Do you consider marriage as a social or cultural permission for enjoying sex?

In most cultures and societies, sex was not allowed before marriage, and one reason was chances of pregnancy and responsibility of child - without shelter of father family. Now as many options are available to avoid undesired pregnancy, and changed social and cultural standards, sexual pleasure before marriage is becoming popular.

211

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not. That's nonsense.

If one wants to have sex, if one wants to enjoy sex then they can do it before marriage as well. If they are adults legally they cannot be stopped.

However having sex before marriage will have its implications, consequences so one has to be prepared for that well. For eg if a woman gets pregnant before marriage after having sex, then she will have to face the consequences of that.

However as you said, nowadays there are many methods available to avoid pregnancy so it's fine.

Marriage is not a license or a permission to engage in sex or sexual activities.

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider marriage as a commitment made to produce and raise children. With all the knowledge and options available about contraception we can enjoy sex without the need of a marriage contract. Previously marriage has been used as an agreement to sex and the responsibility for any resulting children.

What Guys Said 10

• Well, doesn't "fuck" just mean, to "Fornicate Under the Consent of the King"?

Medical technology plays a part. Condoms, birth control, and only in case of an accident, Plan-B.. take away much of the reasonable fear and anxiety surrounding pre-marital sex. So, that argument point goes out the window.

The larger shift, however, is in social attitudes. Not sure if "porn" is to thank for that, but in 2017+, we don't think of sex as limited to "sexual intercourse" anymore. It's now more openly accepted that (as Bill Clinton would say) sexual "relations" is not limited to the Arkansas definition of "sexual intercourse," but also includes things like hand jobs, blowjobs, titfucking, assjobs, anal, etc., etc., etc.

Some people read or hear those things and still giggle uncomfortably like little children in grade school, or get immediately defensive and put their "I'm offended" angry hat on. Yet, it's this change in culture and shift towards embracing (rather than suppressing or avoiding) sexuality that is primarily responsible for accounting for why people are more willing to engage in "pre-marital" sexual relations.

• Marriage is a contract
    Can be hell or heaven depends on many variables.

It is a contract signed and done forever unless divorce happen.

Basically u are married forever = even if u die or u will still be married and end up in heaven together still husband and wife

• I think you have enough comments/opinions on this topic... So I just wanted to tell you that you are unbelievably beautiful... like seriously, wow... What nationality are you? I am rarely left speechless, especially when talking to a woman, but I don't even know what to say or why I am even saying what I am saying right now... lol... I've met/dated some pretty attractive women in my day, but you are on a completely different level...

• I think things have changed partially , for example if we go back in time , Marriages used to happen early. Today Marriages are happening pretty late. Living in India I feel people have adopted those things as they like and it's a partial cultural change. Today many parents do want their children to get indulge into sexual relationships after Marriage but since marriage age has been delayed , present generalization wants to make love with their loved ones or to fulfil their physical needs at least. Need for financial stability has also increased and has become very competitive. These all factors pile up together. I really think partial cultural drift is not good thing. I think it's a package.

I still believe one should be free to make love sexually with their lover whom they see as their potential life partners.

• no i do not

• Married life is just a way of leading an organised life with responsibility by conquering selfish desires and attain self-realisation.
    Sex loses its significance with age as skin starts wrinkling, boobs start sagging, and as the body gets affected by chronicle diseases like BP and Sugar, penis loses its stiffness and by even more. The moment we understand the limitations of the body, emotional involvement predominates over mere physical greed. So, sex is not a reason for marriage but marriage is to elevate the human standards.

• To an extent.

• open license for fuck in the home!

• not any more and its not more meaneingfull after marriage either

• No..

What Girls Said 1

• I think marriage is a holy thing ordained by God.