At what age do you ideally want to get married?

I want to get engaged at 23 or 24.
I want to get married at 25 or 26 but it's only wishful thinking because I won't be done with school for a long time 😒

Most Helpful Guy

• Ideally I'm thinking in the 24-28 range. That would give us some time to do some special things just the two of us before having any kids, which I want to do ideally in my late 20s-early 30s. However for all this to happen I need to find that special someone, which some days it feels like that will never happen :(

Also just a side comment, not sure why so many people say they have all this stuff they want to do before marriage and don't even want to think of it til their 30s. I have a lot of things I'd like to do too while I'm young, but I also want to get married fairly young so I have that special someone there to do those things with me! That would sure be a lot more fun than doing them alone.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 47

• I ideally wantED to get engaged by the age of 27 or 28, and get married before reaching the age of 30- and wanting to have children, wanted to have them between the age of 29 and 32, so that my children would reach adulthood at around the same time I reached my fifties. But it proved to be extremely wishful thinking, and with only three months to go until I reach the ominous age of three-o, l've already had to give up on it.

As someone with both Asperger's and Epilepsy, according to scientific studies conducted in Norway, my estimated life expectancy is only 58. I want to see at least one grandchild before I die, and I would never conceive a child knowing that I'm not expected to live long enough to see that child become a fully-fledged adult, long enough for that child to be able to support him/herself and stand on his/her two feet. The average age of fiscal independence in the UK is now 27. So technically, on that basis, I'm already too old to be conceiving a child in good conscience now- I'm too old to have a 50-50 chance of being able to see it through, and my dreams of love, marriage and raising a family are effectively already over.

• 75 seems about right.

• I can't see it happen at all. If I did or "if" it ever dies happen I think that it's probably only out of convenience in my 50s or late 50s or something. And it will never be a traditional family kind of thing. And no wedding or anything either.

• Aren't you single? I don't understand why girls plan this shit out lol "Okay I have to meet someone in the next 3 months, then we can date for 2.5 years, then I'll be good" I have no idea personally. I just know I need to graduate before. Plan to go to grad school as well. Not out there looking for girls who are marriage material everyday. If it happens, it happens.

It's not unusual to go grom single to engaged straight away over here lol

Lol, that's a strange concept from an American perspective. I'm sure I'll get married but it's not going to be any time soon. My best friends sister just got married at the age of 30. Really attractive and dated a lot of different types of guys. Has a great career now, her husband is great guy and we all hang out sometimes. I just don't see the rush. Being single has a lot of upsides as well. Feel like there is a little more pressure on women to marry though.

That's because they're on a timer men are fertile well into their 80s, women start losing the ability to have children at a fast rate once they hit that 30 mark, or a little before.

• Anytime from now really I'm not in a rush but I'm not going to daddle about it and not look either, but getting engaged or married within the next few years would be nice.

• 10 years ago hahaha... but of course it needs its time.
    I'm hopeing to meet a nice girl soon and work towards it :D

• I'm thinking somewhere between 27-32.
    I need to have my in life together first lol

• How about never? Why are all these questions "when do you want to get married", and not "do you want to get married, and if so, when"?

• I wrote a life plan when I was 17. In it, I'd be married at 26-28, kids by 29, financially retired by 35.

Nothing went to plan since I was 25.

ahha I have *never* had a 10- or a 5- or even a 1-year plan.

I could find some way to dress that up with positive spin, I'm sure... but, the reality is that I'm kinda like "la la la la whatevs"
      LOL

Now that I'm thinking about this, I'm wondering how much of "calculated risk-taking behavior" is actually just a mix of (1) doing totally random things because you have no life plan at all, and (2) having enough self-awareness/common sense to avoid *the worst* possible choices.

I mean... rn I'm tempted to say it's almost a hundred percent, and that a "life plan" is basically nothing but a shroud that covers up 75% of the opportunities you might otherwise see for what they are.

• No age.. I do not believe a "certificate" really signifies love. Although I did nearly get eloped to an ex in 2003.

• Waiting for marriage because of school is silly in my opinion. That aside, I was in my early 30s when I got engaged. I can't imagine being married in my mid 20s. It would've been awful.

• Giving an age in my current situation won't be reasonable 😛 I will geta tried when I get married dunno when

• i want to be engaged at 24 and married at 25 or 26
    but it ain't gonna happen that fast, because thats not how my life works

• Umm I don't know
    Maybe after being able to afford a family

• engaged 28
    married 30
    divorced 30.5
    good plan

• Never

• 30-35
    Lots I want to do before settling down

• Hmm, how does 255 sound? Too young? Yeah, make it 500..

255? lol nerddddd (if you chose that number on purpose)

like... = 11111111 in binary? largest number that can be stored as 1 byte (= the reason why you could never collect more than 255 coins in old video games)?

155 is not a special number to me for any reason, so... yeahh lol

@redeyemindtricks considerably younger than 255 at the very least :)

• 24 at the oldest.

• Whenever I am about to die from old age. I only want a committed LTR.

• 30-35
    I quickly need a girl and a decent job if I wanna make that happen :P

any volunteers? 😅

but at the end it's not that important... I need the right partner for it, and if that takes a bit longer... so it be. Not gonna force something just to be married until a certain age, that can end badly

• When and If I can get past losing my late fiancee.

• Whenever I click and feel comfortable with a gal.

*looks for the "kind of impatient emoji"*

• I want to get married in 2053 February 51st

• Maybe at age of 30 or nahh.

• I'm getting married at around 24,25.

I preferred 23. But I finish uni when I turn 23.

• i don't, but if it happens it happens

• About right now.

• I want to get married around 26 to 28. It's the best time in my op

• Not before 28 if I ever do decide to get married

• More from Guys
    17

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 38

• Not sure if I ever will want to. Too much crap has happened in my relationship so far and it has changed my mind about having kids and marrying my partner.

I think it is good you are taking a skeptical look at having kids. It is not for everyone.

*millions of people

Good way to look at it. "Bringing another human being" into the world is a big thing.

• Don't really have preferable year when I'd like to be married, but I know that I would be hestant to marry in my twenties and no way in my first half of twenties, because I have studies and wouldn't be ready for family and kids, I could only be engaged at that time if a relationship I have, would be very serious (but it's doubtful, if it's even possible too) and my partner wanted to put the engagement ring on for whatever reason.

• Ideally... haha. Well I learned a lot time ago not to wish for things that won't happen. So I won't. I know I won't ever get married, that's just how it is for me though I would want to of course.

• got married at 30 or 31, was perfect for me. done with my masters degree. secure job. dated 3 years, financially secured. all the proper stages...

• I mean... you could go still go to school while being married lol. Some of my family members and friends have done this instead of postponing marriage and waiting till its too late they get married and continue with their education. But I'm assuming that's not what you would want to do anyway.

Ideally I would want to get married by 25 or 26.

• Probably never. I'm more of a loner and don't want anyone in my personal space for more than a few orgasms.

• I am indifferent to marriage. I am not against marriage but at the same time I do not have a plan to get married. Some girls who want to get married will freak out if they never do

• id always wanted to be married around 25... but meh... i don't think its gonna happen

• 24/25 perhaps? That sounds good to me.

• I don't care about getting married.

• postmortem

• Is there supposed to be an ideal age? I was married at 22. We struggled and it was really hard.

• Idealyl I'd be married already.

But well as long as it's not much after 30 I'm good

• I'm already pushing 25.. i would like to get married before I'm 30 or at least have my first kid before I'm 30. so maybe like 26-29 I guess?

• I wanna get married (IF I get married) at 30+.

• By the time I was 30 I'd wanted to be married with at least one kid.

• I want to meet the person I'll marry as soon as possible, get engaged at around 20 and marry around 25.

• I married at 20 years old.

• I don't.

• 25-30, I guess

• Whenever I find someone I'm comfortable with :)

• I would love to get married when I'm 28. I want to finish school and my education and then i'd like to get married.

• At 100

• Mid to late 20s. Will just have to wait and see what the future has in store for me.

• if I can get marry before 30, that would be great..

• When I find the right guy and when it's a smart decision to go to the next step.

• 35 years young

• 25 and then have kids when i'm 26-27 :)

• Anytime between 24-28

• Before I'm 30. Had you asked at 20, I would have said by 25 but my ex screwed my

• More from Girls
    8

1 private opinion(s)