Guys, How would you react if your girlfriend proposed?

How would you react if your girlfriend proposed to you? I'm tired of waiting, so I am considering to either ask him myself, or tell him that I want him to propose to me. How should I handle the situation? What would you prefer and why?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Assuming I'm so clueless as to not propose myself…

I would be shocked and delighted and filled with a sheepish sort of guilt if I was proposed to. I would say yes, though.

• But do you think that guilt would affect the relationship in the future?

• Yes, but in a good way. My guilt would be rooted in a temporary embarrassment of my emotional constipation/laziness, leading to an appreciation of my girlfriend's decisiveness and belief in "us". It would make me a better fiancĂ© than I was boyfriend. I would probably help more than I ordinarily would have in wedding preparations (out of guilt) and take it upon myself to plan one hell of a nice honeymoon out of gratitude and high regard for her.

• Thanks for MH.

Are you engaged?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 23

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a7efe8100b.jpg
    Not really!!

I wouldn't need the whole knees ordeal!! Just try an make it romantically tailored to your partner like us guys try to do. The surprise way.

Ring in the cake, or new dresser, tv entertainment center, or anything like so. And if he games, oh boy, well you have a variety of ways to go.

As geeky as this would be... she ever proposed with these...
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...c65-ae96-3f09169bd4c5.jpg

globalgeeknews.com/.../...-Engagement-Ring-Box.jpg

I wouldn't know what to do with such a moment.
    But yeah, just get creative based off what your mate is into.

• You need to ask yourself A VERY serous question.

Why isn't he proposing?

Let me say this. If you guy are already sleeping together, he already has the cow, the milk, and the cheese. Without buying said cow. (Sorry to compare you to a cow) Having all this, why would he put up the money to buy the cow?

Stopping giving him sex may only get him to move on. If you propose and he rejects you, you will be devastated inside and your relationship will be over.

That is why it is important to find a man (I know, it's hard these days) who loves you so much, he is willing to wait for sex. That's very few men, but do you want to be married to a man who doesn't value that much? No. No you don't.

• If I'm being honest, I wouldn't like it. I'm a lot traditional when it comes to this and I'd really prefer to propose.

• I would panic and assume she's pregnant?

No but seriously you should talk to him. I wouldn't be against a women asking but you should talk. I'd advice the same if a man is planning to ask. If he hasn't asked yet then the simple truth is he might not be ready.

• We are talking a lot about having kids, and he says himself that he's gotten baby fever so I don't think pregnancy would be the first thought in his case

• i would be very flattered!!
    i think that more Women should be more assertive if its what they want..

• I'd say no because I hate being rushed or given an ultimatum and I would've proposed already if I wanted to

• It depends. How long have you been going out. How is your sex life with him? Do you know each others parents? Have you talked about it at all? There is nothing wrong with a girl posing the question... who says it has to be the guy all the time. What are your thoughts?

• We have been together for slightly more than two years, and we have a great sex life. We know each other's parents and we have talked about it, and also about having children

• Then I say go for it! Good luck,

• I would be taken off guard I probly say not yet as I am a slow life time discussion maker.

• Holy Crap. I would love for a woman that I would be hypothetically in a relationship to ask me to marry her.

• I would say yes, but sadly, I'm single :(

• Yeah I think it's cute, I would love it

• I would probably say yes.

• I would LOVE getting proposed to. I'd honestly probably prefer it that way.

I wouldn't want her to do it on the basis of being "sick of waiting" though. If she wasn't enthusiastic about it, I'd rather her not do it at all...

• I'm 22 so doubt that it is that Im tired of waiting, I really love this man and feel like he is the one for me

• We already live together if that makes a difference

• Well you know him better than I do (hopefully, lol), so I can't really predict how he is gonna react. Only you can do that.

• I'd feel violated.

• Why? So should I tell him I'd like him to propose to me?

• No but I am really curious! He do typically like being the one who kills spiders for me etc, and I would like to know possible reactions before I ask. My friends thinks he'll get a bit annoyed with it

• He'll be strangely put off but swallow his pride.

• Shocked as she's said she doesn't want to be married but overall pleasantly happy

• So you wouldn't mind even though that's considered to be something you should do?

• Yes it is, but my friends thought I might make him feel like less of a man if I do it

• Differs from man to man. You know your guy better than I do. If you are at the point of asking him to marry you then you know if that would upset him or not.
      If you DON'T know if that would upset him then it's quite possible you shouldn't ask him because you need to spend more time getting to know each other

• This has many if statements to it. If I get a girlfriend and if we have been dating for longer than a year, i would be thrilled

• Is she knocked up?

• depends on the girl, but like, if im 29 and we have been together ages then whats the problem, unno.

• How long is ages though? We've been together for 2 years and lived together for 1

• depends on when u feel ready, i would prefer to b with her 5 years b4 marrage but if u feel its right after 2 years then its fine. 2 years is a long time too though.

• depends i never wanna get married or beleive om marriage so if u asked me i would be like no ill ask which is never lol

• I wouldn't care if she proposed, just as long as I'm ready to get married

• How long you've been in relationship with him?

• A bit over 2 years we've been a couple

• Lived together for a year

• Laugh and then say no

• I would be like sweet you going to but me a ring

• Well if I propose to him I will of course have bought a ring for him

• I will not buy a ring that expensive but I wouldn't want to get one either. We both work in fields where big rocks isn't very suitable but most people have plain golden rings

• The actual dimond arnt that big it cost so much because use to was snuck out of Germany at the beginning of ww2