What do you think about Muslims being able to have multiple wives?

Would you like it? I would only do it if i could be the stay at home dad taking care of the kids and doing the cooking and cleaning, etc. They would go out working and bringing in the money and i would work hard in the house. I am a man so I can do all the physically hard as well as not so hard tasks and reparations too, our house would always be in optimal condition. Of course I would also take good care of my wives and see to their every need.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care if others do it but I will not accept it for me tbh.
    Most Muslims are monogamous though I only know one African girl who's father has 2 wives and she doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not about Muslims, its about the Muslim country which has "Sheria" law. Sadly most of Muslim countries have Sheria and yeah they can marry with at least 4 women.

But not in Turkiye, we are a secular country, we don't have Sheria and its banned here for men to marry with 4 women. As far as I know there is no sheria in Morocco and other North African Muslim countries aswell.

What Girls Said 16

• I think it's obvious that it's not a good model for society has a whole. It doesn't really work, muslim countries are a mess. Not saying it's all because of that, but clearly the way you structure society has a big impact.
    Monogamy is time tested and the reason it's the norm basically everywhere other than muslim countries is because it works, it has proven to be the most successful strategy. It's simple, it's easy, it's stable, polygamy is neither of those things.

I think the middle east would look very different if it was monogamous. But because it's their religion, they'll never change

• Imagine doing that in the US and having both wives take half your shit each in the divorce lol And all those kids you'd have to support.

Fuck that. I'd never agree to be a 2nd wife, or to have my man bring another woman home. If it works for y'all, kudos. But leave me out of it.

• I think that's fucked up and making a mockery of the whole point of marriage in the first place. (obviously only benefiting the male... though I can't say that I'm surprised, all things considering.)

how is it only benefiting the male?

Muslims can do whatever the fuck they want. I'm not going to shove my own beliefs of not being pro-polygamy down their throats.
      Would I want that for myself, or do I agree with the premise of it? No.

ok i understand. thanks for the feedback.

• I'd hate it.
    Dude, I like time spent with me. After my man has been to work, I'm pretty good about him gaming and such. But I need those cuddles and that weekend snuggle. Nobody's going to share that with me.

thats true, there is more intimacy in a relationship between two people.

Ba byeeeeeeeeeeeeee tittynugget

lol titty nugget

• I wouldn't marry a guy who wanted a polygamous marriage. I couldn't be happy in that type of marriage.

• Probably becuase they're not satisfied with just one woman.

• that's why i am not into polygamy,,,,,! i don't share

• I don't agree with it.

• If that's what they wanna do let them I don't care. But I'm not interested in it myself. I'm an extremely monogamous person and I don't want anything to do with a guy who wants more than one woman

i understand. i personally would want only one woman too. i wants being serious in this question.

yeah thats true.

sometimes there is nothing to challenge, or its not worth it.

• I mean the only difference between western guys having side hoes and muslim guys having multiple wives is the status of the side women.

thats true.

But no one is bound by it. See if he can convince his wife to accept another women. She will think its ok because its allowed in the books. That opens the door for manipulation from the guys side

So if its the same, women and men generally date more than once guy until they find the one they want, but would you be ok with being wife number 2?

@Yogigirl1 exactly!

• I think that's their religious belief so whatever, not really my place to say. But I also believe it to be hypocritical and demeaning and I personally would never do that.

• I laugh. Men bitch about one woman. Here some are talking about havin Multiple 😂😂

• You should ask Donald Trump, he has three wives lol

• its have some rules to have

• Just another example of messed up that religion is.

• Most Muslims don't do it because it's such I hastle I heard haha. You could have up to 4, and everything you buy or do for them has to be equal and many rules like this. I know a girl like this, her dad married her mom and another woman, he has 7 kids from each, their homes are stuck to each other, and exactly the same, and they have the exact same cars on both sides. The girl seems pretty happy with her big family... Most Muslim men don't wanna deal with that, and a lot of women don't agree to it, and by rule the woman has to know about the other wife before he marries. I don't like the idea of this one bit! But that's the way it is... To each their own :)

What Guys Said 19

• Can't believe any woman would agree to be the second wife, and I would be ashamed to even ask my wife if I could go marry some other floozy and then bring her into OUR house and make my wife live with her every day. That's crazy. That's not just a "different culture," that's a dumb idea. Just because they do it someplace else doesn't make it smart!

thats just like totally your opinion man.

Who else's opinion would it be, I wrote it, my name's on it. . . what else would it be but my opinion?

• I think it sounds cool in theory but isn't as good in practice.

1. You would be financially responsible for supporting two women.

2. Double the passive agressive condescening drama, more jealousy, more expectations.

3. If women were going to share a man, they would only want to share a top quality guy. So bassically this would result in the best looking & wealthiest men having multiple women while the bottom 50-60% of men get no women.

man its the western world, they do the working and i do the house work man.

• I am reminded of a quote:

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same." -- Oscar Wilde

• I would have loved to marry a thousand wives if I had the capacity to keep them happy and if there were laws in the country to justify such marriages. But you know , such things happen only in a fairly tale world. Instead I think that I will be well off if I have only one wife and I am happily married till I die. Believe in the power of one and one only if you don't want to remain lonely.

• Assuming that all parties on board with it, I've got nothing against it. I think it should be legal here in the States too, again, given that everyone's consenting and happy about it.

• I think its pretty cool, but I would rather live with 1 wife and some friends with their wives as well.

why? when you have two wives they trash will be put out and the dishes will be done at the same time! double efficiency.

• I couldn't care less. Let them do their thing, It's not hurting anyone

• Well, lets see, they are allowed up to four - I would have two working full-time in good jobs to support us all, one at home to cook and clean full-time, and one to lay around and have sex with me all day.

Sounds ideal.

man the western world is modern and progressive, make use of the feminists ideology to make your women work for you. you are a the strong man to take care of the house and the needs of your women while they work. 4 incomes VS only 1 income is superior.

• I think its stupid, God created marriage for man and woman not men and women, plus itd be a hassel, all the fighting and arguing and couch sleeping etc..

• You would have to work. You can't be a muslim and a stay-at-home dad lol...

• Mormons

• It is very bad in terms of the women's point of view. I eouşd not want to share my wife to somebody else and almost all women would such as I do.

• It's the only part of Islam I actually kind of like.

can have more than one wife but no bacon. tough decisions.

• what do I think? allah is great

• I think it serves them right! :)

• dont YOU want multiple wives or husbands or both? actually you already can have them its called polyamory, cheating, open relationships.

it should be allowed

dont you like threesomes?

no? wth is wrong with you

everyone can have multiple spouses and infact you already do over most ppls lifetime the divorce rate is 50%

so if u had a divorce youve already done it

marriage is unnatural. the only natural thing is COMMITMENT and RESPONSABILITY

having 1 husband or spouse doesn't GUARANTEE YOU ANYTHING

infact if you have multiple wives or husbands... or both, you have a lot of resources and an endless supply of love and people its just like a company.. of love :)

• nah i have enough issues with women now
    and i don't care about having many women

right now i got one on my list
    and her choice decides whether
    she gets my wrath or forgiveness

she denies my offer its wrath and she is FUCKED
    she accepts my offer peace

doing it just like GOD

• Not for me, thanks... One wife is plenty.

• didn't mormons once do the same, only to then abandon it?