At what age would you consider to settle down?

I've been on GaG for a month and I've seen people aged bellow 22 that are married or even divorced. I'm not judging it just seems weird to me. I'd personally consider starting a family when my career would be at a stable point (around 30 hopefully) and only if I was sure it would work.

• 18-22
  • 22-26
  • 26-30
  • 30-35
  • 35+
  • Never
15d Comment the preferable age and your country so we can see how the numbers differ around the world if you wish :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I would settle when I'm around 28-30. By then I'll be mature enough to choose a partner that I'll be with for the rest of my life and to have children with.

During my peak decade however, I'll have too much energy and opportunities to let it go to waste. I want to get as much out of life as I can. Properly pursuing my career and securing a financially wealthy position. Traveling around places and getting to meet new people and pursuing new women.

Then when I find the right one... Finally settle in after my journey... By then, live and do as I wish.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 19, I'm czech and I don't plat to settle down before I'm like 28. and I don't want kids before 30.

What Guys Said 32

• My dream would be to be with the same girl for the rest of my life as soon as we just find each other. I probably wouldn't like to get "officially" married, unless there was good practical reasons, buuut as a romantic guy I could arrange some nice and fun little private ceremony :P and maybe have 1 kid when I'm not one myself.

• Only if I am sure it will work?-----How can you be sure. There is no guarantee here. When my career will be at a stable point?------Now a days career has no stability.----And what will you do if you are swept away with a lot of blissful love. Will you reject such opportunities?

• 14d

Sometimes you know it won't work. Also I think I will be able to have a stable career in the field I want to. And if I find true love at 20 or smth it will last until 30 when I would consider to get married.

• 13d

Opinion owner. This is accually very true for some. I hope the younger listen to this here , because for most , this is a reality that will hit them (sideways ) like a ton of bricks.

• I don't expect to break out of my shell for at least another year (20 years old) and I wouldn't even consider marriage while I was still in college so I would have to wait till I graduate (21 years old) then on top of that I want to be in a relationship for 3 years before proposing because that's accepted as the final speed bump for couples so my minimum would be 24 years old. That is the scenario if literally everything goes perfectly but I don't expect my first relationship to be my only relationship since there is a more than 50% chance of a couple breaking up. I would assume that after factoring in all the speed bumps and potential breakups, the actual age will be around 27.

• Age isn't really important to me. I just want to make sure I meet the right girl and I'm financially stable before I settle down

• 30-35 because:
    I think my busiest years are over by then and I like to plan everything out very carefully

• I am never settling down. For others, I think Mid - Late 20's is good. About 2/5 of my Facebook friends age 25-27 are engaged or married with kids. The other 3/5 are in some kind of relationship.

• I did marry my wife when we both had a good job and an income. She had the job and the income earlier than me because I had to fulfill my military service (unpaid, the first year!). Thus I got a job right after my HD and married asap, at 25.

• Honestly anytime from now onward I'm not exactly in a huge rush but I don't exactly want to be married in my mid 30s or something like that. Of course even if I was married right now I wouldn't start a family till I was financially secure and stable.

• 🤔 If I live to be 100, I'll begin to consider it.

• I'm not really sure because I'm not settled down at all

• I settled down at 18. Although I was financially very stable which I believe makes that turning point easier than most.

• it doesn't matter. when i'll be able to earn enough money then i'll settle down. so my age has nothing to do with that.
    but i wanted to settle down at my current age

• To be honest, I had already hoped to by this point in my life.

• Never, I'm asexual/aromantic.

• whenever I can't seem to get random girls to sleep with me, I guess.

• When I was 23 I started to feel that way. It's different for everybody though.

• I'd say 26-30 is definitely when you should be settling down, 22-26 at the earliest, keep in mind if you want kids though they have the best chances the earliest you have them, if you wait til your 30s there's a high chance of them not being normal

• 15d

If you have them before 18 there's a higher change they will have genetical abnormalitys as well.

• I think I'm finally ready lol

• 25-30 I think I hope so at least

• I voted D because I'm in that age bracket and never been married. That being said, if you asked me this question I'd probably answer 24-28.

• I voted for 30-35

• I would prefer to start having kids at (30-35) , but i think it's going to happen
    before that somehow.

• I'll marry after 30 if I would find the type of girl I want :P

• 60 sounds about right for me.

• Nevahh!

• 35+ if ever.

• Probably 35 years old.

• 18-22... but i screwed up with the girl i fell for

• I ideally 26-30... in reality never😔lol

• it differs individual to individual some study at aper 30+ some get settle at age 25

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 18

• I got married when I was 22 (which is young in Australia). My career was already stable and I'd bought my first house, but despite those I see no reason why I couldn't have continued those goals while married.
    Goals can run concurrently, you don't have to tick one off before starting the next. You will miss so many opportunities life throws at you that way

• Definitely 26-30 and even at that, I think marriage alone is best at that age. Leave the babies until you're around 29/30. Just means you have a career and a good home to bring children up in :)

• I would like to settle down in my late 20's- early 30's like when I'm 28 but I will have kids in my 30's but I know anything can happen but at least I will be in my late 20's if I do get pregnant early.

• 15d

I already found a guy that I want to settle down with so hopefully everything goes well
      By the way I'm from the U. S.

• As in marriage and kids? 28 is the youngest. Probably closer to 30 to be honest.

P. S.! @AlexAlex92 - Someone else from Greece. :]

• 14d

Hahah yes I agree with you. Here in older years like 40 and older years ago when they are twenty something they get married. The girls getting married in 18...

• 12d

@KatherineWilliams ωραία πόλη ή καβάλα! Εγώ απο ένα χωριό της Καστοριάς είμαι. Γνωστή μου σπουδάζει στην Καβάλα.
      :-)

• I'm 23. I'm getting married in 2018 a month before I turn 25.

• Definitely not before 25.

• I don't want to get have kids or get married before 25.

• I don't have a specific age. If I get into a relationship, I'm not expecting marriage but I'm not going into it expecting to break up you know? The goal is to find someone you'll always want to be with. As for starting a family, as late as possible. I'd want to savor my relationship.

• I do find it weird when people marry so young in their after 25 is fine, but younger than that is just to young. But I do understand that people want to experience marriage while their young and youthful instead of waiting until their older.

• Started my career at 22. Had savibgs. Moved out, moved back with parents.
    Met ex husband 27, same age. He- good job, lived at hime and a little savibgs.
    Both started to save more, married at 31.

• When i was younger i thought that by now i would be married!
    But life is uncertain, and things change over time. Partners exit and new ones enter your life.
    Right now i'm more focused on having a good time rather than put all my eggs in one basket. Maybe in a few years who knows? :)

• Ideally I wanna be married in 2 years.
    But I kind of need a partner first for that to happen so yeah LOL.

• 24-30

• Hopefully sometime between 26-30. But I still haven't been in a long term relationship yet so who knows.

• 26-30 that's seems like a good deal!

• 25-30

• I think 25 and over is a good time

• I have wanted to for years.