Do men wear engagement rings?

My fiancé and I are engaged but it's going to be 3+ years before we get married. I have a ring of course but he wants one before the actual wedding. My question is: do guys were engagement rings and if they do are the same as their wedding and?

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen I loved this question because it effected me when I was engaged.

Me & this beautiful girl we're engaged to be married & when we were together it was perfect, but when I would be at work or somewhere else she would be insecure about it. She talked with me about how she felt & one part of it was because she was wearing a ring that showed she belonged to someone while I wasn't. We actually talked about getting one for myself & I was fine with it but she ended up saying it would be a little ridiculous.

God I miss her lol

I think you do what you wanna do. If you want your fiancée to wear a ring then you should talk to him about it. I think he should be understanding & at the least consider it if it's important to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• no guys don't wear engagement ring... only girls do but once they're married yes both should wear their wedding ring <3

What Guys Said 7

• I am sure they can - I never heard of it as an actual thing but I will google and see
    search.thediamondstore.co.uk/.../mens%20engagement

• It depends. Here in Brazil is actually quite common for people who are engaged use an engagement ring (that actually looks like or is a wedding ring) on their right hands and when they get married, they either replace it with the actual wedding rings or, in some cases, just switch it to their left hands.

• I would prefer to not wear a ring, even when married unless I was wearing other jewelry as well. I don't like wearing rings.

• well yes i think so.

• I'd only wear one after I'm married.

• no, one engagement ring is expensive enough as it is!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Yes in my country they do. My father does.