Girlfriend expects me to buy an overly expensive Diamond engagement ring, am I right to demand a car for similar money as fair is fair?

• Yes absolutely
  • No. No. No. It's the man's obligation to spend at least a years salary on a worthless piece of jewellery
  • Im so triggered how dare you insist on equality between sexes you chauvinist
  • Thats why im MGTOW, not because i can't find a girl
  • Engagement rings are an invention by Jewellers to fleece you

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't accept a man unwilling to pay 15,000 plus for a ring but then I come from money.

Charge it baby, it'll only be $100 a month for the next 10 years!

Cheaper than the winter electric bill

@frozenhorizon won't be money for the winter electric billwith that.

What Girls Said 11

• Difference?

She's going to have that ring for the rest of her life (most likely).

That car, will die. The car also has upkeep costs. Gas, insurance, tags, any repairs, etc.

- I've never thought about it. I'd rather not know what the damn thing costs.

Knowing he loves me enough to propose and get me a ring, would be enough.

-
    -

P. S. lol, your trolling has much improved. How many 30-35 year old Blue anons can ask such triggering questions? ;)

- Keep trying and you might be a troll that catches me off guard one day.. Mayyybe.

• I don't think it's right of her to ask for an expensive ring. You should be the one deciding what you can afford. Engagement rings can be $11,000 or they can be $100. What it comes down to is what you want to do, and what works for you. There are plenty of beautiful, affordable engagement rings out there. If your lady is upset because you didn't get her a huge rock, then maybe she's not the lady you should be marrying.

Ultimately your girlfriend should be happy with whatever she is given. You are asking to share your life with her and that should be enough :)

• If that is what she is thinking then I suggest that you do NOT marry her. The engagement ring should be what you want to give her and express your love. Not what she picks! This is coming from me. This goes to show you that she is all about money and what she thinks she is entitled you. Read the signs. The red flags are there! Move on. A person who loves you won't care what you get them for a ring! Why can't she get something reasonable like $100 or so? Honestly, women today.

• Yeah don't get married. Neither of you get it

• Demanding a car would be just as irrational as demanding a diamond ring. If you can afford a ring like that then sure, why not, but I think the girl is wrong to ask for somwthing like that. It's about the gesture, not about the price of the stone. Just tell her that you think spending that money on something as banal as a ring is not a good idea in your opinion and see how she reacts.

• I feel sorry for her marrying a piece of shit like you.

Why is he a piece of shit. Why should she expect an expensive one. Its the thought that counts even if he got her a £20 one

I didn't join the conversation to talk to you just because you were blonde, i did it because you sounded stupid.

• Um... first of all, diamonds are actually the most worthless piece of rocks on the planet. They're not really worth anything, so you'd be better off getting a pebble from the side of a street and putting it in the band instead.

And the only thing that you buy that should cost more than a car is your house and any educational degree you get beyond high school. Not a ring.

Yep, they're pure carbon which is one of the most abundant elements in the universe :D

• I'd say it's about equal... ly stupid for you to want an expensive ass car and her to want an expensive ass ring. Get that bitch a ring from a gumball machine, if she loves you and not just your cash she shouldn't care.

• She shouldn't care how expensive it is if she loves you

• Lol no, if you already feel this way then your probably better off not getting married at all...

I think she needs to be more realistic and the ring should be something you pick out that reminds you of her.. the cost should be none of her concern.

• I voted E LMAO Okay, I have two points to make.

She "expects" this of you? Dump that gold digger! Okay, marriage is and has always been about financial security. But we often fall in love without whoever we feel most safe with, so now the concepts are intertwined. If she really loved you, the ring wouldn't matter that much.

If she in full support of this modern gender equality? Or is she traditional, submissive to you as the man, and would she make a good housewife? If she's modern, there is ZERO obligation for you to provide the expensive wedding proposal rock. If she's traditional, are you also traditional? Would you want a housewife? Will she actually BE a housewife, or just a lazy drain on the assets?

What Guys Said 13

• To me, both of your options are broken. I'd say no to the engagement ring and I wouldn't ask permission about the car. I mean, does she make way more money than you? Why do you need permission?

But here's the thing. You need to do what makes you happy and if having this girl makes you happy, then you need to go for it.

• lol, mgtows, you guys crack me up.

• I voted yes, because your partner should be happy with what she gets. The gesture to me is much more worth than the price. It could be a necklace of 30 -20 euros. She knows my taste so I'll be happy regardless. I'm not like "Oh so you love me 30 bucks much huh?"

• Dude she loves your wallet more than she loves you. Is a relationship with her even sustainable.

• I was cop for seven years, and as such I didn't get paid well. I asked my SO at the time if she would be okay with buying a cheaper ring, and upgrading later down the line when I was better off financially. She said no, I should only buy one ring, She then proceeded to send me links to rings costing anywhere from $4500-$13000USD.

Single now.

• Ehk. How much is it? The ring.

• I think an engagement ring for the girl has a special sentimental value. Spending too much is all a waste though although if it's gold, it won't lose value. For you to demand a car is not fair. If she is willing at all to spend on you at this stage, invest in something that will gain value, not lose value and it should be of value for both of you.

• Try to convince her to accept a Sapphire or other precious gem ring, not only is it less expensive, it is also more unique. Since you have been together for a long time, I assume you know her favorite color. Offer to get her that. Diamonds are monopolized and will never be worth the amount that you actually buy them at. Good example: My father bought a ring to marry my mother, it was about 5000 dollars at the time. They divorced a year later and it was only worth about 700 dollars.

• Just shows how materialistic she is... if she really valued the relationship the money could be spent MUCH better (saved/investing, payment on house, paying off debt, etc...) Time for you to DTB. She shown her true colors, now show her the CASPER CHA CHA Now ya see me, now ya don't move ^^

• I think the modern day custom is for her to buy you a watch of equivalent value in return.

• Don't get married. Women get married to have someone provide for them and take care of them. They want to feel secure.

• I wouldn't do it actually I would go to the dollar store and get her a blow pop ring

• You are an idiot getting married son.