Do you plan on having an open bar at your wedding?

I've been to a lot of weddings recently that haven't had open bars and I find that very interesting. I will definitely have an open bar at my wedding.

• Yes of course
  • Nah it's too expensive
  • No I don't want everyone being wasted
  • I don't plan on getting married

What Guys Said 18

• we did. i kind of think cash bars are a pain in the ass as people have to 1. spend money on booze but more importantly 2. spend extra time getting out wallets, processing transactions etc. it's just so much easier for a person to go up and ask for a drink, get it and get back to partying

i've never been to a wedding with a cash bar.

• Some stereotypes are close to the truth but if you had an open bar at a Irish wedding, you would need a second mortgage to pay for it. I don't know what weddings in the US are like but an Irish wedding would have bar facilities from about 4pm to 3am in an hotel. You would have already paid for a full meal and wine for the guests plus more evening guests coming later after the dinner. Average weddings in Ireland cost 30 to 40 thousand dollars.

• I had a few hundred dollars (I don't remember if it was 300 or 500) into the bar at mine and that was gone in the blink of an eye. I can't even begin to imagine what a fully open bar would cost. No freaking way.

• Oh fuck yes. No question!

• If it's not open how would we get our drinks
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Yes I will even though I don't drink that much.

• I've never thought about that lol and it depends on who my bride is.

• I don't plan on getting married. I think everyone now knows where i stand with this lol.

• I had an open bar at my wedding back in 2012. And this weekend i was at one of my friends wedding, he had it too. Some they even have it on every table. Drunk people trying to dance at wedding is hilarious and it's all on video :D

• not sure about that, but my plan will be to bring homeless and poor people to my wedding and give them food

• No plans to marry for the moment but I'm a fan of it :D

• If and when i get married probably nothing more than champagne , but who knows. I suppose I'll find out later on down the road when it happens

• Dont do it lol your asking for trouble

• We had free beer at our wedding, but we also had a bar where you had to pay for drinks.

• I don't plan on getting married. But I would want to work as a bartender or barback in weddings and similar events, since there are lots of people at these kind of events, and if I do a good job then I can get recommendations, etc. They can help spread the word about me and I could get more gigs and opportunities to bartend or barback in the future. it's always about people and connections. It's all good.

And then that just means more income opportunity instead of being limited to the same day job that I might grow bored of eventually doing day after day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, etc.

• I had one at mine because I could easily afford it but it cost $8/drink and we had 100 people average 10 drinks a piece your taking $8000 or more

• we had 1k behind the bar. when it ran out, guests had to pay their own drinks

it ran out 10 minutes before the end of the night :D

• I went to a wedding with a cash bar.

Once.

If the couple really can't afford an open bar, I wouldn't be offended, but pretty much if someone in my financial situation did it, i'd be like... uhh... invite less people if you can't afford it.

What Girls Said 15

• Friend's wedding was open bar + champagne
    and the guests raided it before the wedding
    leaving us nothing with which to toast thereafter, if it hadn't been for a wise uncle that began hiding bottles from this hoard.

• 19d

thats horrible

• 19d

that happened at a wedding i was at once and each table was given a bottle to toast the married couple. Some tables opened and were drinking them before the bride and groom were done taking pics. People need to learn etiquette.

• 19d

Although not a professional on this topic, my advice to clients (in another field) always has been... if you want a successful party, be choosy about who you invite to it. A parallel that may not be possible when certain friends & family may NOT be excluded due to absence of etiquette.

We learn from my & your stories that NO one should be served alcohol until the very last minute & for toasting. The true drunks & freeloaders can pack their own flasks, if that important to them.

• yeah definitely! I think if I ever have a wedding I'd be willing to splurge a bit over food and the bar.

• It's a celebration, pink champagne and weed for everyone

• We did, but it was included in the package. I've been to a lot lately where they put a certain amount on the bar and everyone pays $2 per drink

• I'm Mexican of course I'm having an open bar

• Just natural spring water.

• Yeah ofc

• I would have an open bar for a certain period of time but not all night. It's too expensive, the risk of someone getting hurt or killed is too great and weddings are expensive, there will be more important things to pay for.

• wedding and how I am gonna plan it is the least thing on my mind nowadays lol.
    I don t think about this at all XD
    I do think about sex a lot though... just saying :p

• I would be open to the opportunity of having it at my wedding, but I don't think my family would be okay with it.

• If I manage to get alcohol at a good price, I might included, if not I'll cconsider doing an alchohol free wedding. Though first I need to decide if I'm doing a wedding or not.

• Definitely lol

• No I never would because I don't drink and a huge majority of my family and friends don't drink.

• my cousin had an open bar. it was awesome. margaritas, mixed drinks, beer, & champagne all day. people got drunk enough that it made the reception fun as anything, but not one person was wasted or throwing up.

• 19d

and it was completely free for all the guest. you could get a drink, no money, no tip, & get right back in line. they only shut it down minutes b4 the bride came out & reopened it after the ceremony

• Nope I don't plan on having an open bar. My boyfriends family drunk a lot and when I say a lot I mean it. I can't drop hundreds of dollars on them "casually"'drinking. I know that might sound rude but I'd rather spend my money on something else for my wedding.