If a guy proposes too soon is he a jerk?

Proposes as in asks you to be his girlfriend/ tells you he loves you/ wants to spend his life with you when he barely knows you, eg. this guy was in my school but we never talked but one day we were chatting online and he told me he loved me! I was like what the..? Is it a red flag for jerk/abuser/loser? I've read too many dating articles :/

Most Helpful Guy

• His biological clock is probably tickin' away.

What Guys Said 2

• It's probably a crush and a minor obsession. He probably has been attracted to you for some time. I think this is more like a yellow flag because it's not a good sign to take things fast either. If he knows things about you (intimate things that you've never shared with him) stalker alert. Be careful :P

• get to know him more talk to him in school go on dates with him

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like he had a major crush on you. Is there anything wrong with him? I don't know if its a red flag... but it would definitely make me cautious.