Is it normal for my 21 year old brother to marry a 32 year old woman?

My brother has been dating a woman much older than him for 2 years and is now going to marry her, she's 32 and he's only 21.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's odd. I've seen relationships like that work, but it's unusual. He should think about it because women age faster and she'll be 45 when he's entering into his physical prime.

I told him about that, but he doesn't seem to care.

Beauty is subjective anyway, one of my guys friends is dating a girl who is considered ugly by others, but he finds her beautiful.

exactly :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You should support his decision. I know it might not make sense for most people but thats not your call. I am 23 and I only date 40 year old men. Daddy issues? No, my parents and I have a fantastic relationship. That is just what I have always been attracted to. Just like your brother is attracted to her.
    You think? 21 and 32? WOW thats a huge difference! How about what about 32 and 43? or 43 and 54? That is the same age difference but you wouldn't freak out as much right?
    Bottom line is he's your brother and I am sure he already knows everyones opinion is apprehensive about it. He really needs someone on his side and your his family. I could understand the opposition if she was a horrible person but it seems like this is all based on age not her as a person. Do you like her?

She seems alright, we don't have a lot in common, she's admittedly a lot more mature than me.

Or admittedly I'm less mature, whichever sounds correct.

I can see it being hard when you can't relate to her much, I think over time that will level out an you will understand each other a little bit better.

What Guys Said 4

• If he loves her , he should marry her.

• Why not, it's his life

• This question can only be answered with another question: how hot is she?

• Hey Why not If He Loves her

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe a little unusual, but if it works for them both then I guess be happy for him. I guess my thought is that she might be focussed on some baby making, which I am sure he will enjoy. I am sure you will have mentioned the lifestyle changes after they are made. So long as he goes into his marriage with his eyes open...

• It's his life, so why judge him?

• It doesn't seem too bad, I've heard worse. There are girls who marry guys much older than them, maybe even double their age, but for men it is usually they want a younger girl so they can have a higher possibility of children.

• Personal preferance hun