I need help with wedding/engagement rings?

I am in the military and I have a trip home coming up and plan to propose to my girlfriend, then go to the courts and have a small wedding and move her to where I am stationed. I plan on having a bigger wedding ceremony in two years with all of the family and friends. (I will be deploying to Afghanistan for all of 2011) I want to get her a ring now and a second after I get back from deployment. There are so many different types of rings, I need some help. I cannot stand gold not matter if its white or yellow so what would be other good choices?

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe the best solution is to visit a reputable jeweler to see what else is available and will meet your budget. I can only think of sterling silver and platinum. Platinum is expensive but highly desirable. In addition, I don't enough about your girlfriend like if she likes fancy or simple things. The 'safest' ring to consider might be a princess or brilliant cut solitaire ring.

Sample of princess cut:

link

Sample of brilliant cut:

link

Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• greeneyedgal1 is right go to the jewelers market and see different types of rings and chose anyone.