My big (sorority sister) just got engaged and I can't be happy for her because I want to cry....

Her and her boyfriend have been together for 6 years, but she is only 20, and I'm 19 so of course I'm upset, I'm just not in the mood to hear about her marriage, or wedding plans or anything when I am struggling to get a boyfriend! I know I should be happy for her or whatever, but I don't CARE! and I know hearing about it is going to p*ss me off, I just feel like its official everyone around me is either getting engaged or having kids and I'm not doing either and its p*ssing me off... so I don't know what to do?

What Guys Said 1

• Typical sorority girls. Causing there own drama to make there lives more exciting. Just live your own life and don't let jealousy rule your life. Jealousy and Envy are terrible things.

Stop coming off so desperate, guys can sense the disparity.

• This girl is causing her own drama because she's upset that she doesn't have a boyfriend, if you don't know anything about sorority girls (which obviously you don't) don't assume things about us, especially if all of your knowledge is based off a few bad movies and/or a sorority girl who wouldn't hook up with you. Where there's a group of girls, sorority or not, sooner or later there will be some drama so don't talk about things you know nothing about

• I played NCAA D1 baseball, I didn't have to join a frat. Sport Teams are Real Frats I'm not bitter, I had my selection of prime USDA meat....if you catch my drift, sunshine.

• I've just got to say, this is the second or third question I've seen you two bickering over today, and I think it is HILARIOUS. Seriously though, people come here for advice, not to watch two people bitch at each back and forth over their question. State your opinion, agree to disagree, and move on.

What Girls Said 1

• Um if my big got engaged I'd be thrilled. I hope one of my sisters is getting engaged soon, or hopefully will wind up with the guy she's with because we all love him, and even though I don't have a boyfriend and never hook up I can find it in me to be happy for them. If it really bothers you talk to your big about it but also think about her. If something huge was happening in my life and my little was just like, "Big I don't want to hear about it," I'd be hurt. I mean are you really that upset that she's getting married and you're not? You're 19, why do you want to be married? Why does she want to be married? No one in my chapter is engaged yet and in all of greek life at my school only 2 girls are engaged (that I know of) and they both just graduated and both of the guys are going into the army and they all seem to get married pretty early. Stop complaining and be happy for your big instead of being jealous. They've been together for a long time, be happy for them. It's better to be happy for other people than sit around feeling sorry for yourself.

• Ok well I don't know how to be happy because all I see is when school starts again we will be talking abut it all the time and I don't want to talk about it... and its just gonna p*ss me off all over again... and there is another girl in our sorority who is engaged too and she is my age, (19), so... of course I don't want to hear about more engagement crap