Ladies (or guys), do you really want a diamond ring or would you rather something else?

Buying a diamond ring is dumb... more than half the people lose their rings, diamonds are not exotic, in fact they are found most anywhere, they are incredibly expensive and they honestly don't look all that great in my opinion. Do you stick by this rubbish from a hundred year ad campaign or would you rather something that is rare ie ruby, jade or a sapphire?

• I would only accept a daimond
    22% (7)0% (0)16% (7)Vote
  • I would accept a lab created diamond or above.
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • I would rather a precious crystal.
    9% (3)8% (1)9% (4)Vote
  • I don't care what he gives me (just about the least cunty option here)
    69% (22)92% (11)75% (33)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
23|5

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's pointless.
    I don't want a diamond ring or a wedding.
    Seems like a waste of money to me, but to each their own.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

Oh. Wouldn't want a ruby our anything either.
      Honestly I'm not a big fan of jewelry and I'd probably just lose it anyways.

What Girls Said 22

• I don't want to sound like a bitch or something but I really want a diamond ring.

3|2
    0|0
  • I prefer other stones. My birthday is April so I already see enough diamond stuff aimed at me and it's all pretty boring... I like moonstone and rose quartz though and the necklace my boyfriend gave me is smoky quartz so something like that would be cool.

0|1
    0|0
  • I pretty much hate rings so I rather get a nice necklace with a heart or something than a ring. If I had to get a ring, then I want one that is not crazy expensive (like a week salary) and looks good. I can't take someone who spends more than that seriously plus I rather spend money on more useful things.

3|1
    0|0
  • This is the ring I've been looking at, but I'd like it in silver.

sabrinasilver.com/.../DY925238.jpg

I guess crystals would have the same effect so that would be fine. Maybe blue would be nice. Sapphire is my birthstone.
    But I think I'd keep it silver with clear stones because I like the simplicity and how it would go with anything.

2|1
    0|0
  • I love my diamond engagement ring, it easily matches everything I wear and I love looking at it. My wedding band has sapphires and eternity ring has diamonds because those two are mine and hubbies birthstones, and he did so well choosing something different

1|1
    0|0
  • My ideal engagement ring is a Cloddagh ring like this.
    www.jeulia.com/.../pre-rqg511-1_4__1.jpg

1|1
    0|0
  • My wedding ring's center stone is the birth stone of my child; a black sapphire. It's surrounded by 28 accent diamonds though.

1|1
    0|0
  • In my tradition it doedn't necessarly have to be a diamond ring.
    I just want something Nice.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't care what he gives me

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't really care if be happy with a mood ring lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Non-diamond ring sounds great.

0|2
    0|0
  • No diamond for me- I'm proud to have not fallen for DeBeers' marketing scheme.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer a Dimond but I'll love whatever he chooses

1|1
    0|0
  • No rings! I would suck at remembering to wear it and probably would lose it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Told my boyfriend if he proposes to buy me a cheap ring as I lose my rings all the time, something sweet and cute. Maybe some diamonds, I don't mind. I don't mind at all
    I'd lose it in a month anyways. I'm useless like that

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a diamone ring.
    I love it. I still want to wear it. Look at it all the time. Its beautiful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, there are more important things to spend money on in my opinion.

1|1
    0|0
  • I want a nice ring... doesn't have to be a diamond.

1|1
    0|0
  • I honestly don't care

0|1
    0|0
  • I saw a really cool idea, where they both tattoo the rings on

0|1
    0|0
  • I really want a diamond ring !

1|1
    0|0
  • I really only want a diamond. It doesn't have to be huge.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Well whether they want one or not that's what they're getting a jewel for jewel.

1|1
    0|0
  • I always figured I would do a crystal of some kind I think it's cool

0|1
    0|0
  • There over priced and can be made industrially much cheaper it's a terrible investment if me or a future partner gets the other something i dont want it to be a bad investment.

0|1
    0|0
  • no, i just want a titanium one. it cannot rust, just as the love for my future girlfriend or wife.

1|1
    0|0
  • it needs to look good. idgaf about the material and things like that

0|1
    0|0