How expensive should an engagement ring be?

So let's say the guy wants to pop the question and ask you to marry you. I know money isn't everything, but girls, what price would you like the engagement ring to be? Guys, what would you shell out?

• Less than $ 1000.
  • Between $ 1000 and $ 4000.
  • Between $ 4000 and $ 7000.
    Vote C
  • Between $ 7000 and $ 10000
    Vote D
  • At least $ 10000
    Vote E
  • I'd never marry or I'm not sure and just want to see the results.
    Vote F

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 12

• I Chose "A" for Under this Dollar...
    However, It's the Thought that really Counts, especially if you are Counting pennies. xx

• Honestly I couldn't care less. As long as it looks nice tbh

• I heard a lady say it should be 3 months salary worth, not sure if she was talking about the engagement ring or the wedding ring

• I really wouldn't care. If I would love him I wouldn't care about this stuff.

• Between $ 1000 and $ 4000.

• I doesn't matter as long as the ring is pretty, and I like it.

• It's a rock. Who cares? As long as it's shiny, it could be a glass rock.

• As long as it's over $1k, it doesn't matter.

• Above $ 7000 would be best in my opinion.

• My stone was $9600. Setting $2k or $3k.
    He picked the stone. I picked the setting. He said the stone has to be perfect.

Then my wedding band, $2k I picked out to match with the engagement. He was making $70k a year.

• 2d

Thank you for the like. What's your opinion?
      Ready to POp the question?

• 6h

You're welcome. :) And yes, I'm ready to pop the question.

The ring I have in mind is around $14000 so I was hoping someone would choose the "above 10000$" option. ;) Anything below $5000 would make me feel like a cheapskate but apparently most women want an inexpensive ring.

• 5h

It depends on everyone's situation. That's what worked for us.
      If financial is not an issue its good. $14k ring, she will be very happy.
      Not sure what people can get $1k
      Also those who are not getting marry are prob not in haopy situation at the moment.
      Good luck. What's the plan for proposing?

• around 1k is good. it really doesn't play a role if I love him.

• At least 3-4 months salary worth.

What Guys Said 7

• You can spend a ton on such things and, of course, the people selling rings will encourage to overspend. It should be a significant purchase, one that signifies that you spent time saving money because it was an important symbol but it shouldn't be something that drives you into poverty. If the girl is concerned about how much the ring costs, you might want to reconsider whether she is, in fact, The One.

• engagement ring lol.

• The only ring a women would get from me is the ring from a packet of hula hoops.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...ops_Snack_Original.jpg

• Less than $ 100...

• With a thousand dollars, I could buy a good car where I I've. I ain't rich, so under 1000

• Between $7000 and $10000.

• Just get one that is real gold, but get a zircon gem. they look the same, and then if she ever complains, you would know she got it appraised because she really cares more about money than love.

• 2d

Right, or you could no start off your marriage with a lie and be with someone who you share values with. If she is demanding an expensive ring and He isn't on the same page it says more about the marriage potential.

• 2d

@CheshireCat89 If a woman "demands" an expensive ring, I'd leave her, even if I had millions of $. And it isn't a lie if you never claimed that it was worth thousands of $ in the first place. And if she asks how much it is worth, that would just make it so I know how greedy she really is. The whole point would be to know if I would even want her.