Would you get offended if your significant other asked you to sign a prenuptial agreement before he/she would get married to you?

I personally feel like I don't believe in divorce and the idea of traditional marriage and that this shows some lack of faith, but that's hust my opinion.

1mo *I believe in traditional marriage...

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course women would be insulted by the idea. They're not at risk of losing half their shit if the divorce goes through. No, actually they directly benefit from divorce and don't get benefits from a prenup. I wonder if women would still be so against prenups if *their* assets and money and kids were on the line.

A woman should understand the risk that the man is taking by getting married. People change. It's ridiculous to think that something can't possibly go wrong in fucking 40 years.

No. Even if my wife made more money than me and *she* was the one at risk for losing half her shit and any kids, I wouldn't be offended by her wanting me to sign a prenup. I would actually understand her concerns and want to put her at ease.

Here's the thing. A prenup... doesn't matter if you never divorce.

Faith is a very stupid thing to have when the divorce rate is like 65%.

Most Helpful Girl

• Would you get offended if your significant other asked you to sign a prenuptial agreement before he/she would get married to you?
    Not if he's cool with me treating him like a potential rapist considering gals are most likely to be raped by a partner/someone they know.

If he can plan for the end of our marriage and wish to protect his financial assets based on the idea I'll turn into some greedy golddigger. Then surely I can plan for him based on character presumptions.

What Guys Said 8

• If the laws protected men, then you wouldn't have prenuptial agreements. The fact is that a man can even lose his pension and 401K to some chick that goes off and fucks some other guy and decides she wants a divorce because she wants to fuck the other dude. No one in their right mind would play that game. When we grow old we need that to feed us and pay for our health care. So any woman that would put a man in that position, is in effect plotting to kill him long run.

• Well, there is a 50% divorce rate which is shockingly high, and as others have stated, guys lose half their shit if the divorce goes through. There are plenty of cases where girls intentionally marry then divorce just to get half the mans assets. I wouldn't get offended. From another mans perspective, this is just a precautionary measure. He worked hard for his money after all

• No. I won't get married again, since I learn from my mistakes. But I wouldn't get offended, I'd just laugh since I know how absolutely useless they actually are.

• I think its just a form of asset protection which is good. I am not willing to marry without one if i am going to marry at all.

• I view a prenuptial much like insurance. You have it for a worst case scenario. You pray that you won't need it but are glad if and when you need it. So no I wouldn't be all that upset.

• What I'm offended with are the people who would get offended over the idea of a prenup.
    If the idea of keeping only what rightfully belongs to you offends you, then we aren't really going to work out.

• You don't want to think it can go bad, but you have to be prepared. Defend your ass, defend your cash.

• I recently had to lay down the law to my wife about her sister's wedding she was going to be a bridesmaid for and that she would have to pull out. For starters the specific bridesmaid dress was so expensive, then she had to pay an expensive stylist on the day, then she had to get a spray tan, help pay for a bridal shower and spa day. Then the fact that both of us would have to take days offf work, travel to the venue two states away, book a few nights in an expensive hotel but the real killer was when she was told she must have an expensive teeth whitening before hand. I was like f*ck no I ain't paying for that.

What Girls Said 15

• I would probably feel hesitant about it at first but if he really wanted me to do it, I would. I don't believe in divorce and don't plan on ever getting divorced once I'm married. I would hope my partner would trust me and know the kind of person I am before marrying me.

However, I also understand why some people want prenuptial agreements as a means of protecting themselves just in case since, no one can predict the future. So, I don't think I would really be offended or upset if my partner asked me for one.

• put simply, i used to dream of being a published author... and then the guy i was with at the time said, "if we break up, i can take half of everything from you since i can say i supported you while you wrote it".

(uh, nice try, you lazy fuck.)

needless to say, it scared me out of publishing anything while in a relationship and made me realize that a prenup isn't a terrible idea.

while i don't think the same would be an issue with my now-boyfriend/future husband (who i trust wouldn't do that), i will definitely be insisting on one... if he were to take issue with it, i'd have concerns.

• I'd just make sure it was very fair... a prenuptial agreement is for both parties, I'd just make sure that in the event that there was a breakdown if I'd given up work to raise kids then I and the kids would be ok financially to live. If I became ill and he left me then I would be taken care of finacially, it would be fair, not me having his money because he is rich, but rather what a father and a husband would provide when they took their vows.

• I would agree to it as long as it contained an infidelity clause. If I could provide the courts with proof that he had been unfaithful, then the prenuptial agreement would be null and void, and we would split the money however our state generally divided marital property based on the length of time we had been married. And a fidelity clause works both ways, of course. It applies to both parties.

• I wouldn't get offended.

• No, it would not. I would require one actually. I like pre-nups because I feel like someone not wanting to sign one is a sign of them not being 100% fully committed. Pre-nups can be something as simple as 'if you cheat, you get nothing' and that's it.

But I want a business, a bakery, specifically, and if the guy steps out, I don't want him having any part of my business at all, including the money. That's why I would want it.

• No I think it's reasonable in today's world. Not saying anything against you but divorce is so common. If you're not going to divorce him I don't see the big deal, I would sign it if it made my SO sleep better.

• I would probably be a little upset, because I would question if he found me untrustworthy. However, I too refuse to believe I will ever get a divorce. I would sign it anyway if he wanted me to

• If one person has considerable assets entering the marriage I don't see why not. You never like to think about it ending but if it I think anything gained together is split but anything obtained prior stays with the person who earned it

• If my guy asked me to do this I would dump him.

• Yes I don't believe in divorce either.

• Not at all because i love my partner notbhis money or items

• Yes, and I would reconsider marrying him.

• No way I would totally be offended, no pre nup or no marriage what is the point?

• Yes it's offensive. I asked my boyfriend about that and he said "then you shouldn't get married"