Do guys dream about or plan their weddings like most girls do?

I don't mean plan as in extreme detail, but do mean sometimes dream about their future weddings? or is that just a thing girls do?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a mobile DJ, and as such I've been involved in the planning and execution of a lot of weddings. In my experience, about 90% of the time, the bride and/or the bride's close friend (s) are the ones planning the wedding. Of the remaining 10%, about half (5%) have the groom being somewhat involved, and the other half have the groom being heavily involved/making most of the decisions.

So, yes, there ARE a few guys who get heavily involved, but they're definitely the exception to the rule.

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess some do and others don't

What Guys Said 26

• Possibly when I was still deluded with optimism when I was a kid watching those Disney movies. But these days, nope. Because in the present, my outlook is half glass empty on things such as a wedding and having my own family and it's overall a cynical outlook on reality altogether. It feels more like a fairy tail myth fantasy dream, but then I woke up and realize maybe it just isn't something I can see myself actually do ever at all in my life.

• Nor my wife, nor I planned much. We had a simple wedding: a drink at the house of her parents, then off to Town hall and later a restaurant with some family and friends.

• Not sure maybe they do. About me no, I don't do it because I never want to get married.

• I did to a point for obe girl. However, most guys recognize that females do this and they have a dream and a script and that the only thing they need to do is act their part showing up dtessed nice and saying "I do."

I don't think that's necessarily fair to say. If you are getting married too, you have a right to have an input on your own wedding. At least you should. If the fiancee isn't giving you the chance to have your input heard, then maybe that's a clue the wedding shouldn't go on.

I understand, but wedding planning can be incredibly stressful and it's not fair to just burden one partner with the whole thing. I don't believe weddings are just for the woman. As it's mainly for the family. They want to celebrate with you, they like being invited and enjoy getting to see everyone and being there on the special day. So it's important both partners are represented that day, and it's not just a wedding of one person's dreams.

• I never have really thought about a wedding. Being married, committed, yes. But I always though the people who weren't getting married had a much better time at weddings than the bride and groom.

At my brother's wedding, we were out partying in the hot tub at 1 AM while he was in his hotel bedroom, sleeping with her for the 500th time.

I think a lot of pressure and work goes into weddings. I don't envy people who have to plan them, my friend has been planning hers for some time now. I don't know if they will ever get married (something always comes up, so they reschedule it). But she's always stressing about the details. So that might be why the person getting married doesn't really seem to have a great time. Weddings themselves are really more for guests than the couple. Because most people want to celebrate with you.

• I have never once in my life dreamt about any wedding let alone my own. I haven't planned anything at all even when I was in love with a woman... About as far as I've gone in that regard is answering a few inane questions about what song I would like to have played at my wedding and stuff like that. Girls ask me things sometimes. Sometimes I answer seriously, sometimes I make jokes depending on my mood...

• We'd rather go on a vacation and get married on a beach or luxury cruise liner or something than pay 20 grand paying for warty old relatives and obscure cousins you've never talked to before or since to get drunk.

• Be careful here... it's said the cost of the wedding is in direct proportion to the likelihood it will end in divorce.

The way the ladies are blowing up marriages these days you're damn lucky if you can get one to actually marry. There really is no up-side for them. It used to be it granted unfettered access to pussy but that's not even the case anymore.

• No. A simple question with a simple answer. No.

• I think many of us are more concerned with how much its going to cost even if where not the ones paying for it.
    Why spend thousands on one day?

• I dream about finding true love. Weddings and marriage aren't important to me personally.

• Nope, I think they think they may be married one day, but that's about it

• I'm pretty sure we only dream and plan the wedding night.

• Weddings are just expensive parties. I eloped both times that I was dumb enough to get married (these days I'd simply switch countries if I needed to lower my tax bill, less hassle in the long run).

• NO! Honestly most guys love the getting married part but during the time of planning we bite our tongue and are extra patient! A lot would rather use all that money to go for a week vacation together than $1,000's of dollars on a dress, flowers, invitations, blah blah blah blah blah! And there you go all gone! But honestly "now I'm a good guy!" We do it because we know how important it is to you and if he loves you oh so much we will do our best to give you the wedding you have always wanted! 😉

• Just a girl thing. I've never once thought about it.
    In face if I were to get married and had an option to do it without having an actual wedding, that is the option I would take.

• No i think a wedding is not needed.

• I dream about it in the context of will I meet a girl who would like a small intimate gathering or if I will be forced into a huge show off event which I would hate.

• Never thought about planning a wedding lol. It doesn't really seem fun to me (the wedding itself)

• I definitely do and my name isn't even Jason Lincoln.

• yes but in avague way
    not like what flowers or dresses

• I'd rather spend the money on a cruise.

• ofcourse not. if someone says he is which means he is lying

• Yes, I even planned a band, they play for free at divorce party afterwards!

• I have a general idea but I would leave the rest to the bride since it is chaos enough with only one persons expectations

• thats a thing only girls do, since, girls decide everything they want. the guys just shows up, that's if his cold feet dont bother him too much

What Girls Said 9

• I've only heard of one guy I know who dreamed about his wedding. But that isn't to say that some guys don't think about it ever. I'm sure they must, to some degree.

• Guys think about marrying a girl, prob not too much about the detailed plans. He will prob let her plan most of the wedding and give her inputs.

• Nope! I don't think they put in as much thought unlike we girls.

Where definitely less ocation focused and its more a yes where getting married but its still just a day we shouldn't be spending thousands on it.

Why do girls want it to be so expensive and formal?

• i've never done that

• Lol, I don't think they do.

• Some do but I think the majority do not or don't want to admit it.

• Speak for yourself.

• I doubt it lol. I'll have to ask my boyfriend

• Girls are instill in their heads about getting married, Guys are taught to run! :-)