Ever since I married my husband I've been having nightmares every night. What could this mean?

Me and my husband married a few months ago... but ever since then I've slept terribly. I haven't had one decent night of sleep. We're both very similar people but he's a really different person around his friends than around me. He pressured me to marry him really quick... aish.. what could this mean?

What Guys Said 7

• Probably just your body getting used to having him sleep next to you, maybe. Or it could be just being nervous about marriage because your in uncharted territory as a young person. I'm not married yet I can only imagine hopefully I will be some day.

• Maybe you're worried about things... I guess your life will have changed when you got married: habits, where you're living,...
    You'll need to find out what worries you. Since nightmares are nothing else than your brain sounding the alarm bell :o

• This dream is actually pretty easy to understand. The seven fat cows represent seven prosperous years while the seven thin, ugly cows represent the seven bear market years to follow. You need to save and invest aggressively during these next seven years in order to properly prepare for the seven years of economic contraction.

• 11d

Stupid retard. I wasn't asking for dream interpretations. I was just wondering what it means to not be able to sleep properly beside my husband

• perhaps anxiety could be producing nightmares.

• just keep calm... he must really love you if he rushed you...

try to abstain from any gadgets like phoned n stuff for 30mins before sleep...

pray for safety n health... and talk to your husband kindly build happy memories and then keep a night light on.. do not sleep in complete darkness... and ask him to hold you or keep you close so you can feel comfort before you sleep

hope it helps n the nightmares end. tc

• What is the topic of your nightmares? Are you seeing him sex with your best girlfriend?

• But why you married so young?

• 2d

i still don't know why. it was his wanting. I think he just wanted our future to begin together asap.

• 2d

Eh you should have refused, it's not ideal to rush things.

• 2d

Okay.. to be completely honest... He owns a car-tire buisness and though he's very wealthy... his parents think his job doesn't suit his intelligence so they always pressured him to graduate University then pursue a more powerdul career. I think he wanted to marry me so that he could get out of going to university like his parents wanted him to. I was like his escape tool. But that could just be my insecurities talking.

What Girls Said 3

• wait why did he pressured you to marry him? that sounds shady

• It could be hormone changes because being married, usually in the first few months when you are in your honeymoon phase, means a lot more sex than when you were dating. And that affects your hormones which affects your sleep.
    Or it could be psychological because commitment through marriage is a much more serious matter than when you are dating, and that could mess you up subconsciously until you get used to the idea and adjust and accept it. Which could easily mess up your sleep as well.
    Or it could just be the big change which your mind might just not like. I know my OCD and other people's usually sets in when I deal with a big change. The bigger the change the longer it takes to cool off.
    Or it could be that you love him or want him so much that you are afraid of losing him, and just the subconscious thought gives you nightmares.
    As for myself, I moved into a place with my husband after we got married because I was living at home since he was working in a far away city. I had a pretty hostile home environment, and after I got married my husband was very kind to me so I was living in a much more peaceful and pleasant environment, and the first few months I would have nightmares of my past home and even swear at everyone in my sleep, until it eventually wore off.
    Plus having full responsibility of life for the first time had an irreversible effect on my sleep and I went from the heaviest sleeper to waking up at the sound of a pin dropping. (Maybe it's a psychological response to the fact that I knew I may become a mother at some point, and that made me more alert). So light sleep can leave room for nightmares as well.
    Anyway, could describe how his behavior is different towards you and his friends?
    Where did you live and for how long before you got married?

• 2d

we dated for only six months and we live im the capital city. i don't really get to see my family anymore and i was a country girl. and yes... i do love him very much and i still fear that now that he knows me at home, he may not fantasize about our future like ge used to

• 2d

and I'm surprised by how differently he is towards his friends. I didn't really know much about his coworkers and stuff... but when we married I gradually met them and around them he seems so messy and inappropriate. but around me he's so clean and smart. It just made me think that he's on guard around me. Did you ever have a similar problem?

• Sounds like you're worried about this whole marriage thing since he pressured you. Plus about being different with other people. Did you really want to marry him this soon? Its probably what you're asking yourself subconsciously. Try not to worry, its done now. Just see what happens