What's your opinion on marriage?

I have a very negative view on marriage, I always try my best to fix my perception but it always gets questioned when seeing couples ( I also fear relationships)

The picture basically describes my thoughts ­čśÉWhat's your opinion on marriage??

• It's totally normal
  • Yeah, you're crazy
  • Talk to a therapist?
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• its a commitment, its hard, I've never done it, I've seen many try it and fail, i've seen others do it and it works great and is the right thing for the children (when it is good and they are a good team).

It is a good thing, you probably have seen so much pain and failure that you don't like it. Try to find some good references. Even the Bible said... if you marry, you will suffer. so pain is part of it because you are letting go of your own needs to satisfy others. We are all selfish, and marriageis the joining of two people (that mulitply), so it creates pain to defer our own needs at times. the decay of society...

What you said really makes a lot of sense. I honestly don't expect it to be rosy all the time, but it can be hard sometimes to think of it as lasting or even healthy for me. I like my independence a lot, taking a lot of hobbies, visiting the library and social gatherings. I fear once marriage/relationship gets in my life it means I have to sacrifice what I like doing to at least spend more time at them

You're definitely someone I should listen to whenever searching for advice. You got a lot of experience than I do, I truly respect those who are mature than me when it comes to advising no matter how odd it sometimes may come off to be as I came across a few xD Fear really does take a toll on you by controlling everything in your life. I find myself to be more spiritual than religious, but both are helpful in giving strength as you mentioned. My parents ignore my advice because I'm young, but what can I do, I might as well continue on with my life and make it a better one than theirs. Also thanks again, I'll sure do so ask questions again!

thanks for mho, glad could help!

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband and I have been together for almost 17 years, and married for about fifteen and a half.

Both of us WERE totally like "fuck marriage". Both of us grew up giving the side-eye to long-term commitments in general. Both of us were restless, rebellious, sexually confident, promiscuous, and dynamic. Both of us were absolutely thriving on our own.

And then... we met.

We had about 15 hours together, and ohhhh did we make the most of it... and then we were long-distance for over a year.
    By just a few months into that year, I already had a ring on my finger, and we belonged to each other... for life.

Our marriage is fucking awesome.
    It's so amazing, and so fulfilling, that it brings tears to my eyes even to write this sentence.
    And it just gets betterandbetterandbetterandhotterandhotterandhotter.

Our partnership makes EVERYTHING in life easier.
    NOTHING is harder, more fraught, or more annoying.
    Compared to being single, we have less work around the house, our money goes farther, our stress dies out faster, we're happier, and we're more fulfilled.

Each of us has intuitively and emotionally become part of the other. If either of us is carrying a heavier emotional load, the other one knows it right away, and is there to take some of that burden off.

We support each other in EVERYTHING we do. We don't bullshit each other. We keep each other on the straight-and-narrow. We point out each other's flaws. We challenge the shit out of each other. We inspire each other. If we argue, we come out understanding each other -- and ourselves -- better.
    Everything we do, we do with PASSION.

The color white makes me wet. The word "wife" almost makes me cum. I wear slutty wedding dresses to bed. He slams his love and commitment into my ever-willing body, heart, and soul, over and over and over again. We lock eyes and say our wedding vows all over again while he's finishing inside me.

We've got 3 awesome kids who, so far, are growing up to show signs of solid character and respect. They're gna be trouble, if they're anything like their parents... but we're ready for that, and we want that. Don't want pushovers as our kids. And we're gna adopt a couple more, too. We got lots of love, in this family.

In short...
    Fuck yeah.
    Marriage is awesome.
    And amazingly hot.
    It's better than anything I could have imagined... and it just keeps getting better, too.

Don't know who I was in a previous life to deserve this, but, she must have been one champion boss bitch.

<3

That's a very interesting and rare type of marriage in my life to ever hear... It sounds more like a strong friendship to partners in crime, I love it! but does it exist for me, I don't think so haha. I'm happy for you though, the fact your perception changed kinda gave me little hope (x

@Puppylove94 haha, I get a bit emotional when I'm writing about these things, I suppose. But thank you <3

Tx for the MHLuv <3

What Guys Said 50

• Negative views are NOT wrong at all, it's just having a more realistic outlook. Having any Overly optimistic views on anything is less realistic and being deluded for most part.

Marriage aren't guaranteed to last, just like relationships and that is just the reality of it. It requires a lot of hard work and commitment for it to work and is no easy walk in the park. It requires loyalty and trust, and also integrity. Mistakes are going to happen, and there is much compromise needed from both sides, BOTH of you need to work Together for your Marriage to work. It's also one of those big life-changing decisions. Same goes for purchasing and buying your very first house or even car and as well as deciding on whether you want to have children or not to have children.

The way I've always looked at it, make absolutely sure and that you are certain that the person you are marrying is really the right person for you and is absolutely loyal and honest to you and is trustworthy and if you have trust issues that you can't put aside and neither could they it's going to be very difficult if not completely impossible.

And then there's the whole thing on choosing and deciding if you really want to be someone's parent. If you do and the guy you're with do not then that's also unlikely to ever work out either. And vice versa, e. g. if you don't want children, but he Does, then that is unlikely to work out either as trying to change someone's stance or mind that had already been set and clear will not work.

I bring this up also because if the marriage doesn't go well in the early stages such as anywhere within the first 5-10 years of the marriage, a divorce that is WITHOUT children is still MUCH BETTER than a Marriage that ended in a Divorce WITH children because in the end your children would be the ones to pay the price and suffer for the Marriage that did not work out.

And lastly, ALWAYS GET A PRE-NUP Prior to Marriage should ANYTHING GO WRONG, and then if it did you avoid getting Fucked Over by the System or the Other Person, but even then sometimes it doesn't guarantee to bail you out of the whole mess, BUT having a Pre-Nup is MUCH BETTER than NOT having one at all!

Having a Pre-Nup is almost like buying "Extended Warranty Service" for something you had purchases something that is really expensive as you had already invest big amounts of money on it.

Extremely useful advice you have given me! I'm trying my best to be as careful with my expectations and as realistic as I can. Intelligent, communicative, open minded, loyal and compassionate are the most important, I'm pretty sure it's realistic and hopefully existing in some guys, he can be average looking it's cool with me as long as the top is met. I never like the thought of divorce especially if I were to have children, honestly I'll deal with him and respect him by being loyal. The only exception is if he's abusive of course.

If he ever was abusive before the marriage then he also will most likely stay the same after a marriage, thus it would be a marry him "at your own risk" situation. And even More So, by choosing to have children with him at your own risk. But if you did marry him and he's still abusive, then it's time to split up and start entirely over.

The Best option would be to ditch him entirely instead of ever being in a serious committed relationship with him at all if he was ever abusive in the first place. And then find someone else that is loyal, respectful of you, honest, compassionate, intelligent, and possess all of those "good" qualities that you seek and hope for.

Oh no I hope that'll never be the case in the future if I consider marriage. I'll take what you said into consideration though, thank you :)

• Marriage does not mean you are in handcuffs. Two mature people who truly love and trust each other are not trapped, they are committed to each other. Now, if you are a person who has to sleep around, don't get married. The problem with the younger generation is that sex is now a recreational and entertainment thing. It takes a lot of work in any relationship and both people have to work at it. Today the thinking is that if you have some problems, you fix it by divorcing. Hooking up is more important than a relationship or forming a bond with the person. It's a very shallow way to live.

It feels like a handcuff for me. I'm an independent girl who loves taking new hobbies, visiting libraries, going to social gatherings.. etc I worry once I get involved either relationship or marriage I'll have to sacrifice the things I enjoy doing most. I'm not an experimental type, I prefer to remain a virgin for the right guy and I also prefer the person who'll take my virginity to be my future husband. It's scientifically proven that females who do that have happier marriages. Cheating, unappreciation, controlling etc makes me wonder if I'll end up with someone like that.

There is no reason you can't find a man that has some of the same interests as you. Of course, you both will have some different interests as well. In a good relationship/marriage, each of you also want to do some things independent of each other. As long as you and your man have no problem with that. A good, secure and confident man would never want to stop you from doing the things you love, nor should you. Some things you do together and some separately. A hugely important thing in any relationship is trust. If you don't trust your mate, you don't have a healthy relationship. In my marriage, we both trusted each other and didn't care if a man or woman tried to get us to cheat. We knew that it didn't matter. My two closest friends are women. I've known one for 20+ years and the other for 18. My ex-wife had no problem with them and ended up good friends with one of them. Congratulations for keeping your virginity! Today, your age group, think sex is a recreation/entertainment.

I've thought about choosing someone who really diversifies his hobbies and interests because those who don't have interests or hobbies seem like a burden to me and that they're going to bother me or restrict me from going out learning.. etc. I agree trust is very important.. once you don't have it, it's truly impossible to enjoy a peaceful relationship/marriage. Also thank you very much, you helped :)

• I grew up in a very very lucky home and family. My parents have deeply loved each other before I was born. They are saints and father taught me to be honorable and kind. Mother taught me to look for a woman that will be a team with me and we will work together and treat each other with respect and love no matter what. Marriage in my opinion is wonderful. I'm not married but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Just be careful , some people are two face in relationships and marriage , get council and church marriage therapy before you commit to marriage.

That sounds really beautiful, I wish most marriages were like that. You certainly are very lucky 👏 I think I'll go with your option.. perhaps therapy will help. My parents don't know I fear it, they actually think I just hate for it to be disgusting ( something I told them) I honestly had no other option to come up with

You helped a lot I appreciate it, thank you! 😊 I'll make wise choices hopefully

👍🏻

• I very much would like to get married someday I just want to make sure it's to the right girl that's the most important thing.

• I want to get married in the religious sense (bound before God) but I don't want the legal side to it. My view is if anything goes wrong the male gets Fu**ed over. Everything from childcare to the splitting of assets I don't know a single male to walk away with anything more then the shirt on his back. It has put me off ever considering it.

You know I'm beginning to notice a lot of complaints about the system of divorce. In my opinion, I think people should begin to change it, it's injustice. It doesn't matter who was in the wrong, what matters most is that both parties should treat each other with dignity and equality when it comes to splitting up. You made a great point, I believe males and females should change the legal system.

The system in the UK, around childcare anyway, is slowly changing. Sadly like any such change there are people against it and in this case it's mostly female rights groups seem against it. They have the lobby power for now. My hope is one day it'll change enough that I feel ok about marriage but for now I just don't see it as a "must do" part of love.

My parents just celebrated their 27th anniversary so it's not from seeing it in my own family. I'm aware it can work but the times I've seen it go wrong it always seem to effect the male more.

• Marriage is an emotional Everest with you so into the person that you cannot fathom life without them. So you commit till death do us part.

Within this, there are ups and downs and twists and turns but part of the inate joy is evolving together as one. You are like the Compass with the other the centrepiece always connected at times when you are apart and returning to each others side

It defines sincere beauty :)

I'm glad there are people out there who truly have a beautiful view of marriage, it's ironic in my speech to like them while I myself run away from it, but I am happy for you, thanks for your perception :)

• Everything that society has instituted has a positive meaning & intent to it even if in only the larger interests.

Marriages are created in heaven is also something that coined & believed in by humans.

There's nothing negative about marriage with exception that the way we perceive, consider & treat the institution that's made it negative.

I have written a My Take on this topic - the only Take I've written ha ha that describes my views on it

• I always thought marriage was something sweet. You know... You have someone who you love always by your side for everything. I'm kind of having a hard time finding the words to explain it but I'm sure you get my point. Though that type of relationship can also be achieved outside of marriage; marriage just commits you guys to one another.

• It's one of the biggest lies ever told. A huge scam. And a supremely stupid and costly mistake for men.

Oh yeah I agree the divorce can be a huge downfall for the guys, it's sad to hear honestly. I read tons of articles though claiming men to be more happier in marriages compared to women and sometimes the women gets less happiness after getting involved. Besides the fact women can often go with their feelings, they can make an irrational decision leaving the partner out of pure idealistic needs being unmet which makes her get a divorce/cheat while having children. If you do consider marriage one day and that's only if, I'd suggest you to pick a more rational one rather than a feeling one ✋

No that's not what I meant. The marriage being a failure could either be from the person for choosing wrongly or by the other person because they gave you a fake persona ( even both). I'm not here to harshly judge you because truth is I don't know what happened behind doors. What you have told me about your ex-wife's behaviour was wrong and extremely wrong no matter what happened. Both partners should treat each other with respect and if they want to split they should do it in a dignified and just manner.

They 'should', yeah. There's a lot of 'should' out there that just isn't the way things actually are, though.

• I would see a therapist about that, fear of relationships is not a normal thing. It is a normal human thing to desire companionship.

• i agree with the picture , that's how I felt in the last few years of marriage , I binned her late last year, as years of her laziness , complaining , never appreciating what I did & blaming me for f***ing everything , will wear anyone down , not divorced yet as she wants me back , but no chance , I'm happier as a single dad.

Women & men are totally different creatures , we are wired so differently that conflict is inevitable.

Perhaps the biggest reason for a man to be dissatisfied in his marriage is the lack of respect and appreciation the wife gives him. The usual complaint men have are actually those two traits being unmet by their partner. You tried your best and leaving her was best for your health and happiness. She probably began to realize her own flaws and that led her to want you back as usual in every case. You got yourself beautiful kids ( if that's them in the picture as I assume). Men and women are truly different, that's why having a very understanding partner is a good thing to seek for, especially for long lasting healthy marriages.

You have hit the nail on the head , I'm impressed with your maturity & willingness to see the " other sides " POV , you have mostly understood what makes men tick , we are straight forward creatures , that actually want to please our ladies , but would like just a bit of appreciation. Part of the problem is the " media " programs girls / women to view men as inferior , sex crazed , worthless morons that cannot function without a woman , many women are contemptuous towards men these days , some men are dickheads that deserve it though !! Thank you for the lovely compliment for my 2 children , my boy is now 13 & racing through adolescence , , my daughter 10 , but still got girly cuteness ( don't want her to grow up !! ) , my ex is of Italian descent , my Lucia looks like a true Latina girl. For me , I will never marry again , I cannot date & don't even want to , dating is a chore to me & I need to be real too , no woman wants a single dad with baggage !!

Thank you, I hope to be just as understanding as you also seem to come off to be. The media does project a very bad image of men and sometimes women, but I believe it's the men more as you've noticed. Your children seem very sweet and indeed you have a very beautiful daughter, you're a good father so you don't have to worry, she'll truly respect you and follow some orders you wish her not to do ( like most kids are nowadays crossing the boundaries). You might come across a good lady in the future who knows, but for now you deserve your alone time. Thank you for your perception on marriages :)

• You shouldn't feel that way. Of course, sometimes the idea of attachment to one person is scary, but everybody has its own fear about it I guess.
    Just think for a second: lets say you divorced a guy. No violence or anything. The relationship just died. Guess who's getting the house? Guess who's getting the children? Guess who's getting a pension? Guess who's getting half of what both of you got since you two got married?(men still get to work more and get a bigger income to sustain their family, so, guess who really loses money here?). Men have much more to fear in marriage than women. If a guy is into marriage, chances are, he's just a guy who wants to be by your side and have a family, and is willing to take the risk of finding out you're a different person than he expected and essentially getting stolen, all to be with you.

I don't care about his belongings or any of his money. I'm well equipped, and I have no right to take his money even if we're getting a divorce. I want him to take everything that belongs to him. That's not something I fear... what I fear is that he'll control me, restrict me.. etc what also scares is how men get extremely aggressive. I'm used to seeing abuse so much, and I'm fully aware not all men are like that but sadly I have this irrational fear that it'll occur which constantly leads me to dream about them abusing me and restricting me. Also the cheating part has me terrified because I always invest too much and be loyal to them.

Abuse is not as common as you think. Of course, that depends where you live.
      I kinda expect you not to be a gold digger or anything like that, its just that the fear of finding out she ain't a good person is there.
      About cheating, I know the feeling all too well.

• I'm happy with my marriage but living apart together, we'd pay less income taxes in this country. We're taxed on 'household income' (as if we were still in the fifties, when mostwomen didn't work) not on personal income, thus marriage pushes us in a higher tax bracket.

• If you want children, GET MARRIED!

The BEST way to raise children is in a marriage.

If you don't want children, don't get married.

DO NOT COHABITATE. Check the laws in your area. If you cohabitate for 1-2 years, the State will view you as being married.

• Marriage is a great thing for women, a horrible thing for men

What makes you think so? Sadly I have the opposite view.-.

@Regulatus I agree with you. The legal system needs more work, there are many good men out there getting screwed over by the legal system paying alimony etc. just because in the eyes of the legal system women are looked as the "weaker" sex and that too needs to change. There should be equality. To where if you wronged whether male or female there are consequences.

@Regulatus I don't know how to think about this, but I do agree to some extent that women can be like that. It's very looked down upon in my perspective. The legal system does need to change a great deal because as @Eltri123 said " There are many good men out there getting screwed over by the legal system paying alimony etc" is also true. Some men are horrible, but I still believe justice should prevail no matter what, our justice should go beyond our mercy in judging ( because you know how some women can play it off) as a female myself I saw the good and the bad on both sides.

• Not worth the trouble or effort.

Bad experience or observation?

I think it's important on both sides to make an agreement in how things should work if anything goes wrong. For example if both partners are arguing instead of throwing the past in their face by what they did last year or whatever, they should deal with the problem now, the issue that led to an argument ( perhaps by you not getting the grocery list right I don't know), instead of dealing with the issue the partner would bring back the past mentioning how you did the same mistake last week, and you were flirting with so and so ( which got nothing to do with the argument just a past mistake you already spoke about). In my opinion that kind of behaviour is what leads to dissatisfaction in marriages/relationships including disrespect and unappreciative behaviour. I think making an agreement on how to handle conflict is a must, like not throwing past mistakes, getting explosive.. etc and instead separate for a few hours/minutes and sort out your argument coming back with a level head.

Be best to talk openly and honestly about everything from the beginning. Before entering into a relationship or marriage both sides should know what each other expectations are in every aspect of the relationship or marriage. Most people think communication is the foundation of a relationship but it's not.

• Out dated

• It's going to take effort on both sides. It's a give and take. I don't view it as handcuffs / ball and chain. Call me idealistic if you want.

• I like it. I believe everybody needs companion in their life.

• It's a stupid custom, totally illogical and nonsense.

• I would like to get married.

I think of both men AND women are seeing marriage as confinement, then both sides must be getting something wrong.

• I dunno if I want it. On the one hand, I want to spend my life with the person I love, but on the other hand it's fucking dangerous and I stand to lose a lot.

• While I don't like the paperwork that comes with marriage and the divorce if you fuck up, I think it's odd to think of it as a prison.

You must really hate that person to think being with them is confinement.

• Its honestly just a matter of how you want to be seen by the public. But there are plenty of couples who never marry but do write their wills their other halves.

• the picture which is scaring you above, is the picture which i find very romantic. i mean its a very beautiful feeling and a thing if you get married and you both love each other, and you both lost virginity to each other, and you both belongs to each other and no one else, only my wife can touch me and i can only touch my wife, is a very damn romantic thing and a feeling for me

• Its awesome if you find the chosen one

• I don't think it's worth it.

• I don't see the point of marriage. Seems like a hassle. If you want to be with some one then be with them?

• Obsolete nowadays. Marriage was about a virgin man marrying a virgin woman, and then making a baby in the wedding night.
    No virgins around today in the Western World, no marriage needed anymore.

• in most cases marraige is better for women
    even in divorce he will get 50/100 stuff even if she didn't work a day in her life

• More from Guys
    20

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 27

• I definitely want to be married one day, but that's just me. Its fine if you don't, lots of people don't want to. However your fear of relationships sounds like a fear of commitment and maybe you should see a counselor for that if you want to be able to have one.

I always thought to myself perhaps its commitment phobia then I came across gamophobia, I think I fall in both categories. I always thought about going to CBT, but I fear I'm too young and perhaps overreacting it even though I left around 13 romantic partners out of fear. some lasted a week and some 3 years and believe or not, I wouldn't let them get physical with me at all out of fear too.

I know right, I just hadn't taken action yet. I might as well consider it

Just do what you think is best. Good luck.

• Try a relationship with someone who's cool with never getting married. That way every day you're with them feels like a choice instead of an obligation... it might even last longer and be happier that way. Marriage can feel like a prison because you make commitment on one day that is suppose to last to your grave without any regard to how you might feel 10 years down the road. You don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you but stays anyways just because "they said they would"... and vise versa...
    Take it from someone who has been married for 14 years ;)

My fear getting involved in a relationship would be, what if I got pregnant? it's dangers for couples to have children without their parents to be married and in my opinion. if I had children I would pressure my partner to marry me even though I might not favour the relationship so much, I'll try getting it better for the sake of healthy children.

Unfortunately getting married isn't going to guarantee anything, even if you have kids. Whether or not you're married when you have kids is not going to make a difference if you end up unhappy, it's going to end anyway... and if you end up happy, awesome! But if you're in an unhappy relationship while raising them, you're not going to be happy, period. That will come out in other ways that are negative and will most definitely effect them too. What they see in your relationship with your significant other may very well be what they expect to have in their relationships as an adult. The point is to have loving , attentive parents... whether or not they live in the same house can be worked around. I know if me and my kids' dad were not able to work things out, my kids will still be okay because we're both good parents. They will always be well cared for and loved emotionally, physically, financially because me and their dad are good people, not because we're together.

What you said is true. Sometimes people in marriages have ups and downs, days they love their partner and days they want to kill them. At the end of the day making a rational decision is a must. If my partner hasn't got any extreme traits I dislike I haven't got the heart to divorce them even though I might not be truly happy with them. Cheating/divorcing isn't anymore about being unhappy, it's about searching to become happier than you are with your current partner. Everybody nowadays are chasing their own tails searching for happiness. I know I might not be completely satisfied with them, but for the sake of the children I'll do my best to keep us together and try making our marriage joyful for the both of us. The only exception is abuse.

• Marriage is a beautiful feeling

• I'm obsessed with the idea of marriage.
    I used to be the girl who says "ew don't talk about marriage to me" but now... I think my friends and cousins contaminated me and it's all i can think about. WTH I'm spending hours looking at wedding videos and wedding dresses -_-

• I'm married, and neither one of us think of it as anything other than a good thing. If you're exposed to negative experiences then I guess that's all you'll have to base it on.

• I love the idea of getting married. My parents have been together for 20 years, and they have 3 children. Sure there will be rough times in any marriage, but getting through those rough times together is what makes them stronger as a couple. So I dissagree with you 100%.

Everybody has their own view of what's right and wrong. I cannot disagree with you because in some sense I agree. Marriages can be either healthy or unhealthy around us. Our parents are our role models firstly into how we look at marriages since you have a good household I can tell why you view it that way. The reason I disagree is mostly because of my environment, my parents have a horrible relationship with each other and even though they are together they simply keep arguing and one of them keeps cheating

I am sorry to hear that, and I can understand how that would make you see marriage as a bad thing. But it is up to you and your partner to make sure your marriage is a healthy one ( if that's what you choose ). I just hope you're happy with what ever you do :)

Thank you for understanding, I appreciate it. You're right it all got to do with the partner, I'll try my best into making the best choices. Thanks again and you too hopefully are happy with whatever you do! :)

• i love the perspective of marriage, but i do understand your fear and the picture. for me, it's normal to scare bout that, it's a huge commitment

From an idealistic view it can look nice for us, but once the reality kicks in we begin to run around like headless chickens. I cannot put my head around it without thinking something is gonna go wrong.-.

• Marriage is amazing and wonderful.

Hit send too soon lol. But that's in the long run. Life is full of ups and downs. Marriage gives you someone to pick you up through those ups and downs. Someone to lean on. Someone to count on. And sometimes you're the one picking up the other. It gives you someone to enjoy the highs with. The experiences. To make memories with. It's having your best friend by your side for the rest of your life.

• People marry other people for all the wrong reasons. But marriage is not the problem. People are. And the hidden intentions behind it.

• I don't know if I want to get married. I don't have a negative approach to marriage. I think you should see a counselor for that.

• I love the idea of marriage. I come from a large extended family , so I'm very family oriented, but I'd only ever get married if I knew he was someone I was 101% sure I wanted to spend the rest of my life with

• My view of marriage is that it's a partnership rather than a declaration of love. You're officially promising that you and your partner will spend the rest of your lives together as a team. It's only negative when people jump into marriage just because they love each other and they don't think about any other factors or the future.

• But I am never getting married

Can I know why, if that's okay?

I never been married but I'm just scared to to do it cuz I never know if the is going to stay

• At your age it's very normal.
    You could change your mind later in life or you could just stay the way you are.
    Either way you will meet like minded people along the way.

• If it's a decent person that you're marrying it shouldn't feel that way

• I used to like the idea of marriage but with the way the world is going I hate it right about now. Not because I haven't seen any successful ones, I've seen my great grandparents marriage, they were in love and married since they were young. I hate relationships and I just don't think I'd be able to trust a guy to where I wouldn't think at least once that he'd cheat. Along with other issues

• I am pro-marriage 100%
    It's the ultimate commitment.

• To me marriage is pointless.

• Marriage is a beautiful thing.

• I see it as a piece of paper. Doesn't change anything

• Misery

• It's not for everyone.

• My is not going well

• On my 2nd marriage. Not the biggest mistake of my life but certainly not the smartest decision. I married a cronic cheater. Biggest lesson I learned from this marriage... snoop, investigate, research, play detective BEFORE marriage. If I would have snooped through his phone before I said I do, I would never have married him.

• The reason why marriage has a bad name is becuase of the people. I love the idea of marriage. I love the idea t hat two people can commit, be faithful, and truly love each other only in a special way. I love hearing about couples that have been married for 50 to 80 years.

The problem today is that people don't want to work at it. People are not patient, people rush, people marry for the wrong reasons, people are more self-serving nowadays rather than compromising and sacrificing every now and then. There's no effort. People want to cheat, people don't ask all the right questions and LOTS of it during dating.

That picture shouldn't describe the love of your life as if you're in a prison. That's not what it should be like, and if it is, then you already know you're marrying the wrong person.

• It can be like that if you married the wrong person or a person who is a narcissit. But that is nit what marriag is to be like.

• It's pointless to me.