What if your partner left you at the wedding?

after all the expenses, she/he left her family in shame, she could've done it earlier or should have rejected the proposal. your thoughts?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 36

• And thus begins the part where I move to a cave in the mountains and essentially fall off the face of the earth out of shame.

• 2d

nahhh, you should go on honeymoon alone, maybe take someone else

• 2|6
  • I can't imagine there is a person on earth who wouldn't be both pissed/embarrassed at that situation, but after the shock, I'd probably do like this real "almost" bride who's "groom" left her at the altar and be like F-it, we're going to party anyway. You can't get a refund at that point, so might as well just have a good time with people who actually love you and want to be in your life. I'd also go on the honey moon by myself and I'd also open and keep all the gifts under the clause in my mind that would read, "it would be really low of you to ask a jilted bride for your gift back... she's suffered enough," lol. Yup. Long run, as much as it hurts, its better to know beforehand as late as it was, that this person wasn't worth spending your life with. That's a wound that can heal over time.

• 3d

lol, great idea, not like i didn't think of it :p

• 2d

I agree with most of it, though I'd find some either a friend or a different girl that I knew beforehand to go with me on the honeymoon... well it'd be considered just a vacation then

• Not even the Expense but The... Embarrassment.
    I probably Would allow People to Eat and Treat themselves, Regardless Here, dear.
    Thank you for the Kind Invite. xx

• I don't agree with leaving someone at the alter, or wedding. Because before the person put on that wedding dress/ suite called all their family and friends they knew they were having doubts, so to leave the day of the wedding when you've gone through so much to make it perfect is crazy. Leave way before the actual date

• I would get the revenge. It's not acceptable. Not in that stage.

• I might commit murder that damn day, cause if you didn't want to marry after all this time or years we spent together you could of said that shit years ago. I been with my boyfriend for 5 damn years and if he was to pull something like that on me on our wedding day when we do get married, i will probably choke the shit out of him. lol It will be on head news.. If you have cold feet or doubts about a relationship don't wait until your walking down the aisle to bounce out... thats just so wrong and the worst way to end a relationship. That would make me absolutely scared to jump into a new relationship cause i would have this constant fear that the person is going to do me like my ex did.

• I don't love wild and passionate rather slow and steady, so, I don't think I'd do anything reckless or hurt myself. But I would be hurt and angry, I don't think I'd be embarrassed, I didn't do anything wrong. I would let people eat, but there'd be no dancing once they ate, they could just leave. I would go to my room and cry and probably bury my head in my dog or cat's fur.

• Heartbroken, angry... I'd probably go on a rampage. Like a Rambo, Deadpool, Trevor Phillips, or Mafia type of rampage.

• Never talk to them again and their family would have to pay for everything then... And I keep all the presents.

• I would probably kill myself. I'm honestly sick of rejection at this point and that would be the last straw for me.

• 2d

You shouldn't kill yourself for anyone whatever happens. People should love themselves and keep going, but not all people are warriors

• 2d

@mits777 it's not for you to tell people what to do with their own body and life

• 2d

@Blonde401 I know but this is who I am positive and willing to help the people around me. There are other people who don't give a fuck if others kill themselves or whatever I do (for people that I know in real life, but I feel sorry over internet when people are willing to do stupid things that can be solved with other means. I just give another option then it is up to the person to do whatever they want, I don't cross my line)

• I'd be pissed about how much money would be wasted on the wedding and just eat all of the food in depression.

• So what lol I've already been ditched and stood up before.. He left the country without telling me :) :) :)

Life goes on.

• Agh, this is hard to answer as I really don't want a wedding... haha. I'd be super frustrated and embarrassed to say the least, though.

• That would be embarrassing

• My entire soul would be crushed to pieces. I'd be so hurt and heartbroken.

• Long as i can pawn the ring, eat the reception food and find a sperm donor, I'll live

• I don't think it'd get much worse, but regardless of the humiliation, I'd rather it happen now instead of later.

• I'd be livid and incredibly hurt.

• would feel super depressed

• I will marry his bestfriend on the spot lel😤😈

• I'd be heart broken, angry, and wouldn't know what to do

• You read that shitty book by Chetan Bharat right?

• never would talk again

• I'd probably honestly commit suicide.

• I would kill myself. :)

• I wouldn't know what to do honestly.

• That would never happen.

• I would be very hurt, of course.

After a time of the grieving I would move on with life.

• Hahahah i can't think about it becus really i dont know but i can do everything to him! 😇😇😇😂😂

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 31

• If she did not want to be married to me, I would rather be left at the altar than in the judge's chambers a few months or years later. Been there, done that. :(

Of course, if she did not want to be married to me, she should have said "no" when I proposed. She should have come to me while we were first engaged and expressed her reservations. She should have backed out before we started planning a wedding.

If people always did what they were "supposed" to do, this would be a much different world, there would probably not be much need for G@G, and I would be looking for a different job (currently I am an attorney.)

• It would be very emotional at the time but as an afterfact I would be so mad about the expense, Irish weddings cost a fortune - I suppose my primary thought would be after why , would be why couldn't she do this 6 months ago?

• I'd probably just start off by laughing and saying "You've got to be fucking kidding me right?" Then probably drive home, cry, and deal with it the following day. I feel like this is something that would happen to me some day with the luck I've had with women

• lame. discourteous. rude. selfish.

• Heartbroken, but also pretty angry like, why wait til that day, holy crap I'd lose it

http://i67.tinypic.com/2luz0px.gif

• 0|2
  • never ever wouldwalk to them agsin

• This did happen to me about 2 years ago, after we had been together for 5 years. Not only did it hurt for a very long time, but it also sucked for the attendees who were invested in the relationship. I have moved on, and am happier now, but I will never forget the day.

• Sue her for all the costs of the wedding

• well...
    i'd try to move on

• Are you working on a "Movies 4 MGTOW" film script?

:)

All kidding aside though, this actually happened to a woman who works in the next unit from mine. She never really recovered.

• wonder wtf happened. cuz if i get to that point they damn better want it as bad as I do.

• I'd be furious and then make her pay.

• Honestly i expect anything from anyone

• There was a case recently where the groom pulled out at the last minute, so the bride decided to marry her dog instead of cancelling!

It's an absolutely deplorable thing to stand the bridge/groom up at the alter.

• Sue them for the expenses

• Rip her head and spine out like Sub Zero and have the minister say "Fatality!"

• I would send her the bill.

• I'd never propose to another woman again. Next time she can propose and pay all the bills.

• 3d

that's not justified

• 3d

How is that not justified? If the proposal and paying the weddings bills turns out to be a colossal waste of resources then you don't do it again. I don't make the same mistake twice.

• 2d

but you won't blane the all women. it is bad

• Never been married or even close to it. I'll stay that way cause women are morons.

• Meh her loss she can explain to her parents why she just wasted a ton of their money then.

• 2d

lmao, you expect all her expenses? you don;t have any? lol

• 2d

The brides family pays for the wedding in most cultures including my own, my families expenses wouldn't be that great.

• I would cry then eat all the food till I explode

• gangbang

• 1|1
  • Well, first it would all be over. And I'd sue for the expenses. And if she ever met another man I'd make sure he knew how evil she is

• I would kill her and her family

• 2d

😨really? not even worth it bruh!

• 2d

hell no

• 2d

@LPinky I am loyal to death, never cheated never was cheated. I tell my gfs since the beginning of relationship that if they don't like me anymore and like someone else I would gladly let them go. But if they stay with me and cheat me and I find out I beat the crap out of both of them. I am just, I offer all of myself to the people and want to be treated in the same way. Killing in this case is a bit too much but beating is the minimum

• Get my friends to track her down put her in the boot of the car and drag her back to church lol

• 2d

Or maybe get some ankle chains so she can not run of in the first place lol

• 0|1
  • Leak the sex tape!!

• It can happen. But I don't ever plan to get married so I don't have these kind of worries. There's really not much you can do, it's their decisions, they changed their minds the last minute, although it would be more respectful if they had been blunt, straight up and honest and backed out of it prior to the expenses and plans being made, and before all the invites had been sent out. Maybe it's still cheaper compared to an unhappy marriage and a divorce, especially if it were a failed unhappy marriage that involved kids and then a divorce.

• More from Guys
    1