He is a gamer , he likes old crap movies? What to do?

So I been married for 6 months exactly my husband works 4 to 5 hours a day and when he came home he always wants to communicate w/ me ! And he also wants to do things with me like watching movies , sleep together or plaay games ! But his style is different from mine. He has at least 200 games on his wii and completely hacked the wii system , he is a NERD at no end ! Then he loves to spend time playing Star Wars on the computer which he swear he buyed a computer specially made for him , like a server I don't know ! And all movies he likes are like : Star Wars , Star Trek , Star Gate , Pirates of the Caribbean , and Fast N' Furious ! I hate all of these movies and he wants me to watch , play and do everything he does ! So guys tell me , what is a middle ground?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 24

• 0|4

That is a kickass response Doomguy :D ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Unit1 well you know a quiet surban place (don't judge me)

It's ok man, the Illuminati can hook you up, they know how to smuggle them in

Hm, I see.
      Well, I still miss doritos over here. Doritos and Mtn Dew helped me achieve Swarms in Black Ops 2 :)

• So basically, you're saying that you don't like any of the things he likes to do.
    So... what's the reason that you got married in the first place? This seems to be something a person should have screened for in the initial weeks of dating.

• Your husband sounds like an awesome guy, he has good taste.

What you should have done was wait and not get married at 18, to young lol, and there is nothing wrong with being a geek or a nerd my own father is a nerd and so am I and we have matching computers lol, no joke, like the same games and movies as your guy. But we make it work with the people in our life.

Just ask him to watch some of the stuff you like, or play the stuff you like communicate with him and ask him to try some new things or check out this new movie that you want to see etc stuff like that. But I mean come on be grateful that he wants to spend time with you like that. Now just use that and get him to watch and play the stuff you do to, But you'll never get any of that if you don't sit down and talk with him I mean let him know that your not gonna force him to just watch and play everything you want to, but make him know that you have your own tastes to and that while you like spending time with him there are things that you want to watch and do that revolve around your own tastes.

FYI you'll be hard pressed to find a man on earth that doesn't like Star Wars, Star Trek or gaming of some kind even seniors are getting into gaming now a days lol. I mean the stuff your complaining about really isn't that big of a deal to be honest with you all it takes to fix it is just sit him down and talk to him and let him know how you feel.

Just be grateful he isn't cheating on you or anything like that, remember it could be worse there could be actual issues going on instead of this.

• I don't know maybe he's just into it, I'm a nerd too, but to be honest I don't think I'm as hardcore as your husband

• The middle ground is your marriage is fucked.

• How did you end up married to a guy that you have nothing in common with? That's the real question. I think the best thing you can do now that you're stuck in the hole is to assert some dominance on things that YOU like and compromise. It's not all about him, it's you too. If you want to go out and shoot some pool or go to the beach, tell him! And make him know that you really want him to do it with you too, if he disagrees then remind him that you always do the things he wants and sometimes you want to do things that you want too.

• your husband sounds like a cool guy

• Do did you get married without figuring this shit out? Wtf?

• First question.
    Why did you married him?

• Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaah see what happens when you get married so young? At the age 18? Are you fucking kidding me?

Pathetic!!

• Don't get married at 18 first of all... 2nd do as he says and then some day say "ok we did your shit now let's try some of mine"

Oh and another advice : DONT GET MARRIED BEFORE YOU KNOW THE TASTES AND HOBBIES OF THE PERSON YOU ARE MARRYING !
    He is a nerd SO FUCKING WHAT? he plays games and hacked his wii SO? he likes geek movies and wants to share his passion with you? PRAISE HIM YOU INGRATEFUL IDIOT !

• How on earth did you come to be married to someone without know what their interests were?

• I like girls like you you're hot
    This message has been endorsed by Jeb Bush

• Why didn't you learn of these things before you married him. But anyways, you should be into both interests, you do things he likes and he does things you like. It's give and take.

• So, you married someone, but didn't know any of that before the marriage?

• Aaand this is just the scratch of the surface of rushed marriages.

• Uh, probably shouldn't get married at 18...

• Should PROBABLY learn a thing or two before marrying someone...

• Just live him alone.
    He should have his only hobbies.

• This is my problem with girls... some of them are so brainwashed, because they're pretty and highly sought after socially simply for being female, that they can't handle these normal, everyday things... if they're not getting their egos validated every second of the day...

A guy wants to watch Star Wars or a movie, she wants to go out and dance. A guy sits down to play a video game after work, she wants to party. And it's "weird" if a guy likes "nerdy" things. In reality, the guy might be pretty smart and end up working a good technology job and end up making good money, something VERY IMPORTANT in a marriage. Techy guys like techy things. Even a lot of guys that aren't technical like video games, science fiction, computers, etc.

And yeah, I like to go out too, but as a guy it's not the same. We aren't constantly approached, checked out, we don't have countless "friends" from all over because we partied with them ONE time and they liked the way we looked. Yet again, the warped female ego isn't satisfied with something that (very well) might be a good thing...

• You rushed into marriage in my opinion. 18 (or even 17!! ?) is waaaay too young for that. :/

• Welp this marriage is DOA

• If he's always been like this and you hate it why'd you get married?

• You could take turns on who chooses the movie you watch. That's fair. On his own free time, he can play or watch whatever he wants, just like you can.

It is pretty cool that he wants you involved though.

What Girls Said 14

• You both Love One another Unconditionally it appears, @madgirl220k, and from where I am Sitting, Nothing is going to Be... This Middle Ground.
    My parents have Separate rooms to Indulge in their own Entertainment, which Works out Good for them. Even though they enjoy one anothers' company, Share many things, go out as a couple, when it comes to Night fall, it is Off and Running to their Separate Quarters and corners to do What they Want to do Without being Hooked to the Hip to the others' 'Crap' Anything.
    As long as You are Not on a Back Burner, this is Healthy.
    Good luck. xx

• Haha well. There isn't. Unfortunately, your going to have to get used to it. My husband is the same way. Would rather spend all his time playing Space games like Eve and shit. I can't really judge, i game too. You could always get yourself your own console and find a game you like. My husband plays dumb space shit (yes like star wars ( And i play my things like Fallout, Skyrim and Halo. They are going to stick to their games, believe it or not they have some great friends on there they've probably known for years and shared a lot with. I just let mine do what he wants with his games. as long as he gets done the household man chores First, and sees if i need anything else before he disappears into the abyss of his computer. If i want to watch a movie or something with him i tell him earlier in the day and give him a time reference so he can play his game or whatever then spend time with me.

That tends to happen when you get married at like, 8.

• How about appreciate and love him for him. You need to stop making this as such a big issue. You don't need to have everything in common. Your attracted to him because he is different. LET HIM BE DIFFERENT! This is the guy you married, and you should be happy that he puts this much effort in spending time with you like this. Its healthy! Do you not know how many girls would kill just to have their husbands spend this much time with them? At least he work's. But I will say that you two need to just play video games and watch new movies and see what kind of things you can find interest in together. Learn to do other things than that.

• Not trying to be mean but this is why it's not wise to marry straight out of high school. You need to find out if he's willing to grow up first and become an adult. These are the types of things you would've learned if you'd waited.

• Go out? Do something other than what he wants to do?

Just tell him 'hey I like spending time with you but I don't wanna watch the same things you do so how about you make time to do that for yourself and separate time to do things we both like doing'.

• Girls usually don't enjoy exactly the same as their man does, that is just normal! i think you should come up with some stuff you want to do to! Shopping, going to the cinemas, date night, watch a girly movie etc. Even though you might not want to do guy stuff all of the time, you should at least want to do them sometimes just to make him happy:)

• My boyfriend is the same way. He'll play his games an ill sit next to him on my own console and play mine. You both should take the time to appreciate wth each other likes though, at least give star we'd a try even though you supposedly hate it.

• You should sometimes do things he wants to do but he should also be willing to join you on your interests. Its also ok to enjoy yourselfs alone. Just be straight with him. Tell him you love who he is and enjoy doing things he likes to do with him. Yet you would like him to join you on things you like. :)

• sorr but you should have known his taste in different things before marrying him

• Figuring this shit out BEFORE marrying into it would have been a good start.

• So like, didn't you meet him before you agreed to be with him till death do you part?

• Find a real man to fuck you hard in the bedroom while he plays his puter games.

Slut spotted

@singlebee Mature adults dont play XBox while their wives are dildoing their box.

@singlebee just so you dont make that same mistake lol

• You watch his if he watches yours. My boyfriend is the same although I absolutely refuse to watch lord of the rings, the hobbit and star wars and he refuses to watch Harry Potter and probably a few other movies I like, so we steer clear of those otherwise if we manage to force the other to watch one then they have to watch one they don't want to.

What I don't understand is why this is only just become a problem to youif you married the guy?

• What's wrong with Pirate of the Caribbean or Fast and the Furious and a few games?