How early is too early to propose?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for two years. We don't really fight anymore, we don't cheat, and we have successfully lived together (in the... Show More

both of our standpoints on children would prevent us from having a kid.whether she got pregnant or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I don't know exactly how old you are, but I would definitely say anyone under 21 should wait. Once your over 21 then it becomes more of a case by case situation of how mature both parties are, how strong & healthy your relationship is, your position with school or work, etc. Obviously once you get married there will definitely be sex and when your doing that (protected or not) there's always a slight chance of children. You have to consider income and stability and your readiness with yourself to be that guy who is with one woman for the rest of your life, to be a daddy, or to be the guy that can't go party with his friends all the time after work or on weekends because he now has a family at home.

I know it sounds critical but I know this all from experience. I got married when I was 18, just out of high school. It was a big mistake! Even though we were in love, we weren't ready for everything that came with it. Three years and 2 kids later we ended up divorced. We were separate for a couple years and then go back together, we are now ready to make this work. We're older now, more mature, stable, etc.

Either way Good Luck!