What do you think about people who have weddings on actual holidays?

• People have the time off, you're going to see everyone anyway. I think it's a great idea.
  • People have time off, but they don't necessarily want to spend it with you or at your wedding. I think it's a terrible idea.

What Guys Said 1

• My wedding will be on Christmas! And every five years we'll get remarried!

What Girls Said 8

• I've always thought it a bit weird myself. Like people that get married on Christmas, lots of other things going on, so why add to the stress?

• A little odd. I like celebrating the holiday for the holiday. What if you end up getting divorced? You would've ruined a perfectly good holiday lol. With that being said, I always thought a Halloween wedding could be quirky & nice :)

• 5d

Halloween isn't really "technically" a holiday, in that you get no time off. It's just like a day in the week.

• I don't see why not. I understand that people have other stuff going on during holidays but would it really kill your family and friends to spend their holiday celebrating with you? For one year I think they can break their usual Holiday tradition and go to a wedding.

• 5d

I think it does get tough for some though. If you don't for example, have a lot of money, and can only afford one big trip a year, that may be the only time you see your family during the holidays. If it's your wife or husband's family/friend getting married, that may mean you don't see your family in person for an entire 2 years. That's hard.

• 4d

Yeah its hard but also you only get one xhancd to go to someones wedding (or at least you intend to only go to someones wedding once.)

• 4d

I think though unless you are personally in the wedding, the bride/groom have to know going into that type of planning process that some perhaps very important people in their lives are not going to show up because they planned it on a holiday... I would definitely go myself though if it were like 4th of July, Easter, new years... but Christmas and Thanksgiving, I think I would have to really think about it and probably offer to help out anyway I could or send a great gift.

• Do I have to get you 2 gifts?

• Weddings on Holidays suck.

• Unles its Christmas or New Year, I like the idea.

• As long as it's not on Leap Year :o

• I don't personally like it.