Is this behavior normal of mothers?

She told me to go to this event in case I meet a guy, and I refused. She then proceeded to tell me that if I don't meet a guy, I'd have to be set up for an arranged marriage, which I refused to again.

Ugh, she doesn't understand that even if I go to this event, I won't find anyone…

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• An arranged marriage? Thats over the top.

Most Helpful Girl

• For a mother to force you to find a potential partner? I would say it's common.. Unfortunately. Where and when you'd find that guy? I'm unsure.

I'm unsure if you are physically seeking someone (and that may be the reason why you don't feel like going to this event).. But it doesn't hurt to try? If you want to find someone. If you're not interested then I can see why you feel like you do now.

What Guys Said 5

• I guess where you're from? Arranged is weird af here

• yeah its normal

seriously though, when u getting married? ur 25 now, happy b'day, u reaching that age bro

@ikterikhairmangdi dont know man, but i hope really soon.
      Thanks bro

• @decentguy, teri shaadi taye ho rahi hain bhaijaan :-D

• no it isn't

• For your culture, yes that is normal mother behaviour.

You don't even know my culture.

Your Indian
      for starters. What makes you think someone outside your culture can't know of it and comprehend it? I suppose you comprehend cultures outside of Hinduism !

What Girls Said 0