Why marriage is not for everyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people can't commit to just one person for over a decade. Some people are just ugly or have nothing to offer so nobody wants to marry them.

What Guys Said 6

• It's unnecessary. It is only worth something in the eyes of the courts when it comes to divorce ironically. Marriage is more for social status and acceptance especially for the female. It's her day. It's not for most people because nowadays divorce rates are 40-50 percent now.

• Marriage isn't for a lot of people because some people just aren't hard wired for marriage and monogamy. A man or woman who has been promiscuous earlier in life generally are never going to be marriage material (not because they are immoral, incapable of love or finding a partner) but because they are not naturally marriage material. There are cases where it does workout for some men and women but I think a lot of people like I've described seemingly think they can switch from being liberal to being conservative which is what marriage is (a conservative tradition and ritual).

And they cannot switch as easily as they think and that's why there are things like open marriages and infidelity.

• One example is some people not having enough strength in dedication, which of course is one of the biggest requirements.

• It is. You can't have sex before marriage and you need to get married to have sex and make more babies to worship me. Therefore me and marriage are for everyone.

• It's unnecessary. You can have a relationship without a stupid ceremony.

• because some people dont want that commitment.

What Girls Said 1

• because commitment ain't for everyone