman32 look at the society around you then you'll have an idea of how marriage work

Roles? Then I'm no longer interested. I don't like being told what to do.

• The same as a woman.
    Being able to be with the one you love forever
    Being able to build a life and family together
    Having a life partner to support you through everything

That's a very short list and none of them are worth losing your assets for or not being able to see your children.

The benefits for women way out weigh the benefits for men. Sorry.

Except when women divorse they get a large chunk of a mans earnings or something? Hence why 75% of divorces are done by women... hmm not sure about our relationship... fuck it I need money for some shopping and a new car.

• It depends on the guy. If he's a cuck, not much other than the hope for birthday sex. If he's an actual man...💏💋💋💋

• What are benefits for the man in a relationship? Marriage=relationship+piece of paper

• A lifetime commitment to your best friend.

• Uh... A ring?(literally thats it same as women)

haha yeah except that you have to pay both rings yourself, while the woman usually just takes the one given to her XD

Oh, you must be referring to this joke right?

Q: What are the three rings of marriage?

A: The engagement ring, the wedding ring and the suffering.

• Man I don't know

• you got loved, a home (not house, home) and someone who take care of you

Do you need to sign the papers for that - for love and a home? I figured you just need someone who loves you and a place to live in

@Mesonfielde hmmm, maybe our marriage meaning is different. We can't live together or have sex before marriage

and FYI, I already own a house, so... nope, your argument is invalid

• Pussy! Pussy!! And even more Pussy!!

If that was true, "affair"s would never exist

That is the only thing that women bring to the table... and it is a depreciating asset.
      A survey found that 25 per cent of marriages had no sex and another 25 per cent of married couples had sex about once a month.
      The enormous legal and financial risk that a man is expected to take is not worth the 'reward'.

You must be talking about pet cat's and even those can be lost in the Divorce..

• The same as women. Literally.
    there is a reason women aren't settling down anymore.

what bullshit... right it's the "same" you're so fulla shit your teeth must be mushy

7 to 1 advantage to WOMEN in divorce court in US, similar across Europe, Australia, NZ, etc.

90% of child support paid by men, 10% paid by women

you can go from primary care giver to VISITOR overnight as a man... not as a woman

Meanwhile, ALIMONY, MAINTENANCE, cuz apparently according to feminism, women are children that need to be taken care of despite more of them graduating college than men (also due to imbalance in federal benefits)...

just a few things. but in short, only a fucking IDIOT male would go into marriage today with the institutionalized sexism in the courts that on average favor women to the tune of an 80% gender disparity (funny how feminism never mentions this lol #feminismisnarcissism that's why)

@somebodysaycheese HE is angry? Your queen of passive aggressive, so get real. did you think you hide it, frauline?

@somebodysaycheese HE needs to always be right? Your projection is BEYOND ridiculous. you're describing yourself.

• none whatsoever... we are all evil monsters

• Uh, a lifelong partner?

You don't need to get married for that

"Girlfriend" is just a word

And so is "wife"

So marriage is just the acquisition status for you? That seems pretty shallow.

• Loyal, faithful, good husband and father.

• It all depends on who he marries.

What Guys Said 31

• Only if it works out and is "successful" in which the both of remain loyal to each other and willing to make great sacrifices for each other in the toughest of times, and thus grow to old age together, but these days the odds of that ever happening realistically is less and less likely, especially when both parties married young and had an inaccurate view and expectations of what a marriage and married life is, as well as being unable to compromise with each other and work out the problems that they have with each other.

Depending on where you are check the lical laws on what benefits are given or provided wheb you choose to sign a marriage certificate and tie the knot. Oh, and remember it's ALWAYS IMPORTANT to get a good lawyer that can provide you good legal advice on marriage and help you set up a PRE-NUP. ALWAYS GET A PRE-NUP, it is much better to have a PRE-NUP than to not have any at all, in case something goes bad or goes wrong unexpectedly.

And like someone had said before, if you absolutely know it in your heart that you truly want children and be somebody's father some day, then take your chances and risks for "love" no matter what. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter all that much or even at all anymore.

• there are only liabilities for a man in marriage today. there are zero benefits. only an idiot (male) gets married today.

there's a reason 70% of divorces are initiated by WOMEN, because there's a benefit to both marriage AND divorce to women. there is zero benefit to either for men.

well okay-you DO have the opportunity to potentially get rid of a psycho bitch in divorce, which is worth all your stuff-but that's about it.

@phil2 well for now... until something you thinks better comes along. Women are always finding ways to fuck their way to top. Its hypergamy which is female nature.

@phil2 maybe. and yes, i married a fucking child, and just didn't know it... and she's 33 now and still acts like a 5 year old and I don't expect that to change.

Good women (ie think FAIR, EQUAL) are out there-but they're a BUKU minority...

• Zero. There are zero benefits for a man.
    There is, however, a 50 per cent probability that a divorce court will steal everything that he owns and give it to his former wife. Also, that a spousal support order and/or a child support order will transform the man into his former wife's impoverished slave for the rest of his life.
    Marriage is like playing financial Russian roulette with a revolver that has only two chambers.
    It is no longer a rational act for a man to form a relationship with a woman.
    MGTOW

Plenty of benefits for women then.

I honestly cannot wait for that day when women become obsolete, remind me to mark it down on calendar. The day will be called woman's independence day becuase this time they will be independent for sure lol

@Mrwoo99 yeah, good one.

• Next to none.

I would not recommend marriage in 2016.

3 of my friends married when they were 23-24. 2 of them are in the process of divorce and $50,000 in debt. The third friend is getting divorced because his wife cheated on him. She still stands to take a substantial portion of his assets.

My 4th friend: never married, no kids. Computer programmer, no debt, no strings, $100,000 a year. When he's lonely he just hits up Tinder/Bumble. Score!

That is sad

@phil2 I agree. For a while I dreamed of sharing my life with one girl but I just don't trust anyone anymore... even my own mom discouraged me from marrying

@phil2 well... stop being a whore then lol

• Aside from tax benefits there is nothing you get in a marriage that you can't get in a commited relationship.

Furthermore, girls often give their hearts to the men they have flings with so I'd even say that there is nothing women give to their husbands that they weren't also willing to give to their fuckbuddies. The only difference is that their fuckbuddies didn't have to invest as much and didn't want to commit to them.

• The same benefits women get, except that married men get little respect, the difference is what men risk.

• - you have something close by to slam your balls against other than your pillow
    - you have a new corporal under your command
    - cooked provisions
    - cleaner quarters
    - localized spawn point for children, and lost underwear UAV

• loyalty, faithful, committed to only his wife, having romance only with his wife. taking care of his wife and being taken care of yourself by your wife, love.

You do no there are HIGH levels of married women on tinder these days looking for dick?

You listed out in your benefit of marriage that:

1) A man gets loyalty, faithful, committed to only his wife-This isn't a benefit and can be found in relationship outside of marriage.

2) Romance only to his wife - Again not a benefit of marriage and can be found outside of marriage

3) Taking care of his wife - Again not a benefit of marriage and in fact not a benefit at all. And can bee found outside of marriage

4) Being taken care of by your wife and love -Not a benefit of marriage and can be found outside relationship.

@BubbleBoy69 they are all benefit to me, i prefer all that in a marriage than in a relationship, because marriage is like a strong thing for me.

• Marriage was supposed to be about a virgin man marrying a virgin woman and fathering a child in the wedding night.
    Since 99% of all women nowadays have no morals or decency, have premarital sex, there is no reason for marrying anymore.
    Marriage has literally become obsolete.
    It's a sickening joke actually, now that even fag... eh homosexuals can marry.

• Nothing. Many drawbacks, but no benefits.

• In this day and age most of the benefit for the man is BEFORE the marriage. Lovemaking will be frequent and you will retain a lot of control over your time and money. Your lady will be VERY agreeable to things you want to do in and outside of bed. She is "setting the hook" so you will marry her and give her children. This is when you are unknowingly enjoying a lot of leverage in the relationship.

Most women really get a lot of satisfaction from child rearing, not all men enjoy it as much. After you are married and especially once you have children it is VERY hard for you to get out, both by law and the social penalty and your kids will suffer. Once the woman realizes this, the level of general agreeableness will go way down. This is why the woman gets the advantage AFTER the marriage and you are stuck with very low leverage.

Good luck

• It's actually really weird, but if you're not married, the government claims that you're "single" even though you've been in a relationship for years, and you have kids together and all that.

... You got another classification?
      lol

Some places have "common-law marriage", where you become legally married if you live together for long enough even if there's no ceremony.
      But, in other places... yeah, I mean, there's single and there's married.

I'm confused as to what you're trying to say here... do you think there should be some third status?

Marriage is a legal contract that makes a couple who want to have children together sure that their family is legally recognised and their possessions are protected for their heirs. Without a proper contract to recognise your family your breed will be in trouble. And there is no alternative. Any other contract will be the same concept under other names.

As for a couple who don't want children and family, just live. there isn't much need for marrying legally except some tax breaks in the expense of putting yourselves in the danger of losing money in a divorce. But if there was a baby marriage is the best choice for the sake of the child.

Unless you are very poor which in that case you don't really exist like other people anyway.

at the expense of*

• Not as many as there used to be. When something rewards and pays off less, you get less of it.

• You get a title.

• Becoming her slave and puss boy

• Nothing... except you pay less tax that's it. Although the cons out weigh the pros by a ton if you do your research, especially when it comes to money. Would you like to know the cons or do you already know?

• I have no idea man.

• Studies have shown that Aman lives longer if he is married. They believe it is because the wife nags him to go to the doctor when he is not feeling well.

I lol'd

(the actual reason is that people with the kinds of habits/lifestyles that promote longevity, are also more likely to make -- and keep -- commitments like marriage. but ofc I know this was a joke)

• nothing except a 100 % chance she files for divorce to get every penny u have

• Your laundry gets done on Sunday

• A smoked meat sandwhich and freshly cooked chicken wings on boys night

• I think it helps with taxes.

• Check the laws that benefits married people in your country

• There are none.

• Tax returns.

• Basically nothing.

• A guaranteed ass fucking by the system several years down the road

• Better access to your kids. Even in divorce you will probably get partial custody vs none if unmarried.

That's it. If you're not planning to have kids don't do it.

• Diddly squat

• Almost none.

Anything like "emotional support" should be available to the man in a relationship, without needing marriage.

However most women will withhold whatever benefits they can, in order to force the man into the marriage state.

• More from Guys
    1