Why does a man have to propose to a woman; why can't it be vice versa?

why does a man always have to get on 1 knee and say he love her etc. etc. and say will you marry me why a woman doesn't do it? most of the time woman force the men to marry them by saying lets get married or if you love me you would marry me if he don't he gone get the silent treatment and even... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I definitely don't agree that "most of the time women force men to marry them". Yes, some women act this way, but I don't think its the majority.

I think marriage should be something that both people come to a decision about together, not one person wanting it and having to convince the other person.

I think a lot of women wait for the man to ask because this is the way its been traditionally, and I think that a lot of women want to experience the "romance" of having a guy propose to her.

Personally, I don't care if my boyfriend asks me or if I ask him. Yeah, it would be romantic to have him ask me, but I don't think its necessary. When I have the money to buy him an engagement ring, I plan on asking him to marry me if he hasn't already asked me. We've talked about married before and we both know that eventually we want to marry each other, but we haven't made the move to get engaged yet (mostly because marriage probably won't be in our immediate future, we have both recently finished school and have a lot of student debt, so we're waiting until we're more financially sound).